• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

BlueSteel

Would you do:

Tate

for Ivory and Dobson?

my RBs would be Charles, Ridley, Andre Brown, and Ivory

I'm considering it because my WRs got destroyed with Julio and Reggie both going on IR. i'm currently running with:

Gordon
Douglas
Randle
Smith
Rishard Mathews
Tavon Austin
Kendall Wright

Basically, I'm sad. Is Dobson better than any combination of those 3?

For those who can offer me suggestions, as I said I was thinking dropping Clay for Fleener.

This is my current roster;

QB - Alex Smith
WR - Steve Smith
WR - Golden Tate
RB - Trent Richardson
RB - MJD
WR/TE - TY Hilton
WR/TE - James Jones
K - Steve Hauschka
DEF - Seattle

Bench

QB - Joe Flacco
TE - Kyle Rudolph
RB - Roy Helu Jr
WR - Greg Jennings
TE - Charles Clay
WR - Roddy White

14 team league.

Would you do:

Tate

for Ivory and Dobson?

my RBs would be Charles, Ridley, Andre Brown, and Ivory

I'm considering it because my WRs got destroyed with Julio and Reggie both going on IR. i'm currently running with:

Gordon
Douglas
Randle
Smith
Rishard Mathews
Tavon Austin
Kendall Wright

Basically, I'm sad. Is Dobson better than any combination of those 3?
HELL NO. Ivory is the clear lead back in NY and Dobson is up and coming. Tate may not last the year, 4 busted ribs is 4 busted ribs.

Also why do you have Joseph Randle? Drop him.

There are actually 5 current NFL players named Randle. Maybe next time full names would help.

And any QB is shitty when they have no time to throw. However good to know your feelings about Eli didn't temper your enthusiasm on that Cruz deal in No Quitters 5!

#fuzzylogic

Meh this is what I get for only having 1 QB all season. Got beat on the waiver wire for Nick Foles so I have to start Big Ben this week. At least I can keep riding the TE (Graham) and RB (McCoy, Morris, and Tate this week) advantage I've had the whole year.

Petrie

Banned
Trade question at the last minute before deadline guys. I still ahve:

QB: Stafford, Pryor
WR: Gordon, Welker, Megatron, TY Hilton
RB: Lacy, Stacy, Andre Brown, Vereen, Starks
TE: Cameron, Garrett Graham
K: Crosby, Lindell
D: Carolina, New England

There is a player in my league who is running Trent Richardson and Law Firm at RB who is desperate, and has offered me Andre Johnson straight up for either Andre Brown or Shane Vereen. Given my current roster, would you take that deal? We play 3WR 2 RB and a Flex, so it's likely Gordon would hit my bench, Brown would leave my Flex and I'd insert Johnson into the Flex spot. Do you think keeping the RB depth for a playoff run is more important? Appreciate the help guys. League is .5PPR btw.

Depth is meaningless in the fantasy playoffs. I mean you might have 1 guy on the bench you could sub in in case of injury, but let's be real: If you lose a starter in the playoffs you're almost done. Use any depth to try and upgrade a starting position so you have guys who are matchup-proof.

BTW I'd deal Vereen for Andre 3000 in a second. Seriously, you will not miss him.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
W5sM1Y3.jpg

Trade I got offered I like it besides the fact I have no wideouts after this deal.

Kansas City defense @ DEN OR New York Jets defense @ BUF?
Jets D. I have a question, it's spoiler tagged:

16-team, Standard scoring w/ KR/PR points
QB: Andy Dalton
RB: Reggie Bush, Chris Johnson, Chris Ivory
WR: Pierre Garcon, Cecil Shorts III, Terrance Williams, Michael Crabtree
TE: Tim Wright, John Carlson
K: Kai Forbath
DEF: Texans

TWill is on Bye, so I need a Flex WR. FA options are:

Mario Manningham @ New Orleans
Nate Washington vs Indianapolis
Leonard Hankerson @ Philadelphia
Kris Durham @ Pittsburgh

I could also trade for Marvin Jones, since I have Dalton. Their team
QB: Tony Romo, MIke Glennon
RB: Ben Tate, Chris Ogbonnaya, Mark Ingram
WR: Josh Gordon, Victor Cruz, Steve Smith, Marvin Jones, Rishard Matthews
TE: Tyler Eifert
K: Shawn Suisham
DEF: Chiefs

However he wants Ivory for Jones, which doesn't seem fair at all. No way I'm doing that deal.

1) Should I go with the waiver wire, and which WR?
2) Should I try and acquire Jones, and what should I offer?

Jets D for sure and Frankman, what are the top options available on your wire? No way do you give Ivory for Jones as you stated. He better give you Gordon if he wants Ivory.

I'm being haunted by whether to keep Chris Johnson in or not. He's really only had the two good games whereas I could toss in Woodhead who's at least decent if not good every game and the Dolphin D is really lousy against RBs. It's non-PPR though so Woodhead doesn't have his typical value. CJ tends to play Indy well and they haven't done well at containing RBs lately so....yeah, most indecisive I've been in a while. It doesn't help that Thursday games are typically crap fests that screw you over.

I'm being haunted by whether to keep Chris Johnson in or not. He's really only had the two good games whereas I could toss in Woodhead who's at least decent if not good every game and the Dolphin D is really lousy against RBs. It's non-PPR though so Woodhead doesn't have his typical value. CJ tends to play Indy well and they haven't done well at containing RBs lately so....yeah, most indecisive I've been in a while. It doesn't help that Thursday games are typically crap fests that screw you over.
I would use CJ, with Fitzpatrick in he loves to check down to RBs (remember Fred Jackson in Buffalo).

I would use CJ, with Fitzpatrick in he loves to check down to RBs (remember Fred Jackson in Buffalo).

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm standing pat there I'm just nervous with him as he has layed eggs more than he's been productive and it's a Thursday night game. I'm having even more fun in another league weighing the terrifying prospect of putting Colston back in. Talk about untrustworthy, ugh.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm standing pat there I'm just nervous with him as he has layed eggs more than he's been productive and it's a Thursday night game. I'm having even more fun in another league weighing the terrifying prospect of putting Colston back in. Talk about untrustworthy, ugh.
I bet you ain't nervous now!

UberTag

I bet you ain't nervous now!
Colts D has been reeling in recent weeks. I suspect CJ2K will live up to his name tonight and have a decent outing for ya.

Not sure if Washington was the best play but you're pretty much throwing a dart with the names you had to choose from and hoping to get lucky. Durham was probably the safest choice to at least get a few points due to Stafford's competency but he lacks the upside of some of the other guys you had to choose from. If I was going to take a stab at a home run play, I'd have looked at Donnie Avery. If the Chiefs have to play catch up for once against the Broncos, he'll get some looks.

UberTag

aaahahahaha cj was a good start it seems!
Big week for Frankman to right his team's ship and get back to a winning record so a big Chris Johnson performance is just what the doctor ordered.

Will be interesting to see if the Colts can get the Trent Truck out of reverse to answer? I doubt they will. They're pretty inept.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Toughest call I had to make all year do I sit PeyPey? KC D scares me but it is Peyton and this is a must win week.

Hour before the game I picked up Walker on the Titans. Score is 25 to 17 cause he had Wright going.

UberTag

Toughest call I had to make all year do I sit PeyPey? KC D scares me but it is Peyton and this is a must win week.
How do you bench Manning when you need a win in fantasy? Under any circumstances? Who exactly would you sit him for?

The only QB you could possibly have that's been playing almost as good the past month and has a cake matchup is Foles.
The Chiefs D have faced a grand total of ONE Top 10 QB that's having a decent season and isn't a backup. Just one. Tony Romo. And he still threw 300 yards on 'em.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
How do you bench Manning when you need a win in fantasy? Under any circumstances? Who exactly would you sit him for?

