• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Randam

Tried pagan's fortress.
Took it without being detected and without weakening it before.

Shooting people through wooden walls or gates is awesome.

Laekon

Has anyone used the top signature sniper rifle? It's listed damage and accuracy is greater than the Z93 but it doesn't have a silencer.

Skyzard

Banned
Is there a way to change your equipped weapons without going back to that cabinet where you buy and customize?

I don't think so, other than if you find the weapon on a body or laying about somewhere.

There's no weapon delivery system :) That would be cool though. Especially by chopper.

Strider

Thank you Buzzer... For making bell towers easy. First thing I did after unlocking the north was fly to all the towers. Now to test out the Buzzsaw...

shiba5

Has anyone used the top signature sniper rifle? It's listed damage and accuracy is greater than the Z93 but it doesn't have a silencer.

The AMR? It can take out anything and has an awesome scope, but it also causes all the enemies to swarm you - get up high where they can't reach you and have fun.

Arion

For some reason I can't find any more of the Longinus missions. After i unlocked the north a message said more Longinus missions were available but for some reason they are not on the map.

Jackpot

Banned
Zastava this and Zastava that, but this is the god-killer:

800px-FC4-GM6-2.jpg

you need dlc and or the season pass for that weapon, don't you?

I don't think that's a DLC weapon. You can just Google "SA-50 Far Cry 4" and find out how to get it. I think it's one of the weapons that's in the game but not in your weapon list until you equip it.

I feel like I missed an on-screen prompt for this....but how do I get fire/explosive arrows?

You get some in the mission where you clear out the wolves den in the beginning of the game. After that you need to unlock the "Trade Agreement" skill in the skill tree (Elephant) to buy them freely. When you do have them you bring up the weapon wheel and you'll see the icons for them in the bottom right corner of the screen. To go back to normal arrows you press the button it says on screen when the bow is equipped.

You get some in the mission where you clear out the wolves den in the beginning of the game. After that you need to unlock the "Trade Agreement" skill in the skill tree (Elephant) to buy them freely. When you do have them you bring up the weapon wheel and you'll see the icons for them in the bottom right corner of the screen. To go back to normal arrows you press the button it says on screen when the bow is equipped.

Thanks!

I definitely missed that part at the wolves den mission. Guess I couldn't figure out how to select them, so I just kicked the support down with melee.

Thanks!

I definitely missed that part at the wolves den mission. Guess I couldn't figure out how to select them.

I think they were in the very back of the den. I picked them up then the objective said to destroy the den so I just used one of the explosive arrows. I figured they were required to pick up but I guess they aren't.

How do I equip mines? I own them but I don't know how to equip them - or do I just need a larger explosive bag? My apologies if this is a stupid question. I have a feeling it's something really simple and I'm just missing it.

Randam

I don't think that's a DLC weapon. You can just Google "SA-50 Far Cry 4" and find out how to get it. I think it's one of the weapons that's in the game but not in your weapon list until you equip it.

yeah, got the weapon now.
was on exactly that mission, when I made the post.

vypek

For someone who has never played a game in this series and only wants to play one, which is better - Far Cry 3 or Far Cry 4?

I personally found the main character far more likeable in FC4 and I thought the setting was better as well. The supplemental characters aren't great in either and the games feel very similar to me but I think FC4 is done better.

For someone who has never played a game in this series and only wants to play one, which is better - Far Cry 3 or Far Cry 4?

Having played fc3, then finished 4, then gone back to 3, aside from beach environments, there is not a single thing that FC3 does that FC4 doesn't do better.

The game is 3 with all the rough edges removed. health potions are autocrafted as needed, redundant potions were combined, ui was improved, and there are several other QoL improvements, like having killed animals show on your minimap or the autodrive function on roads. On top of that, you got a helicopter, a bigger map with far more diverse outposts, and the grappling hook, which adds verticality.

I'd also completely forgotten that you can't do drive-bys in fc3. Huh.

FC3 does have the advantage of allowing you to unlock chain takedowns and quick crawl faaaar sooner tho, but that's about it.

Ahahahahahahhahahahah fuck off

I somehow putzed around in this game for like 30 hours before encountering
a snake
. I'm not ashamed to say I screamed.

