• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas DLC Vol2: Honest Hearts |OT| I am the right hand of the Lord

duckroll

aL3vy.png

Title: Fallout New Vegas DLC Vol2 - Honest Hearts
Release Date: May 17th 2011
Platforms: Steam/Xbox Live Marketplace/Playstation Store
Price: $9.99/800 Points/$9.99

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/games/fnv-dlc.php#hh

Description:
An expedition into the unspoiled wilderness of Utah's Zion National Park goes horribly wrong when your caravan is ambushed by a tribal raiding band. As you try to find a way back to the Mojave you become embroiled in a war between tribes and a conflict between a New Canaanite missionary and the mysterious Burned Man. The decisions you make will determine the fate of Zion.

Key Features:
- New Terrain: Navigate the highs and lows of the steep canyon walls, caves, riverbeds, waterfalls and explore the lush landscapes and rugged terrain in beautiful and sprawling Zion Canyon.

- New Enemies: From the deadly Yao Guai and exotically lethal Greek Geckos to new hostile tribals, Zion Canyon is as dangerous as it is beautiful.

- New Perks and Weapons: Survive the wild with Tribal Wisdom or exact increased damage with Eye for Eye. Honest Hearts offers a host of new perks and weapons including the .45 Auto Pistol, .45 Auto Submachine Gun, the Compliance Regular, Fire Bombs, War Clubs, and Yao Guai Gauntlets.

FAQ:

Q: Who made Honest Hearts?
A: The Project Director is Josh Sawyer, the Project Director of New Vegas, he is also handling some writing in the DLC.

Q: Who voices Joshua Graham?
A: Keith Szarabajka.

Q: Is this DLC going to take all my gear away again?
A: No, you can bring equipment into the DLC, but there is a certain weight limit because of the caravan journey.

Q: Can we return to the DLC area after beating the scenario?
A: Yes.

Q: Is the .45 Auto ammo type brand new?
A: Yes, it is a new distinct ammo type with subtypes.

Q: Is the level cap increased?
A: Yes, another 5 levels added to the cap.

Q: Are there new achievements/trophies?
A: Yup, another 5 achievement/trophies have been added.

Q: Tell me something I don't already know.
A: THERE IS RAIN!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppZHcOf7lI

Screens: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47857688@N08/sets/72157626572798805/

honestheartsscreen_01B.jpg

honestheartsscreen_02B.jpg

honestheartsscreen_03B.jpg

honestheartsscreen_04B.jpg

honestheartsscreen_05B.jpg

honestheartsscreen_06B.jpg

honestheartsscreen_07B.jpg

DaBuddaDa

I hope this follows the Fallout 3 pattern of DLC getting better and better each release (not counting Mothership Zeta).

BeeDog

DaBuddaDa said:
I hope this follows the Fallout 3 pattern of DLC getting better and better each release.

Mothership Zeta laughs in the face of that statement.

EDIT: Damn your stealth edit!

tea_and_crumpets said:
Whats it about?

Gonna have to wait for the announcement on that one. It'll tie into the main game and Dead Money in some way though, eventually leading to the...event that's being talked about in game.

duckroll

tea_and_crumpets said:
Whats it about?

It should be taking place in Utah, around the New Canaan area. The snowglobe for the DLC will be the New Zion National Park. Based on the hints left in the New Vegas main game, it should be related to the Burning Man in some way.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Hm, I haven't completed any quests in Legion area. I'll pay attention to them.

duckroll

subversus said:
Hm, I haven't completed any quests in Legion area. I'll pay attention to them.

Well, aside from the general hearsay about the Burning Man in the game from some NPCs, the main hint is from some graffiti placed in the game to tease the future DLC. It's not much to go on, but at least we know what they want us to think.

burning man????

ok, I'm gonna play through this game just to get caught up. I wanna be ready for that day 1. Maybe I can do what I did with Fallout 3 - run through the main quest as fast as possible, then go back and do sidequests.

Smision said:
burning man????

ok, I'm gonna play through this game just to get caught up. I wanna be ready for that day 1. Maybe I can do what I did with Fallout 3 - run through the main quest as fast as possible, then go back and do sidequests.

You're going to have to do some exploring first I think. There's actually no quest, main or side, regarding the Burning Man..he just kind of comes up in conversation when you talk to some NCR or Legion people. They do tell you what supposedly happened to him though.

sound interesting, when i was playing and kept hearing npcs talk about the burning man i thought he was gonna play a part in helping to take ceasar down....but he never had a quest:(

so why does everyone sound like dead money was bad? I havent played it, is it?

and hopefully they make a dlc where it opens up endgame

Lakitu

st5fu
NightHawk17 said:
sound interesting, when i was playing and kept hearing npcs talk about the burning man i thought he was gonna play a part in helping to take ceasar down....but he never had a quest:(

so why does everyone sound like dead money was bad? I havent played it, is it?

and hopefully they make a dlc where it opens up endgame

It wasn't bad, it had the assassin suit. That automatically makes it awesome.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
How long is the first one and is it worth it? What are the things worth getting in that that would get transferred back to the main game?

klee123

Kadey said:
How long is the first one and is it worth it? What are the things worth getting in that that would get transferred back to the main game?

Dead money can last you around 10-12 hours on your first attempt.

In terms of good weapons/armor the only thing I constantly used when I finished dead money was the fully modded holorifle. It's worth getting if you're an Energy Weapons user.

Dead money can last you around 10-12 hours on your first attempt.

In terms of good weapons/armor the only thing I constantly used when I finished dead money was the fully modded holorifle. It's worth getting if you're an Energy Weapons user.
That, the Assassin suit, and about three levels of XP.

Edit: Always need moar FNV. ALWAYS.

Edit Edit: Dead Money is even better if you like Bioshock, in my opinion. I loved the characters a lot.

duckroll

I loved Dead Money. It had really good writing, a unique setting, and gameplay which was designed to be very different from vanilla NV. There are nice trap designs, and a good amount of reward/punishment for the player's patience and observation in terms of approaching the dangerous environment. Definitely worth the 10 bucks both in terms of content quantity and quality imo.

BeeDog

I have to say I hope the new DLC is better than Dead Money. The incredibly draining maze-like level design of the first DLC, coupled with the locked-in setting (thus making item collection cumbersome) was a bit too grating for my taste. I truly hope the new DLC is more open-ended.

duckroll

Yeah I definitely hope each of the DLC scenarios are unique and different from each other. I loved Dead Money, but I can see exactly why some people might not like it much. I wouldn't want that design to be in every NV DLC either. Part of why I liked it was because it was unique.

Lakitu

st5fu
duckroll said:
I loved Dead Money. It had really good writing, a unique setting, and gameplay which was designed to be very different from vanilla NV. There are nice trap designs, and a good amount of reward/punishment for the player's patience and observation in terms of approaching the dangerous environment. Definitely worth the 10 bucks both in terms of content quantity and quality imo.

Very true. I loved the way you could approach how you played it, especially during the interiors. For those like me, who uses sneak, science etc -- it was beautiful.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Does the raised level cap from DM transfer back to the original game? I'm all maxed out in the original game.

Lakitu

st5fu
Please give us more Deathclaws, or something as equally terrifying.

Some of my fondest memories is single handedly destroying Deathclaw families with my Anti-Material rifle + AP rounds. I remember taking the Legendary Deathclaw down with two critical hits. So awesome. Oh, and the Deathclaw Premonitory.

duckroll said:
Yeah I definitely hope each of the DLC scenarios are unique and different from each other. I loved Dead Money, but I can see exactly why some people might not like it much. I wouldn't want that design to be in every NV DLC either. Part of why I liked it was because it was unique.

I agree. Dead Money was right up my alley in terms of content and structure and how everything played out. However, I don't want 3 more Dead Monies as DLC. They can do so much with the universe and I'd rather have something different to do each time.

As for this one, the Burning Man was one of the most interesting things about the main game to me. Every time he was mentioned I thought "Man, I can't wait until this comes into play." Sadly it didn't come into play in the main game, but it just guaranteed I'd pick up the DLC when it came out.

Some of my fondest memories is single handedly destroying Deathclaw families with my Anti-Material rifle + AP rounds. I remember taking the Legendary Deathclaw down with two critical hits. So awesome. Oh, and the Deathclaw Premonitory.
My favorite and most frustrating raid was on the
Mining factory with the family of Deathclaws.
Talk about strategy - even with an emphasis on long range and CRIT incapacitation, they killed me twenty or so times. Loved it, loved the challenge, and I agree: more "gauntlets" would be great.

There were some hellacious caves and breeding grounds around the Mojave though. Loved that exploration too.

Man, FNV is definitely my favorite game of last year.

Edit: I see Twin Peaks avatars in here, Flaming Lips avatars, good people all around. :lol

Lakitu

st5fu
afternoon delight said:
My favorite and most frustrating raid was on the
Mining factory with the family of Deathclaws.
Talk about strategy - even with an emphasis on long range and CRIT incapacitation, they killed me twenty or so times. Loved it, loved the challenge, and I agree: more "gauntlets" would be great.

Yeah, I tackled that part during a lower level. They absolutely battered me for the most part, but it felt like an awesome game of cat & mouse. Probably the highlight for me. The Anti-Material rifle is a godsend for the Deathclaw encounters, especially with AP rounds. But lower level + limited supply of AP rounds + angry Deathclaws made me shit scared. Died so many times that I lost count. Started with Boone and E-DE backing me up but they always ended up giving my position away no matter what. Great game. Combat is far superior to Fallout 3.

Lakitu said:

Legendary Deathclaw? Do tell

I remember the first time i saw a deathclaw, i was scared shitless. I tried running but it was no use and this was as a level 8 :( Then i got revenge on em once i got to the quarry, i had a sniper rifle

Dabanton

I need to finish New Vegas got so worried about perfecting my character that i was scared to move on in case i missed something vital.

I need to finish New Vegas got so worried about perfecting my character that i was scared to move on in case i missed something vital.
I was.... at first. You just have to keep remembering that there actually isn't a right way to do it.

Which is the coolest part.

Top Bottom