The only QB you could possibly have that's been playing almost as good the past month and has a cake matchup is Foles.
The Chiefs D have faced a grand total of ONE Top 10 QB that's having a decent season and isn't a backup. Just one. Tony Romo. And he still threw 300 yards on 'em.

I am just really worried he is still hurt. I have a feeling though he is going to have a awesome week which I need.

UberTag

I am just really worried he is still hurt. I have a feeling though he is going to have a awesome week which I need.
Peyton IS still hurt. Don't believe for a second that he's not.
He's been hurt for the past month.

Even a gimpy Manning is better than almost any other fantasy option you could throw out there.

harSon

Banned
Donald Brown came up big for me. I was desperate for a running back after Doug Martin and then Mike James went down for the season, and someone stole Andre Brown, so I took a chance on Donald Brown...

I picked up Delanie Walker and started him over Greg Olsen too, since he hasn't done shit lately. Hopefully Peyton doesn't play this week, or is bothered by his injuries, cause I'm facing him, Welker and Thomas this weekend :(

rando14

Anyone here brave enough to start Harvin this week? He'll surely be limited, but Min pass d is awful and it's against his former team... :p

Anyone here brave enough to start Harvin this week? He'll surely be limited, but Min pass d is awful and it's against his former team... :p
I am in a deep keeper league and im gonna start Him and Vereen.. Otherwise i'm stuck using tashard choice and Santana moss. So i'm gonna gamble. My opponent only got one pt for using shonn greene

Petrie

Banned
Trade question at the last minute before deadline guys. I still ahve:

QB: Stafford, Pryor
WR: Gordon, Welker, Megatron, TY Hilton
RB: Lacy, Stacy, Andre Brown, Vereen, Starks
TE: Cameron, Garrett Graham
K: Crosby, Lindell
D: Carolina, New England

There is a player in my league who is running Trent Richardson and Law Firm at RB who is desperate, and has offered me Andre Johnson straight up for either Andre Brown or Shane Vereen. Given my current roster, would you take that deal? We play 3WR 2 RB and a Flex, so it's likely Gordon would hit my bench, Brown would leave my Flex and I'd insert Johnson into the Flex spot. Do you think keeping the RB depth for a playoff run is more important? Appreciate the help guys. League is .5PPR btw.

Depth is meaningless in the fantasy playoffs. I mean you might have 1 guy on the bench you could sub in in case of injury, but let's be real: If you lose a starter in the playoffs you're almost done. Use any depth to try and upgrade a starting position so you have guys who are matchup-proof.

BTW I'd deal Vereen for Andre 3000 in a second. Seriously, you will not miss him.

Offer has changed. He's willing to deal Johnson for a package of Vereen and either Gordon or Hilton. Would you still make the deal?

Sumidor

Having a hard time trying to decide who to start. Ben Tate or Steven Ridley? PPR league and I REALLLLLLY need to win this week. 4th - 9th place are all tied at 5-5. I'm worried one hit and Tate will be out. But I'm worried vereen will cut into Ridleys carries. So stressful.

Same question every week, who should I start as my 2nd WR? Choices are Golden Tate, Alshon Jeffery, Hakeem Nicks, or Dwayne Bowe? If there's multiple good ones to go with should I use one as my flex over Ben Tate? Also have Ryan Mathews as a possible flex.

Any 11th hour trades pulled off? l just traded Terrance Williams/Chris Ivory for Roddy White 19 minutes before the deadline.

16-team, Standard scoring w/ KR/PR points
QB: Andy Dalton
RB: Reggie Bush, Chris Johnson, Chris Ivory
WR: Pierre Garcon, Cecil Shorts III, Terrance Williams, Michael Crabtree
TE: Tim Wright, John Carlson
K: Kai Forbath
DEF: Texans

Like I said, I view depth as meaningless this late in the season. I know I gave up more but man, Roddy White has insane upside and he played 55 snaps last week and said he felt great.

a) He has little competition in the WR department (Harry Douglas? Drew Davis? Darius Johnson?)
b) Matt Ryan didn't suddenly become terrible himself.
c) Atlanta's running game isn't really good.
d) Very nice fantasy sched past Week 11 (NO, @BUF, @GB, WASH, @SF )

Plus as a former Julio Jones owner it comes full circle.

harSon

Banned
Should I start Keenum versus Oakland, or Stafford versus the Steelers?

