• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Premier League |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

us81Dsj.png

GorillaJu

holy shit I had a terrible first week considering I left Mahrez on my bench and somehow I'm in 3rd on Gaf? So who here played Courtois and triple captain?

Gastone

I´m glad i didn´t go with Courtois, holy shit. That match was intense. Swansea did some good work. Most of my points should hopefully come today and on monday.

Timbuktu

And here's to everyone thinking Courtois and Cech were sure bets. And there goes my faith for the Saints' defensive reputation too

14 points with one player left to play. This is my worst week ever.

I even did better that week a couple of years ago when every match except two or three were cancelled.

AcridMeat

Banned
Looks like I should have kept Zarate...thank zombie jesus for Coutinho scoring at the end there.

I think I have around 25 points with Sterling left.

flyover

What a horrific first week -- speaking not just for myself, but for the average. Thanks, Obama... I mean Arsenal.

AcridMeat

Banned
Another question, since this is my first time doing this particular fantasy, do player costs change week to week? Are budgets carried over?

Ki getting injured in that Swansea game screwed me because now I want to get a new midfielder, defender and replace De Gea with Adrian (I knew I should have kept Adrian).

Another question, since this is my first time doing this particular fantasy, do player costs change week to week? Are budgets carried over?

Ki getting injured in that Swansea game screwed me because now I want to get a new midfielder, defender and replace De Gea with Adrian (I knew I should have kept Adrian).

Yes, prices fluctuate. Also, if it's like last year, you only get one transfer a week unless you want to take a point hit. I believe that if you don't make a transfer one week, it'll carry over to the next week so you'd have two but don't quote me on that.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yes, prices fluctuate. Also, if it's like last year, you only get one transfer a week unless you want to take a point hit. I believe that if you don't make a transfer one week, it'll carry over to the next week so you'd have two but don't quote me on that.
Cool, so prices would update when? Tuesday?

That transfer carryover would be amazing, if anyone could confirm.

Cool, so prices would update when? Tuesday?

That transfer carryover would be amazing, if anyone could confirm.

I'm not too sure when prices update. Around that time makes sense. I normally wait until the day before the first match of the week gets underway to make a move. Make sure I don't make a move early and find out, end of the week, the replacement got hurt during practice.

AcridMeat

Banned
Transfers carry over for one week but one week only, i.e. the maximum free transfers you can save up is two.
Ahh okay that's perfect then, plan on making changes for week 3 anyway.
I'm not too sure when prices update. Around that time makes sense. I normally wait until the day before the first match of the week gets underway to make a move. Make sure I don't make a move early and find out, end of the week, the replacement got hurt during practice.
That's smart, yeah.

I'm getting way too into this considering how little I know about a lot of the players.

Mr. Sam

I'd be second if I was added to the GAF league now. I thought forty-six points wasn't very good but I'm high up in all my leagues. If Sterling performs well tonight, that's a solid first gameweek.

There'll be no stopping Jermain Defriend.

bjaelke

What's the difference between both leagues?

Regular league is total points over 38 rounds whereas in h2h you're matched against another player's score each week.
Head-to-Head Scoring
In a league with head-to-head scoring, every team plays a match against another team in the league each Gameweek. The match result is based on the Gameweek score of each team minus any transfer points spent preparing for the Gameweek.

3 points are awarded for a win and 1 point for a draw, teams are then ranked on points earned in Head-to-Head matches.

Head-to-Head fixtures are generated at the start of the league's first Gameweek. Once these fixtures have been generated the league is locked and teams will not be able to join or leave.

If a Head-to-Head league has an odd number of teams then an average team will join the league to ensure each team has a fixture every Gameweek. This team will always score the Gameweek average.

In the event of a tie between teams, the team who has most game points will be positioned higher.

Head-to-Head Knock-out stage
Optionally, a Head-to-Head league may end with a knock-out stage over up to 3 Gameweeks with the league winner decided by a match in the final Gameweek. The automatically entered average team will not enter the knock-out stage, their place being taken by the next placed team.

In the event of a tie between teams in a Head-to-Head knock-out match, the following tie-breaks will be used:

Most goals scored in the Gameweek
Fewest goals conceded in the Gameweek
Virtual coin toss

Mr. Sam

People who spent big on Cech and Courtois were foolish to begin with but have been proven to be doubly foolish this week.

Wait, do we miss the bloody first game week because we joined the league late? Surely if my team scored points I should still get those points! Gah!

Either way, 36 would of put me like 6th too, damn it. I'm 1/3 in my other leagues :D

Stulaw

I'm 3rd with 44 points although that will be 51 after subs are made, I should have had Cabaye as captain really instead of Hazard. Payet, Cresswell, Romero, Cabaye and Clyne (after sub) are my best players this week, worst being Fonte out of the ones that got game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom