• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas DLC Vol2: Honest Hearts |OT| I am the right hand of the Lord

Dabanton

afternoon delight said:
I was.... at first. You just have to keep remembering that there actually isn't a right way to do it.

Which is the coolest part.

Yeah i'm going to get back into this week and just play it rather than worry about that stuff.

Can always replay if i miss anything.

Jaguar

Nice, just finished Dead Money a couple days ago after picking it up during the April Fool's Day sale.

Hope this new DLC or any future DLC raises the level cap.

BeeDog

Awesome. Great voice actor for the Burning Man, does anyone have an idea of who he is? Sounds vaguely familiar.

-BLITZ-

And here are the screens.
Oh yes. Reminds me a lot of Far Cry 2 desert brown rocks in a Borderlands madness.
I like the guys cap and I see cornrows on some other guy. Uh, they are so big they look like
poop
. :)

srtkF.jpg

vVIzz.jpg

MHSR5.jpg

T0o7B.jpg

VZ8Xe.jpg

AONqx.jpg

Lakitu

st5fu
Description from the official website:

Description:
An expedition into the unspoiled wilderness of Utah's Zion National Park goes horribly wrong when your caravan is ambushed by a tribal raiding band. As you try to find a way back to the Mojave you become embroiled in a war between tribes and a conflict between a New Canaanite missionary and the mysterious Burned Man. The decisions you make will determine the fate of Zion.

Key Features:
New Terrain: Navigate the highs and lows of the steep canyon walls, caves, riverbeds, waterfalls and explore the lush landscapes and rugged terrain in beautiful and sprawling Zion Canyon.
New Enemies: From the deadly Yao Guai and exotically lethal Greek Geckos to new hostile tribals, Zion Canyon is as dangerous as it is beautiful.
New Perks and Weapons: Survive the wild with Tribal Wisdom or exact increased damage with Eye for Eye. Honest Hearts offers a host of new perks and weapons including the .45 Auto Pistol, .45 Auto Submachine Gun, the Compliance Regular, Fire Bombs, War Clubs, and Yao Guai Gauntlets.

duckroll

I think I will simply convert this thread to the OT for the DLC. Thanks for posting the news here earlier. CAN'T FUCKING WAIT! :D

duckroll

I see 3 different types of tribals in the trailer:

- there are the guys with tons of tattoos and make-shift bits of armor and equipment who seem to be with the Burned Man

- and then there are those with Daniel, who wear simple clothing and white pearl necklaces, they seem more passive

- then there are these savages who have painted faces and masks, and seem to use the most aggressive weapons

Looks like there could definitely be more factions than just "white legs" and "sorrows" involved here.

Other cool things in the trailer include RAIN, cool guns, and bear hunting. I really hope the DLC ends up feeling like a nice hiking experience, and a more unique trek than the normal Mojave exploration in the main game. Could be pretty memorable.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
This has me all in a tizzy. I am still working my way through a 100% run of FO3 GOTY (never beat it), but I think I'm going to move right into New Vegas right after (fresh start +DLCs).

-BLITZ-

Now I understand what's with this excitement going on here about the rain. Never actual noticed that it wasn't used in Fallout 3 or New Vegas at all. Oh my, how I didn't see it after so much time.

Maybe too much dark and grey clouds used in this two game, to give that rainy day illusion. Now I'm really excited :D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
-BLITZ- said:
Now I understand what's with this excitement going on here about the rain. Never actual noticed that it wasn't used in Fallout 3 or New Vegas at all. Oh my, how I didn't see it after so much time.

Maybe too much dark and grey clouds used in this two game, to give that rainy day illusion. Now I'm really excited :D
Hopefully it's dynamic (like not just during one specific segment) and we get thunder and lightning with it. Then just kick back in a chair, switch on the radio and watch the vista for the duration of the storm.

That would be so fucking good.

-BLITZ-

Should we add in the FAQ, the rain feature. You know, like some kind of surprise for everyone who will read :)

-BLITZ-

Stallion Free said:
Hopefully it's dynamic (like not just during one specific segment) and we get thunder and lightning with it. Then just kick back in a chair, switch on the radio and watch the vista for the duration of the storm.

That would be so fucking good.

Yeah. Sitting on some chair and take a view of the splendour brown canyons on a rainy day with thunders and lightning, having Gobi on your side, at the top on some hill. Indeed would be. :)

Leckan

Probably be a while until I play this because because I still have some stuff to finish in the main game but I can't wait.

Angry Fork

I'm disappointed in the picture of the guy with the bandages. At first I only saw duckroll's avatar and it was small so I couldn't see him holding the pistol. I thought he was doing some martial arts stance like one of those silent martial arts badasses or whatever but then I saw the pistol and was like ...oh =(. He'd look way cooler without guns and just a sword.

-BLITZ-

I hope that in this DLC will come with an update for the Cassidy main & side quests like how they made those updates on Fallout 3 DLC adding that extra fixing content for Fallout 3 main bugs since everything goes bad with her missions and I can't finish this game correctly where they are the single quests left in my Pip-Boy.

hemtae

Angry Fork said:
I'm disappointed in the picture of the guy with the bandages. At first I only saw duckroll's avatar and it was small so I couldn't see him holding the pistol. I thought he was doing some martial arts stance like one of those silent martial arts badasses or whatever but then I saw the pistol and was like ...oh =(. He'd look way cooler without guns and just a sword.

Well he was with the Legion, so he probably has some martial arts training

-BLITZ- said:
I hope that in this DLC will come with an update for the Cassidy main & side quests like how they made those updates on Fallout 3 DLC adding that extra fixing content for Fallout 3 main bugs since everything goes bad with her missions and I can't finish this game correctly where they are the single quests left in my Pip-Boy.

What problems did you have with that quest? PS360 version I assume?

-BLITZ-

Birds of a Feather & Heartache by the Number on PC version. Fallout wikia tells everything about this two problematic quests.
Oh my, I see a hope by fixing Birds of a Feather now, using the console commands, yet Heartache by the Number will still remain unfinished.

How much I wish to see this two quests fixed. I play with Cassidy a lot.

-BLITZ- said:
Birds of a Feather & Heartache by the Number on PC version. Fallout wikia tells everything about this two problematic quests.
Oh my, I see a hope by fixing Birds of a Feather now, using the console commands, yet Heartache by the Number will still remain unfinished.

Ah, ok. I don't think I ever completed her quests in my first run, and in my second... well, let's just say she's not interested in teaming up anymore.

Are there no community fixes out there? nvm, just reread your post.

Wiseblood

-BLITZ- said:

You can only finish one of those quests. You used to be able to do Heartache and then Birds of a Feather, but they changed that so the Van Graafs will become hostile to you if you finish Heartache. If you play with Cass a lot, then you really don't want to do Birds of a Feather.
The Van Graafs kill her

-BLITZ-

Wiseblood said:
You can only finish one of those quests. You used to be able to do Heartache and then Birds of a Feather, but they changed that so the Van Graafs will become hostile to you if you finish Heartache. If you play with Cass a lot, then you really don't want to do Birds of a Feather.
The Van Graafs kill her

Yes, I know. But Obsidian should mention or pick up their minds to tell if we need to make just one of them as some kind of single route in Courier story or they are having real bug problems with Cassidy. Doesn't make sense to kill Cassidy if she's a companion since the other companions are not in such situation. After all
she tells her story at the end of the game.

Top Bottom