• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Premier League |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sam

My decision to transfer out Darmian and Yaya Toure before the deadline has cost me dearly, though Joe Gomez - brought in partly because he's ex-Charlton Athletic, mostly because he was a cheap, young, pacey defender who would play - was a wise acquisition.

All in all, solid week. Something to build on.

Yeah definitely using wildcard for next week. Get some cheap playing defenders in, find some threatening midfielders. Rooney looked shocking this week, not again as captain till he hits forms and Memphis is too unknown at moment. Would have been miles happier if he buried that chance tonight.

fml 128th

xQVO0NG.png

Can someone explain wildcards and stuff to me.

You get two Wildcards a season. The second one will come in January so make sure you use the first one before then. Once you use it, you can make unlimited transfers during that week. The three chips above your team can each be used once per season. As person above said, try to save them for double gameweeks.

Nodnol

Just joined.

Having an absolute mare so far. Need to sit on my hands though, resist the wildcard till after the international break and just do one in one out. I've won my usual private leagues for the past few years, so this has been a proper rest of my patience!

I've got a lot of money tied up in Ivanovic, Fabregas and Rooney, and I'm not sure where to start. I think I'll swap Ivanovic for Kompany, save some of the money left over for Aguero at some point. Fabregas will come good eventually, but Rooney looked well off the mark Friday.

Decisions, decisions.

Will the league not be taking into account the Liverpool Bournemouth match tonight?

Yes it will, the league updates each day. They can't add the points yet because the match hasn't been played yet.The Head-to-Head leagues will only take into account when all the matches in the gameweek have taken place.

Lucifelle

Banned
Yes it will, the league updates each day. They can't add the points yet because the match hasn't been played yet.The Head-to-Head leagues will only take into account when all the matches in the gameweek have taken place.

It was more because my Benteke icon didn't display Bournemouth underneath but instead next weeks opponents, so I was confused.

Just a heads up for everyone else. You really should wait for a week when your captain has two matches before using your triple points bonus.

Yeah that's a good I idea if you can guarantee the captain is going to perform in two games in a few days.

You just gotta predict who is gonna have a good week and go for it, Benteke got me 27 points of a total of 57 he single-handedly picked my team up from mediocrity to above average.

AcridMeat

Banned
Damn I thought I did well with a 51 pt week with no bonuses applied and I went down two from 23 to 25.

edit: Nvm I'm tied with 23rd, just lists me at 25 for some reason. I'm actually pretty happy I'm still up there.

AcridMeat

Banned
I couldn't stand looking at the 2 players I had taking up cap space who won't ever play. Plus I had Janmaat what the fuck was I thinking?!

Now debating whether or not I want Lukaku or Coutinho starting.

Howard > De Gea
Kompany > O'Shea
Clyne > Janmaat
Redmond > Schneiderlin
Mata > Sterling
Lukaku > Kane (Might actually swap this back and replace Pelle or Benteke with someone)

Nodnol

Post your team

image.jpg

Couple of things:

Subbed in Lukaku this week, swapping out Rooney.

Currently have 2.9 million spare cash.

Made the same mistake half the country made; assumed Chelsea would start strong. Assumed Kane would hit the ground running, along with Rooney, because they're the only real strikers at their respective clubs.

And I also acknowledge my bench is awful/as cheap as possible. Never really take into account subs, unless aboalutely necessary.

I normally dominate my friend's groups, and I know it's not exactly a proper mess, but I KNOW with a wildcard I can restructure with players that will likely be scoring more points. One in one out a week won't be too bad, but I may miss out on too many points by then.

Nodnol

Apart from Kane, Fabregas and Ivanovic it doesn't look that bad. It depends whether you can last until December without any major changes. Ive already used mine as i had a load of stinkers getting 1 or 2 points.

Those are the three that are bothering me.

Kompany for Ivanovic, Aguero for Kane and either Coutinho or Depay for Fabregas (I might bring them both in, as well as swapping Sterling for Silva).

Nodnol

I guess if you used it now you could bring in some better subs. One thing I've noticed is, its much better to save around 5Mill in the bank so you can swap in a decent player every other week.

Well, I've played it.

Only issue I think, is a few too many eggs in too few baskets.

Three Man City players, three Liverpool players and two Everton players.

Very tempted to remove Aguero for Gomis for better value.

Well, I've played it.

Only issue I think, is a few too many eggs in too few baskets.

Three Man City players, three Liverpool players and two Everton players.

Very tempted to remove Aguero for Gomis for better value.

Aguero is gonna be top scorer this season, Gomis is a good striker by all means grab him as a second option but don't swap them.

Nodnol

Aguero is gonna be top scorer this season, Gomis is a good striker by all means grab him as a second option but don't swap them.

Currently rocking Benteke, Aguero and Lukaku, so I think I'm good now. I was impressed with Benteke on Monday; he was far busy than I expected him to be, I was unlucky not to get two. Think he'll be a success at Liverpool. Lukaku is a funny one, because he has purple patches and the goes quiet. Always one to keep an eye on, form wise.

With playing the Wild Card, I'll probably reshuffle things about, maybe diversify the squad with a few more teams. VERY tempted to bring Memphis in after last night's performance, but United aren't looking exactly hot at the moment.

As unpredictable as the season has been, my God if it isn't good to have football back. I know I'll catch up on the smaller of private league I'm in, but the big ones are the challenge. I'd never normally play my Wild Card this early, but as I said above, my predictions were spectacularly wrong.

It'll be interesting to see what big deals go through in the next few weeks, because that always makes this interesting. Pedro, De Bruyne, whoever Arsenal or United can sign up front etc. The only problem is, with how the game has developed in this country, and with the ever competitive nature of the league, the strength and depth of squads is always expanding, and that makes it hard to anticipate nailed in starters for a few teams.

I'm glad I came across this thread. It's like therapy, because we all know how important fantasy football is.

Addi

I'm weak, used my wild card already... Hope I'll do much better this round :)
Got for instance rid of Hazard and got Aguero. Hazard has been bad lately, but if I remember correctly from last year, he never got huge points in one game, more steady decent numbers that added up to a lot in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom