• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas DLC Vol4: Lonesome Road |OT| Now sponsored by the Gun Runners

Lakitu

st5fu
Damn, I need to finish up the last bits of OWB. Have to find the last few locations and the Legendary Bloatfly. The strange thing is, I've been all over the map thoroughly but I'm still missing some locations.

Lakitu said:
Damn, I need to finish up the last bits of OWB. Have to find the last few locations and the Legendary Bloatfly. The strange thing is, I've been all over the map thoroughly but I'm still missing some locations.

That thing is a bitch.

Sotha Sil

I'm so, so ready for this. Facing Ulysses with my Tracer Tong-like character, who rejects everything the Old World stood for and chose the independent path.

Great dialogue or bust, Avellone!

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
That thing is a bitch.

Surprisingly easy with Unarmed perks. Tends to prove how broken Unarmed is in this game :D

IrishNinja

oh man, awesome timing - im still sitting on NV + all the sale DLC from the last big steam thing. if i grab this one too, can i do them all in one big playthrough as i go? i think 3 was like that.

duckroll

IrishNinja said:
oh man, awesome timing - im still sitting on NV + all the sale DLC from the last big steam thing. if i grab this one too, can i do them all in one big playthrough as i go? i think 3 was like that.

Yes. If you plan on doing them all in one big playthrough, then I would recommend that you play through the main story until you get towards the middle or end of it (around lvl20 or so), then do the DLC in order (1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4), and then finish the main game. You should be able to get the complete experience that way. The DLCs reference or expand on various element from the main game too, so it pays off to do as much optional stuff as possible along the way so the world is fully fleshed out.

Leckan

Are they gonna release a patch to coincide with this release and if so what will it do besides compatibility?

Salsa

I really need to catch up.

Its just that i lost my old NV save on a new windows install and i need to play through the whole game again in the midst of all the new releases, nggh

I don't know. It could be that my memory is terrible, but I seem to remember starting OWB before midnight PDT.

Whatever the case, I want it now :D

Fjordson

I remember OWB hitting Xbox Live at like 2 AM PST. Hopefully it's no later than that this time around (that's about 2 and a half hours from now). So excited for this.

Edit: Up on Xbox Live!!! So ready.

Fjordson

The beginning of LR is really, really cool. The set up for the story and some of the lore you get during the introduction is really interesting.

Was only able to wander The Divide for like 5 minutes, in need of some sleep, but the beginning is very promising. Should be an awesome DLC.

duckroll said:
No, there isn't going to be another thread for a BOZARS!!!. :p

and you call yourself a Fallout fan
emot-colbert.gif

ill buy this today, i have no self control on fallout shit i swear,

I bought all the dlcs at their respective releases and STILL haven't set foot in point lookout, or ANY of the new vegas DLCs.....

same with oblivion...

:derp

oh and this is the official old school Fallout music, because I said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6suxMoU7_M&feature=related

DarkKyo

ZombieSupaStar said:
and you call yourself a Fallout fan
emot-colbert.gif

ill buy this today, i have no self control on fallout shit i swear,

I bought all the dlcs at their respective releases and STILL haven't set foot in point lookout, or ANY of the new vegas DLCs.....

same with oblivion...

:derp

oh and this is the official old school Fallout music, because I said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6suxMoU7_M&feature=related
Err so you are addicted to buying DLC and not playing them?

bengraven

I'll probably hold off until I can get all 4 DLC for $10 on Steam, but I have to say this trailer was very, very cool. I haven't been following the New Vegas DLC very closely, but now I regret it a bit.

Still waiting however.

DarkKyo

Barberetti said:
I haven't played any of the NV DLC yet. I really need to rectify that at some point.
Old World Blues will melt your face with its awesomeness... and an advanced LAER.

Fellas, question about DLC.

So, in New Vegas, I think that I sort of F'ed up. So, I saved my New Vegas save at the wrong time... I saved it after going through the final "entrance" and going to the last part of the game, where for me:

I face uhh .. some guy .. and all of my robots come through on the Hoover Dam area and just kill him

BUt basically, I can't continue from where I am... the game is over. If I get the DLC, how can I play these? Do I have to go back to a previous save, or, is it like Broken Steel where it "opens up" the end of the game?

I know it's strange, but is it possible to nominate this and Left 4 Dead 2 as GOTY's with all of their support? I mean, they're pretty much the only games I play besides Civ....

FNV is just god-tier. Mods and DLC have taken this to another level though.

Edit: Pretty sure you can't, your save is REALLY beyond the point of return if you're already within the, uh, "gated community". But I've never been that far with DLC concerns, so I'm not sure.

duckroll

Dechaios said:
Old World Blues will melt your face with its awesomeness... and an advanced LAER.

I'm going to bring the fully upgraded unique variant of that LAER into Lonesome Road to melt Ulysses' face with. :D

Lakitu

st5fu
duckroll said:
I'm going to bring the fully upgraded unique variant of that LAER into Lonesome Road to melt Ulysses' face with. :D

I've been delaying it for too long. Will buy now. The prospect of finally meeting Ulysses excites me so bad.

DarkKyo

duckroll said:
Same!! Hmm I'm not sure if it is fully upgraded though. Also, I wish it didn't break down so god damn fast.

Seriously though it is time to bring every one of your most powerful weapons- I bet this DLC is gonna be pretty hardcore.

Edit: One thing I'm at a crossroads about is if I want to bring the stealth suit or not. Are you? It's a great suit but I feel like the humorous tone of her voice won't fit with the more serious/dark tone of Lonesome Road.

afternoon delight said:
Edit: Pretty sure you can't, your save is REALLY beyond the point of return if you're already within the, uh, "gated community". But I've never been that far with DLC concerns, so I'm not sure.

Thanks... I've got a save from some point before, so I'll probably try and pick that up and accomplish what I did before the end. That was my major gripe with Fallout 3, my single biggest complaint... and Broken Steel fixed it, made it great, but then FNV just repeated the same. I just don't get that decision.

I never DL any of these before. Which one would you guys recommend i DL first?

Is it like Fallout3 where one DLC is better than the other (I only DL broken steel based on reviews)?

EDIT- Does it raise your level cap? Do you continue from where you were like Broken Steel?

Top Bottom