• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

DrPizza

Banned
Just finished the game.

Spoilers

i decided to kill sabal, let Amita control the Golden Path. After that happened the story took a dive. I actually enjoy the story up to the last few mission. Also in my ending pagan said that Mohan killed ajay's half sister, they didn't even explain how she came to be and how ashwari and pagan got together. In the end I let pagan live because I truly saw no point in killing him, I do wonder where the fuck he went.

My GOTY 2014 for sure.
Mohan sent Ashwari to go undercover and get close to Pagan Min. They ended up falling in love. Lakshmana was the result. Mohan killed the girl, Ashwari killed Mohan, and then fled to the US.

Killing the girl broke Pagan's heart and changed him permanently.

Gray Matter

To anyone who got the platinum, is the fully loads glitched?

I learned all the skills, except for the ones on the elephant side that you keep on learning up to 10 times. Do I have to reach the 10 tier for all 4 skills?

Just finished the game.

Spoilers

i decided to kill sabal, let Amita control the Golden Path. After that happened the story took a dive. I actually enjoy the story up to the last few mission. Also in my ending pagan said that Mohan killed ajay's half sister, they didn't even explain how she came to be and how ashwari and pagan got together. In the end I let pagan live because I truly saw no point in killing him, I do wonder where the fuck he went.

My GOTY 2014 for sure.

Read mohan's diaries.

Gray Matter

Mohan sent Ashwari to go undercover and get close to Pagan Min. They ended up falling in love. Lakshmana was the result. Mohan killed the girl, Ashwari killed Mohan, and then fled to the US.

Killing the girl broke Pagan's heart and changed him permanently.

Read mohan's diaries.

I already knew that from, I just mentioned that because I found it strange that the game wouldn't explicitly say that besides that one
willis
mission where he said it casually like it didn't matter.

Also my game must be have a bug or something. I learned all the skills and freed all the bell towers and didn't get both trophies.

DrPizza

Banned

I learned all the skills, except for the ones on the elephant side that you keep on learning up to 10 times. Do I have to reach the 10 tier for all 4 skills?
Probably. The PC achievement needs those to be maxed out.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone have a tip or trick to liberating an outpost undetected? I'm at the end of the game so the remaining outposts are tougher. I heard someone mention something about the grenade launcher but not sure how that's done. Any pointers would be appreciated. :)

vypek

You haven't learned those syringe skills until you max them out at 10. Thats why they are not highlighted until then. They only finish lighting up after you learn them 10 times over.

Anyone have a tip or trick to liberating an outpost undetected? I'm at the end of the game so the remaining outposts are tougher. I heard someone mention something about the grenade launcher but not sure how that's done. Any pointers would be appreciated. :)

Z93 sniper rifle and a good vantage point. Stay crouched and pick people off. Mark as many people as you can with binoculars. Pick many people off and throw meat into the camp to lure animals to do some dirty work for you (meat wont work if a guard dog is in the camp).

lordxar

Z93 with a silencer and a perch with a view :)

vypek

I already knew that from, I just mentioned that because I found it strange that the game wouldn't explicitly say that besides that one
willis
mission where he said it casually like it didn't matter.

Also my game must be have a bug or something. I learned all the skills and freed all the bell towers and didn't get both trophies.

Oh yeah, only one trophy for the radio towers and that is when you do 8 of them. Im pretty sure there is no trophy for doing all the towers.

Corpekata

Banned
When you say stuttering, I've been seeing the game run absolutely fantastic, everything on Ultra on my 970. However just randomly the game will stop like a load is happening for a second. Is that the stutter? I was thinking it was just my processor being a bottleneck, i5-2300, or running the game off an external, would be a great relief to hear it's just a problem with the game.

The FPS will generally drop to 40ish and sort of hiccup, and yes it is likely because it is loading stuff, it happens far more often when driving (since it needs to load stuff more often).

If it only happens once in a while you're lucky. I can't drive anywhere without it constantly happening. So yes, it's an issue with the game.