I'm currently leaning towards starting Riley Cooper and Fitz versus the Jaguars, but Fitz has been a monumental disappointment and I'm thinking about throwing in Santonio Holmes in his return game against the Bills.

I've already got a 48 point lead between two players, due to my Waiver Wire hustles, picking up Donald Brown and Delanie Walker about an hour before the game - so I have some room to play with.

The fact that I'm still in contention despite the fact that I had Julio Jones, Doug Martin, Reggie Wayne and Mike James on my team, alongside people like MJD and Fitzgerald, is pretty fucking amazing. I've been living and dying by the waiver wire, and my team basically completely morphs from week to week. I'm screwed in the playoffs though if I make it lmao.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I'm stuck with two meh Quarterbacks, and it makes choosing hard....

Palmer against Jacksonville, or Dalton against Cleveland. Dalton's a better QB, but Jacksonville really sucks this year...

Leaning towards Palmer.

gutshot

Pick one for my WR3 spot.

Steve Smith vs. NE
DeAndre Hopkins vs. OAK
Brian Hartline vs. SD

Normally I start Smith, but it looks like Aqib Talib will be back this week and he's been shutdown. And both Hopkins and Hartline have decent match-ups. Need every point I can get this week...

Milchjon

BJGE vs Shane Vereen?

Heath Miller vs Tyler Eifert?

Edit: Haha, just realized that apparently this thread is only about asking, not about answering :-D

RBH

Shane Vereen @ Carolina?

OR

Bobby Rainey vs. Atlanta?

John Carlson @ Seattle

OR

Charles Clay vs. San Diego?

Torrey Smith @ Chicago

OR

DeAndre Hopkins vs. Oakland?

So I'm stuck with two meh Quarterbacks, and it makes choosing hard....

Palmer against Jacksonville, or Dalton against Cleveland. Dalton's a better QB, but Jacksonville really sucks this year...

Leaning towards Palmer.
Normally I'd say Dalton without thinking about it but between the weather situation and the match up against Jacksonville, I think I'd give Palmer a shot today.

Pick one for my WR3 spot.

Steve Smith vs. NE
DeAndre Hopkins vs. OAK
Brian Hartline vs. SD

Normally I start Smith, but it looks like Aqib Talib will be back this week and he's been shutdown. And both Hopkins and Hartline have decent match-ups. Need every point I can get this week...
Even with the favorable match ups for Hopkins/Hartline I still like Steve Smith here.

BJGE vs Shane Vereen?

Heath Miller vs Tyler Eifert?

Edit: Haha, just realized that apparently this thread is only about asking, not about answering :-D

Vereen and Heath Miller imo

Shane Vereen @ Carolina?

OR

Bobby Rainey vs. Atlanta?

John Carlson @ Seattle

OR

Charles Clay vs. San Diego?

Torrey Smith @ Chicago

OR

DeAndre Hopkins vs. Oakland?

Vereen, Clay, Hopkins

Now I have a question. I know this sounds crazy but would you guys consider starting K Allen (@Miami) over Calvin Johnson (@Pittsburgh) today? Calvin missed two days of practice this week as opposed to his usual Wednesday miss and he'll be playing in high winds and rain against a pretty good pass defense.

Also, what do you guys think about starting Andre Brown (GB) over Eddie Lacy (@NYG) this week?

rando14

Harvin or Gordon? Crap weather in Cincy + me being a Hawks homer = I kinda want to start Harvin but I'm still leaning towards Gordon :p

Top Bottom