• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas DLC Vol2: Honest Hearts |OT| I am the right hand of the Lord

XeroSauce

So I was trying to get my carry weight down to the required 100 lbs, so I stripped my girl of all her weapons, armor, ammo, and any MISC items I could. And I was stuck at 104 LBS of weight.

So I checked my meds. Nope. I'm only carrying stuff that weighs nothing. Hardcore mode isn't on, and I am not carry anything else from mods etc. Has this happened to anyone else/anyone have any insight?

-BLITZ-

After playing the DLC for the second time, I noticed you don't need to have a lot of ammo in your party. Most of the playthrough will not be so flooded with enemies. I took for every weapon only 20 ammo for each type of bullets and only 100 for laser rifles or pistols on hardcore mode. You don't need to carry so much because you will find in every place exactly what you need. You can start even from 0 weight and will be fun since you get unique weapons with ammo spread on the entire map.

Check out your Misc section too.

XeroSauce

-BLITZ- said:
After playing the DLC for the second time, I noticed you don't need to have a lot of ammo in your party. Most of the playthrough will not be so flooded with enemies. I took for every weapon only 20 ammo for each type of bullets and only 100 for laser rifles or pistols on hardcore mode. You don't need to carry so much because you will find in every place exactly what you need. You can start even from 0 weight and will be fun since you get unique weapons with ammo spread on the entire map.

Check out your Misc section too.

That's the thing, I have nothing on me. No weapons, ammo, armor, misc, meds, nothing. I'm only carrying quest items. and obviously the Chip + Caravan Deck + some other general stuff has weight, but not up to 104. :/

Is there a chance I have invisible armor stuck in my character's butt or something

kamspy

I'm at the vault in Dead Money now. Just have to figure out how to finish it. Already have this installed from Steam. Dead Money was an experience like no other IMO. Almost like a blend of Saw and Oceans 11. I'll be honest, it kicked my ass. I'm playing on Hard/hardcore and it played like a survival horror game. I never had ammo, stims or health to spare, and I ran from more enemies than I fought.

I'm frothing to get started on Honest Hearts. If it's half as good as Dead Money, Fallout New Vegas DLC with be my GOTY so far. I hope Obsidian really does what they want with these last few packs because I don't think they'll get their hands on the IP again. =[

New Vegas is one of my favorite games, all time. Not this gen, not this genre, just period. I could go on, but I'll leave it at that. I hope I'm in for some goodies with HH. =]

-BLITZ-

If you are playing the game in PC version, use the console command clicking on your character and type showinventory, this should show your last items used or hidden, if you say you don't have any weapons, armor or bullets in your party.

I have the same issue with some objects when I put them in a desk or safe. When I choose take them all, some of them still remain there. I haven't encounter such problems in Fallout 3. This is totally a new bug that seems they haven't fixed after all this time.

Are you carrying a shit load of lead? It has a very small amount of weight (like 0.001), and if you're carrying thousands of it, it will add up to several lbs.

SRG01

I liked Honest Hearts much better than the main campaign for some reason. It felt more focused, yet left enough room for you to do your own thing.

-BLITZ-

HadesGigas said:
Are you carrying a shit load of lead? It has a very small amount of weight (like 0.001), and if you're carrying thousands of it, it will add up to several lbs.

Oh yes, you're right. Most of them who has weight marked like "--/__" instead of 0.0 in your Pip-Boy, having 2000 lead will have a weight of 1 even normally they shouldn't. If you are a person that using reloading benches very often, then again you should check the misc section.

XeroSauce

HadesGigas said:

-BLITZ- said:
If you are playing the game in PC version, use the console command clicking on your character and type showinventory, this should show your last items used or hidden, if you say you don't have any weapons, armor or bullets in your party.

I have the same issue with some objects when I put them in a desk or safe. When I choose take them all, some of them still remain there. I haven't encounter such problems in Fallout 3. This is totally a new bug that seems they haven't fixed after all this time.

Thank you both, I'll try this when I get home.

What armor/guns did you guys opt to bring with you?

XeroSauce said:
Thank you both, I'll try this when I get home.

What armor/guns did you guys opt to bring with you?

Combat armor, +1 PER bandana for clothing. Trail carbine, That Gun, and my hunting shotgun as my arsenal.

I brought Assassin Suit, Holorifle, This Machine, and All-American.

Zion is very friendly for sniping so it'll be good if you bring your favorite scoped weapon.

SRG01

I brought nothing but a Power Fist and Reinforced Leather Armor :3

I do have to say that being a melee character is easier in Honest Hearts than in Dead Money.

Enjoyed this expansion a lot. Dead Money had the better story and characters but Honest Hearts had everything else. Lot of cool places to explore and Zion looked great. Got a lot of mileage out of the expansion despite the main quest being a bit short. Burned Man was a bit inconsequential but was great to finally see him.

The true star of Honest Hearts was the Survivalist. Loved exploring the caves and finding his journal entries. Such a great story.
Finding his skeleton at the Red Gate out of nowhere was probably the highlight of all of New Vegas for me
It is all completely missable unless you are looking to find everything but it is what separates Fallout from other games.

Very comparable to Point Lookout but that is still the gold standard for Fallout DLC in my mind. Bring on Old World Blues.

duckroll

Holy crap. I finally managed to start Honest Hearts with my second character, a lvl8 cannibal with really high gun skill. I dismissed Veronica and ED-E, went into Zion with That Gun and Lightweight Leather Armor, and the expansion is WAY EASIER than when I played with my lvl35 melee/stealth character. It's pretty hilarious how overpowered all the guns are. But fun! :D

Just got to Graham. Can't wait to shoot and eat my way through the expansion this time. Come to think of it... White Legs does sound like a delicacy... mmmm. ^_^

duckroll said:
Holy crap. I finally managed to start Honest Hearts with my second character, a lvl8 cannibal with really high gun skill. I dismissed Veronica and ED-E, went into Zion with That Gun and Lightweight Leather Armor, and the expansion is WAY EASIER than when I played with my lvl35 melee/stealth character. It's pretty hilarious how overpowered all the guns are. But fun! :D

Just got to Graham. Can't wait to shoot and eat my way through the expansion this time. Come to think of it... White Legs does sound like a delicacy... mmmm. ^_^

I only really used That Gun for my entire stay - though I used my scoped Trail Carbine during the last mission. The Anti-Material Rifle is too AP heavy, and the other guns are a bit pea-shooter-esque for my liking.

The characters in DM is clearly superior - only Joshua feels like a properly fleshed out character, and that's mostly because you already know so much of his back story from rumours in the Mojave. But since Zion was so obviously aiming for a wholly different experience, I never found myself disappointed at the lack of texture in the characters and the story.

Top Bottom