Z93 sniper rifle and a good vantage point. Stay crouched and pick people off. Mark as many people as you can with binoculars. Pick many people off and throw meat into the camp to lure animals to do some dirty work for you (meat wont work if a guard dog is in the camp).

Don't use the binoculars in advanced outposts. You'll be unable to see quite a few enemies from your vantage point.

Just pop a hunting potion. Everything will be insta-tagged.

The FPS will generally drop to 40ish and sort of hiccup, and yes it is likely because it is loading stuff, it happens far more often when driving (since it needs to load stuff more often).

If it only happens once in a while you're lucky. I can't drive anywhere without it constantly happening. So yes, it's an issue with the game.

Yup that's exactly it. Hope they fix it soon.

Golgo 13

Just cleared my second outpost undetected immediately learned the Soft Landing and Non-Stop skills and I got a message in the upper left about "Deal double damage PERMANENTLY" or something to that effect.

I wasn't paying close attention at the time -- anyone know what that was referring to?

vypek

Just cleared my second outpost undetected immediately learned the Soft Landing and Non-Stop skills and I got a message in the upper left about "Deal double damage PERMANENTLY" or something to that effect.

I wasn't paying close attention at the time -- anyone know what that was referring to?

Im hoping someone can clear this up to. I got this around the time I went to North Kyrat I think. I didn't realize that it was a part of a game to deal double damage. I don't remember it in FC3 but I suspect they did it in this one to manage the 2nd half more easily.

Is permanent double damage related to unlocking a certain amount of skills or completion of the game?

Skyzard

Banned

In the farcry 4 settings file (my documents), change:

DisableLoadingMip0="0"
to
DisableLoadingMip0="1"

fixes stuttering, locks textures to medium. Looks great for me, no stuttering, but I'm at 2560x1440 res.
http://a.pomf.se/vebzuz.webm
There's a PC performance thread as usual, been mentioned quite a few times there.

Hugstable

Banned
Woo got my Platinum trophy today finally! On my last percent also for 100% completion! Can't believe I'm actually going to 100% this game, which isn't even needed for Plat. If you had asked me a month ago about this game, I woulda laughed and said I hated open world stuff, but my god I feel in love with this game. I'm so glad I gave it a chance after wanting something to finally play on my PS4, and FC4 was just the perfect experience.

When you say stuttering, I've been seeing the game run absolutely fantastic, everything on Ultra on my 970. However just randomly the game will stop like a load is happening for a second. Is that the stutter? I was thinking it was just my processor being a bottleneck, i5-2300, or running the game off an external, would be a great relief to hear it's just a problem with the game.

That's it exactly. It's a problem with the game. There are a couple of things you can do to minimize it (see the FC4 PC thread).

Golgo 13

Finished the game and got what I'm assuming are one of the many endings. Is there a way to see the others? Seems like I may be shit out of luck since the game has a single save file :(

Gray Matter

I need one more trophy for the platinum and it's the dumb where I have to distract 15 enemies with rocks. I'm sure I've done 15 already.

Edit: got the platinum right after posting this lol

Just got the game and played the prologue then got to the village

Impressions:

Controls nice
Fun
Looks very pretty

9/10

Also I just sold everything in my loot bag except for crafting stuff. Is there any point in keeping the rest?

Gray Matter

Just got the game and played the prologue then got to the village

Impressions:

Controls nice
Fun
Looks very pretty

9/10

Also I just sold everything in my loot bag except for crafting stuff. Is there any point in keeping the rest?

Not really, just keep all the things to craft, that's all you need.

cheezcake

Just finished the main story

Man I knew both Sabal and Amita were cunts, I ended up choosing Sabals path and sparing Amita. I looked at both endings and jesus christ they're both so dark. Not to mention the Lakshmana stuff =(

anyone with a key for the "demo" to spare? I downloaded it thinking it was a demo only to find, you know; its not - I get 2 houra with it only via someone with a key :(

saunderez

anyone with a key for the "demo" to spare? I downloaded it thinking it was a demo only to find, you know; its not - I get 2 houra with it only via someone with a key :(
What platform? I haven't used any of my keys on PS4, I don't know how it works but you're welcome to one when I figure it out.

