• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
When do you get the ability to make fire and explosive arrows?

you dont make them you buy them from the shop. you need to purchase the skill to unlock it.

when it is unlocked you need to manually buy them also as refilling ammo doesnt fill those 2 automatically for whatever reason.

DrPizza

Banned
you dont make them you buy them from the shop. you need to purchase the skill to unlock it.

when it is unlocked you need to manually buy them also as refilling ammo doesnt fill those 2 automatically for whatever reason.

Refilling ammo only buys ammo for the weapons you have equipped. If none of your weapons are arrow weapons, it won't buy the relevant arrows.

But if you do have a bow, it should buy them. It did for me.

Real bummer that they absolutely botched weapon balancing. There are a handful of the clearly best weapons. For some dumb fuck reason the bushmaster and whatever its non signature counterpart is called, are by far the best weapons. Highest damage, accuracy and firerare. What the fuck? The AK used to do more damage with less accuracy and the semi auto rifle was super high accuracy and damage but low fire rate. Now, one gun does it all and much better. It is so stupid. 90% of the guns are worthless because the stats are so poorly balanced. This baffles me. I always love the semi auto rifles in games, but they made them garbage in FC4. Yeah, get the Bushmaster and never look back.

vypek

Real bummer that they absolutely botched weapon balancing. There are a handful of the clearly best weapons. For some dumb fuck reason the bushmaster and whatever its non signature counterpart is called, are by far the best weapons. Highest damage, accuracy and firerare. What the fuck? The AK used to do more damage with less accuracy and the semi auto rifle was super high accuracy and damage but low fire rate. Now, one gun does it all and much better. It is so stupid. 90% of the guns are worthless because the stats are so poorly balanced. This baffles me. I always love the semi auto rifles in games, but they made them garbage in FC4. Yeah, get the Bushmaster and never look back.

I feel like the bushmaster was incredible in FC3 as well. I felt like the weapons were clearly made to be better than others in the last game. Also, I think they are like that because when you get to the second half, you're probably going to have more trouble if you stick with the same weapon set you started with. Progress in the game, get the more elite weapons

I feel like the bushmaster was incredible in FC3 as well. I felt like the weapons were clearly made to be better than others in the last game. Also, I think they are like that because when you get to the second half, you're probably going to have more trouble if you stick with the same weapon set you started with. Progress in the game, get the more elite weapons

The signature semi auto rifle should def have higher damage and accuracy than a .223 full auto bushmaster. 7.62mm > kinetic energy than .223 all day everyday. It is why it is standard in all FPS games that you get more "damage" with an AK over an M16/M4 etc. FC4 is just making arbitrary garbage with the gun stats and as a result a lot of the guns are super under powered with a few being OP.

It's like the free pre-order DLC elephant gun trivializing hunting

Hopefully FC5 isn't a copy paste of a prior game since FC4 is the first FC to do so. I would like to think its a way to release a game quicker while building a next generation only far cry that can be carefully designed. But who knows, perhaps they just want to keep costs low and release incremental improvements only

Sushi Nao

Hi guys, I've just finished making my map, and I'm really, really proud of it. Spent about 50 hours since release crafting and fine-tuning. I'd absolutely love it if PS4 Far Cry gaf could take a look at it, cause I made it with you guys in mind.

It's an Assault map called Mhm. "Archaeology". The player's plane crashes on a snowy, mountainous island, and they must explore past bizarre rituals, crazed soldiers, and mysterious structures to find the source of the evil possessing the island.

I really busted my ass to make this something special :) thanks for giving it a look <3

vypek

The signature semi auto rifle should def have higher damage and accuracy than a .223 full auto bushmaster. 7.62mm > kinetic energy than .223 all day everyday. It is why it is standard in all FPS games that you get more "damage" with an AK over an M16/M4 etc. FC4 is just making arbitrary garbage with the gun stats and as a result a lot of the guns are super under powered with a few being OP.

Yeah, thats true. I didn't really think much on it before.

Xion385

Bruh,
I wanted to kill Amita and Sabal so bad. They were both bad for the Kyrat. I wish I wasn't so trigger happy during the ending though. I killed the wrong guy.

Question: I think missed the reason, but why did both Golden Path assholes wanted to kill Noore?

Edit: My bad with the spoilers.

Skyzard

Banned
I'll be checking out multiplayer and the custom maps when I'm done.

Are the community maps cross-platform? Will look for your map on PC next time I fire it up, Sushi Nao.

My bad. Edited

iirc they mentioned she has to pay for all the families she killed trying to save her own.

I guess she was kidnapping other people for the arena? I'm not 100% myself though. She does have her own fortress.

Skyzard

Banned
How many hours did you lot end up with?

I think I'm going to hit like 35ish hours by the time I'm done.

I'm like half-way through the campaign and at 24hours atm.