I just encountered the
Hunter enemy
for the first time. Man fuck those guys I died like 4 time trying to get through the mission.

I have a friend trying to join me with a Kyrat key I sent him, it says he has 2 hours, he selects join co-op game and it says "Feature is not available".

Any idea why?

Applebite

Well, it looks like my game broke (I'm on PC). Spoiler for semi-late game (21 missions in, I think).
I was at that part where Willis throws you out of the plane and you get knocked out by a bad guy, and then the game just turned black. I could hear myself moving around when fidgeting with the controls, but there wasn't really anything to do. Anyway, I just figured it was one of the many bugs, so I turned it off and returned later. When I returned, my character woke up in a bed, I walked outside and I no longer had a HUD. There are no story quests on my map and the game thinks I'm still in a story mission since I can't invite people to my game.

So, uh.. I can still play co-op with my buddy if I join his game, but there's no singleplayer for me. I don't particularly like the singleplayer anyway so it hasn't RUINED anything for me, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Corpekata

Banned
How does co-op work anyway? If I take over an outpost when I join someone else's game is it taken over for me too when I go back or is it just meant for shits and giggles?

SJRB

Gold Member
I just encountered the
Hunter enemy
for the first time. Man fuck those guys I died like 4 time trying to get through the mission.

Yeah that mission is brutal, they're pretty OP. Still trying to figure out if there's an "easy" counter to their wallhacking cheats. Worst addition to the enemy archetypes by far, not fun whatsoever.

Yeah that mission is brutal, they're pretty OP. Still trying to figure out if there's an "easy" counter to their wallhacking cheats. Worst addition to the enemy archetypes by far, not fun whatsoever.

Yeah basically it was pick off the ones that are unaware of you, then you might as well get your assault weapon, cause there is no way to get out of that mission without using bullets.

I have to ask is there a lot more missions like that? Or is it just a here or there type of mission. Am I going to encounter these guys a lot because they are not fun

Corpekata

Banned
The hunters aren't nearly as numerous outside that mission. Usually just a couple, meant to be prioritized before unleashing animals in an outpost.

Both Sabal and Amits are insufferable.

I love Sabal.

See. I absolutely love what they did with these characters, usually women in games are more about peace and men are the ones who want to blow shit up. In this it's the other way around and I really like that!

vypek

Well, it looks like my game broke (I'm on PC). Spoiler for semi-late game (21 missions in, I think).
I was at that part where Willis throws you out of the plane and you get knocked out by a bad guy, and then the game just turned black. I could hear myself moving around when fidgeting with the controls, but there wasn't really anything to do. Anyway, I just figured it was one of the many bugs, so I turned it off and returned later. When I returned, my character woke up in a bed, I walked outside and I no longer had a HUD. There are no story quests on my map and the game thinks I'm still in a story mission since I can't invite people to my game.

So, uh.. I can still play co-op with my buddy if I join his game, but there's no singleplayer for me. I don't particularly like the singleplayer anyway so it hasn't RUINED anything for me, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

If you get in the start menu can you quit mission or restart checkpoint? Based on the part of the progress you mentioned ...
are you in the prison right now? I can't exactly remember a point where the character wakes up from bed but I feel there are parts where there is no HUD. Not sure though

I have to ask is there a lot more missions like that? Or is it just a here or there type of mission. Am I going to encounter these guys a lot because they are not fun

Literally the only mission like that.

You'll run into them in outposts every so often.

Obviously, they should always die first.

Then you might as well throw a piece of meat at the outpost or bust whatever cages there are, since hunters are pretty much always close to dangerous animals.

Finish the Golden Path missions / story earlier today
I picked Sabal, but didn't kill Amita. Also I spared Pagan Min's life shame he didn't get more screen time.

Buzzsaw ( MG42) and D2 (sawed off shotgun) are fucking insane.

Also using the MP34 , Mark IV , M-712 and the 42 made me want FC5 or similar game to be set in Nazi occupied city or set within oraround that era (30s - 50s)

Joco

How does co-op work anyway? If I take over an outpost when I join someone else's game is it taken over for me too when I go back or is it just meant for shits and giggles?

You gain XP and money helping someone else in co-op, however completing missions and liberating outposts in someone else's game won't count towards your own game's progress.

Top Bottom