AmyS

Okay so I just downloaded the demo for PS4, not knowing I would need a key. If anyone has one they can spare, PM me. I just wanna try some SP campaign if I can.

Just finished the main story

Man I knew both Sabal and Amita were cunts, I ended up choosing Sabals path and sparing Amita. I looked at both endings and jesus christ they're both so dark. Not to mention the Lakshmana stuff =(

If you go back to that island with the temple, there's another messed up cutscene and you can get revenge on Sabal if you feel inclined. Unless you already did haha

SJRB

Gold Member
What is it with Ubisoft and having completely insufferable characters? Yogi n Reggie!? Jesus Christ.

can't skip cutscenes either :x

I can see why they're in the game, comic relief and introducing new syringes via their drug use and all, but I'm not a fan either. I don't understand why Ajay doesn't just throw them off the cliff after their first "experiment".

Other than that I think this game has a solid cast. I wish some would be fleshed out a bit more, especially Noore. All her backstory and character development comes from diaries you accidentally stumble upon.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I can see why they're in the game, comic relief and introducing new syringes via their drug use and all, but I'm not a fan either. I don't understand why Ajay doesn't just throw them off the cliff after their first "experiment".

Other than that I think this game has a solid cast. I wish some would be fleshed out a bit more, especially Noore. All her backstory and character development comes from diaries you accidentally stumble upon.

Fuck that I would have shot those 2 in the face the moment I opened the door and saw them sitting there.

Really wish devs would give the option to off idiotic characters like that and only downside is you dont get to see them any more or do their stupid quests. Which is the whole point why I put a dime sized hole in their face in the first place.

Randam

Sigh... That's dumb.

how far into the game are you?
I just arrived at the north and have 32 skill points left, but only 4 skills not unlocked yet.

and about the "Deal double damage PERMANENTLY": isn't that just some onfo for one of the syringes?

In the farcry 4 settings file (my documents), change:

DisableLoadingMip0="0"
to
DisableLoadingMip0="1"

fixes stuttering, locks textures to medium. Looks great for me, no stuttering, but I'm at 2560x1440 res.
http://a.pomf.se/vebzuz.webm
There's a PC performance thread as usual, been mentioned quite a few times there.

I'm on ultra and mine doesn't look like that.
is it the video, that makes it look better?

btw.: how do you hide the hud and your weapons?

Blu10

Go to yumma's fort (the on the left built into the cliff). Swim across to the dock and go up the path. Look to the right and shoot the sniper, then continue ahead to the cave. Mark both knife guys and the heavy, and go back the way you came in. Climb higher and drop down on the path on the other side. Shoot the guy patrolling on the ground and peek around the corner and get the guy by the mortar. Go to the ground floor and go up the stairs to the heavy you marked earlier. Wait for him to walk by and do a takedown. That only leaves the two knife guys from earlier...i used throwing knives on them.

shermas

Can't even play this thing on Xbox 1.. stuck in a NOTIFICATION screen every time I try to play... "your connection to the servers has been lost. You will be returned to the main menu." Spinning circle.... etc, etc.

Anyone else having this issue???

yeh it's probably just coz I'm doing there missions atm. Only met Noore once or twice.

the radio Dj is a twat too.

slop101

Banned
I'm really digging this game, more than FC3, heck more than most first person shooters.

There's been more than a few moments of non-scripted awesomeness, that I pulled off completely unintentionally, that were WAY cooler than the scripted moments in, say, a Call of Duty game.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm on ultra and mine doesn't look like that.
is it the video, that makes it look better?

btw.: how do you hide the hud and your weapons?

You mean the sharpness of the image? That's likely due to the original 2560x1440 resolution I'm playing at.
Otherwise perhaps the Nvidia settings for Godrays?

Things in the distance are blurred out as I was using a camera so I can zoom in on stuff while the NPCs drove me about (they were nice enough to stop for me too - more than I can say for previous rockstar games, not sure about 5). There is a button you can press while using the camera to hide interface fully.

Top Bottom