• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas DLC Vol4: Lonesome Road |OT| Now sponsored by the Gun Runners

Kung Fu Grip said:
I never DL any of these before. Which one would you guys recommend i DL first?

Is it like Fallout3 where one DLC is better than the other (I only DL broken steel based on reviews)?

EDIT- Does it raise your level cap? Do you continue from where you were like Broken Steel?

Every DLC you have raises the level cap by 5 levels and adds some new perks.

I'd rank the DLCs: 1. Old World Blues 2. Dead Money 3. Honest Hearts

Downloaded Lonesome Road but I haven't played it yet.

Kung Fu Grip said:
I never DL any of these before. Which one would you guys recommend i DL first?

Is it like Fallout3 where one DLC is better than the other (I only DL broken steel based on reviews)?

EDIT- Does it raise your level cap? Do you continue from where you were like Broken Steel?

Tempo and style varies significantly from each DLC to the next. Honest Hearts is best played before the other ones.

Sober

Hmm, just realized I should probably buy and craft some more ammo before heading into LR, since all those damn robo-scorpions in OWB decided to suck and be bullet sponges.

AkuMifune

Banned
Oh god, this is out today too? Christ. Bought, but gonna have to go advanced levels of time management to fit this in somehow.

duckroll

http://store.steampowered.com/app/72760/

BOUGHT! :D

LWr6c.jpg

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
Every DLC you have raises the level cap by 5 levels and adds some new perks.

I'd rank the DLCs: 1. Old World Blues 2. Dead Money 3. Honest Hearts

Downloaded Lonesome Road but I haven't played it yet.

bonesmccoy said:
Tempo and style varies significantly from each DLC to the next. Honest Hearts is best played before the other ones.

Thanks fellas.

I think maby i'll play HH first or just play them in order.

DarkKyo

Kung Fu Grip said:
Thanks fellas.

I played them in order and I liked it(started when both DM and HH were out). Dead Money is a very isolated, confined experience with a great story. Honest Hearts is pretty cool in contrast because it's a very wide open, natural area. OWB is best to save for last because its a crazy romp through a giant sci-fi facility(so freaking good). For the love of god save it for last!

Thanks duckroll, downloading now on Steam :D Gonna get errands and work assignments done in the meantime, and then it's Lonesome Road all the way after that.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Kung Fu Grip said:
Thanks fellas.

Actually, it seems it's supposed to go in order from Honest Hearts/Old World Blues, Dead Money, and finally Lonesome Road. This is what i'm getting from their suggested level in any case...

As soon as the weapon and equipment packs hit next week, I'm going to start it all over again with a fresh character. Maybe this time a dude. Haven't decided yet...

Bought!

Now I will finally play through all of them. I was close to the end of the main game when I left off, but I wanted to wait until all the DLCs were out and do all of them, then finish the game. Today, I begin!

doomed1 said:
As soon as the weapon and equipment packs hit next week, I'm going to start it all over again with a fresh character. Maybe this time a dude. Haven't decided yet...

Doing the same, but with lots of mods!

duckroll

doomed1 said:
Actually, it seems it's supposed to go in order from Honest Hearts/Old World Blues, Dead Money, and finally Lonesome Road. This is what i'm getting from their suggested level in any case...

The level order is not the story order. In terms of story, it's specifically Dead Money -> Old World Blues -> Lonesome Road. Honest Hearts stands alone but should be done before Lonesome Road as well.

-BLITZ-

I wish to know if in Lonesome Road the landspace, surrounding are like in the wallpaper duckroll posted ^^ what is in the background.

duckroll said:
The level order is not the story order. In terms of story, it's specifically Dead Money -> Old World Blues -> Lonesome Road. Honest Hearts stands alone but should be done before Lonesome Road as well.
So i should do DM, OWB, HH then LR?

anddo0

Castor Krieg said:
How can you dislike NV DLC? It's probably the single best content-packed DLC this generation.

Disliked it as well. The humor didn't click with me. Which pretty much killed the entire thing since humor plays a big role in OWB. I got so annoyed with it. I turned off the voices. It also featured way too many fetch quests, characters were nothing special etc... It just felt out of place.

I'll get LR when it hits $4.50 on Steam.

Erudite

Shit. Trying to load my saves results in instant CTD. Hoping it's due to mods.

Edit: Great. Turning off all my mods didn't do anything either.