There was this bell tower...just after getting the north, near the bridge... there is no way to get up there! I looked all over it so many times. Even tried the heli. One section just doesn't have anything!
Bell at the bottom, beehive...

qNcb4vb.jpg

Gray Matter

There was this bell tower...just after getting the north, near the bridge... there is no way to get up there! I looked all over it so many times. Even tried the heli. One section just doesn't have anything!

Same as you, 35 hours in. I probably won't reach 40.

Skyzard

Banned
^ Yeah, same..not sure I'll go back for 3 anymore, shame.

Same as you, 35 hours in. I probably won't reach 40.

Not a bad total imo, sure it's open world but it's a shooter, mostly singleplayer and fun. Lot of value in this.

I usually don't put in so many hours so quickly with any game either. Skipped both AC:U which I was loving and DA:I just to jump in this. Lots of fun.

Strider

Finished the game tonight and got the platinum. Loved it just like FC3.

Not sure if I'm gonna get the DLC/season pass just yet. I'll wait for impressions when the content actually releases. If they release a standalone like Blood Dragon 2 or something I'll definitely get that though.

Gray Matter

Finished the game tonight and got the platinum. Loved it just like FC3.

Not sure if I'm gonna get the DLC/season pass just yet. I'll wait for impressions when the content actually releases. If they release a standalone like Blood Dragon 2 or something I'll definitely get that though.

Standalone DLC is always a good idea. I'd jump on that.

Evo X

Man, being able to speak and understand the Kyrati language adds a whole another layer of immersiveness to the game!

Some of the enemy banter and radio personality quips are hilarious.

Anyone else here in my shoes?

Gray Matter

Man, being able to speak and understand the Kyrati language adds a whole another layer of immersiveness to the game!

Dumb question, but what language is that?

BeeDog

LOL.

Story spoilers for Swe-GAF:

Someone had fun in translating the game (if you have subtitles enabled). In the mission where you kidnap De Pleur and hand him over to the Golden Path, some random character throws a rock at him, which drives him mad. The translation quotes the famous 'Skogsturken', though it doesn't fully sync with what the voice actor says:

'Vem vare som kasta?! Säg vem det fucking var!?'

/dead

I just got to the first mission that introduces the hunters...frustration overload. Fuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkkk!!!!!
Yeah, I once freed a tiger in an enemy base thinking he would help kill some of them. Instead he walked right past them and came straight towards me. At first I was confused but then I noticed they had like two hunters. Their snipers with that bow.

So are there just as many loot containers to open in this game as FC3? I felt FC3 had far too many.
Yes and your inventory will fill up just as fast to. Is it me or does this game have less inventory space then the last?

Well that certanly fits with the arrogant american Ajay are accused to be in the beginning of the game.

Haha can't stand the dialog in this one. It's just hour after hour of people asking you to do a bunch of menial tasks and occasionally telling you to murder a bunch of people. I'd rather listen to Comedy Bang Bang.

I also can't stand the video game-y way they set it in a fictional place that is exactly like a real place. No artistic integrity at all.

Yes and your inventory will fill up just as fast to. Is it me or does this game have less inventory space then the last?
The non-upgraded loot bag is a joke. I actually had to discard cheap stuff mid-mission! After the first upgrade, though, I never had to worry about managing again. Now, if you are filling up that lvl4 bag, you really need to go sell more often.

Just downloaded this game on PS4 and it tells me I have need to update it but I can't seem to force an update or anything like that, is there something obvious that I'm missing here?

I heard at least three familiar terms.

Pretty sure I heard Benchote and Chodia (surely I am spelling them wrong)...but I do recall a few of my Indian customers lobbing those kind words at me from time to time. in jest, of course (well, I hope it was)

Also, Namaste'! We have a Nepalese restaurant in town I go to at least once a month, and they use the word liberally in their ads/menus and such.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

same here, posted about it a week or so ago in the topic (here) and (here).. its hindi though, not kiryati :p

the devs kinda messed up there, more locals should be speaking nipali, not hindi. The dilect is almost punjabi in how they deliver the "penchod" :p

as a native punjabi .. its fucking glorious to hear it in the game :p

Blu10

near by there is a well... Check it out.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

There is a way. I jst freed the tower

Randam

Damn, the Shangri-la missions are annoying.
Arrows and fire from everywhere and healing takes long as hell.

And how I would have liked to kill yogi and Reggie.
But seemed like Ajay liked going to them and getting some weird stuff injected.

Applebite

If you get in the start menu can you quit mission or restart checkpoint? Based on the part of the progress you mentioned ...
are you in the prison right now? I can't exactly remember a point where the character wakes up from bed but I feel there are parts where there is no HUD. Not sure though
I think that's where I'm supposed to be, but the game bugged out and spawned me in a safe house. If I restart, I just respawn in the safehouse bed again, no weapons equipped, no HUD.

Top Bottom