Edit2: Found a save before I started Honest Hearts that'll load.. Kinda shitty though, I lose 5 hours of play time (Finished Honest Hearts + quite a ways in in Old World Blues) and 4 levels... Don't remember if I found any good gear or not =/

CyReN

anddo0 said:
Disliked it as well. The humor didn't click with me. Which pretty much killed the entire thing since humor plays a big role in OWB. I got so annoyed with it. I turned off the voices. It also featured way too many fetch quests, characters were nothing special etc... It just felt out of place.

I'll get LR when it hits $4.50 on Steam.

Bingo, exactly how I felt.

Sober

Alright, finished the main quest in LR and did a bit of wandering around but mostly the main quest. From what I understand about Ulysses and Courier Six:
-the theme of the DLC is "home" - in regards to the Courier's, Ulysses and ED-E's as well as the nature of The Divide.

-some time before FNV, Courier Six founds a settlement in the Divide, and this is where Ulysses made his new home after the Legion took his over - Dry Wells (?) where the Twisted Hairs tribe (I assume that means dreadlocks or something seeing as he has them) were assimilated into the Legion.

-The Divide was a community that was important enough that it was like a proto-Hoover Dam; that it could connect both the West (NCR expansion) and East (Legion expansion) and bridge them together, possibly reconnect both sides of the US.

-Pre-war Divide was a military base/community where they had nuke silos underground.

-For one reason or another, the Courier accidentally (?) brings in package from NCR territory that has codes to all the nukes underneath the Divide and they get set off underground, leading to what you see in LR - cracked ground, mutated subterranean creatures, the Marked Men, etc.

-Now rather than the Divide be the focus in the Mojave region (it was supposed to be a vital trade route prior to the incident), now the focus lies on Hoover Dam.

-Ulysses is the only other survivor of the incident realizes that the NCR/the West cannot help reunify the US and plans to nuke the Long 15 to cut off supply lanes from the NCR to the Mojave, effectively ending NCR expansion plans. (brings up the subject of NCR being 'diseased', cannot keep itself together, etc.)

-you learn more about ED-E's mission to Navarro and how it came to be; also that Ulysses needed the ED-E you find in Hopesville to help him prep the nukes to launch.

Buggiest DLC yet. :/ I've restarted my PS3 close to a dozen times and I haven't finished it yet. Just curious, has anyone been through
Courier's Mile yet? I tried it and holy shit. A bunch of deathclaws and other assorted bad guys. Ran out of stimpacks. Wasn't expecting it to be that hard. First part of the game where I'm actually thinking I won't be able to beat it. I'd like to know what's at the end of it though.

rainking187 said:
Buggiest DLC yet. :/ I've restarted my PS3 close to a dozen times and I haven't finished it yet. Just curious, has anyone been through
Courier's Mile yet? I tried it and holy shit. A bunch of deathclaws and other assorted bad guys. Ran out of stimpacks. Wasn't expecting it to be that hard. First part of the game where I'm actually thinking I won't be able to beat it. I'd like to know what's at the end of it though.
I know (well, I heard anyway, haven't made it through myself) that there are two
warheads
there if you are trying to get them all.

Can anyone tell me (marked with spoilers, obviously) what the name of the final quest is so I know when I get there?

anddo0 said:
Disliked it as well. The humor didn't click with me. Which pretty much killed the entire thing since humor plays a big role in OWB.

It isn't my favourite, and I too found the humour tiring at times. All in all though I understand the vibe Obsidian was aiming for, and to a certain extent they hit it bang on. It's just that the sombre tones of Dead Money and Honest Hearts set an expectation, and OWB was almost the utter opposite.

Lonesome Road... here I come.

Just finished and it was a pretty meh way to end fallout. The story was good but the area and setting was a bit boring. If I had to rank the DLC it would probably go something like:

1. Old World Blues
2. Honest Hearts
3. Lonesome Road
4. Dead Money

DarkKyo

I wish the new guns were out now. As soon as I'm done with Lonesome Road I'll have no reason to obtain new guns :/

While we're on the topic though, OWB was my favorite so far by far. Thematically it was just incredible. Best characters and setting by a long shot.

Tanolen

Pretty much finished main story, it was good and the writing was pretty great. It is regrettable how linear the DLC is, although the title should have given it away in retrospect. Not really sure how I would rank all the DLC now, but I think OWB was the best, but none of the DLC surpassed Point Lookout in my opinion.

Top Bottom