• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Season 2 - a new true crime chapter takes us to 1979 Sioux Falls - Mon on FX

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
If FX has kept The Americans going for as long as they have, i would be pretty surprised if they canceled Fargo.

And add me to the list that really liked season 1, but thinks season 2 is even better. The casting, the writing, the atmosphere, the tension, really good stuff.

Dunst, Bokeem, Donovan, Wilson are all killing it.

Would listen to the Mike Milligan and the Kitchen Brothers LP.

That's true. Nobody watches The Americans, but it gets widespread critical acclaim. Heck, the show doesn't even get award recognition but it's still going. Plus, The Americans must have a $1 Million+ wig room budget haha

Bokeem Woodbine is really really good on this show.

I loved the standoffs this episode.

And two other things too.

First the line, "It's not like your just gonna drive home...and start supper."
And after the daughter is slapped he hits her foot or backside when closing the case door.

Really good moments are peppered throughout.

Lunar FC

Bokeem Woodbine is really really good on this show.

I loved the standoffs this episode.

And two other things too.

First the line, "It's not like your just gonna drive home...and start supper."
And after the daughter is slapped he hits her foot or backside when closing the case door.

Really good moments are peppered throughout.

Heh ye, that probably hurt if he slammed the door on her ankle.

rewatching Season 1 with my wife, while I watch Season 2 and there are some additional nuanced connections. For example, the cop Lou meets in the Fargo courthouse is Ben Schmidt, who is Gus' lieutenant in Season 1 (obviously, played by a much older actor).

I'm also thinking the trucking company that's discussed is what becomes Sam Hess' trucking company later on.

chris121580

rewatching Season 1 with my wife, while I watch Season 2 and there are some additional nuanced connections. For example, the cop Lou meets in the Fargo courthouse is Ben Schmidt, who is Gus' lieutenant in Season 1 (obviously, played by a much older actor).

I'm also thinking the trucking company that's discussed is what becomes Sam Hess' trucking company later on.

What blew my mind is that the guy playing Schmidt this season is Todd from Wedding Crashers

What blew my mind is that the guy playing Schmidt this season is Todd from Wedding Crashers
Whoa.
et8f0Fs.jpg

2MvEwYi.jpg

You know, despite living in the town that this is named after, I really need to catch back up with this series. Never have any time though.

IronRinn

So Uverse's player stopped right as he was getting in the shower. I miss anything big?
Some more about her not going to the seminar. Ends with him saying "This is the first day of the rest of our lives" and she looks like that's not what she wants to hear.

IronRinn

Lou ain't no fool.

Scene with Milligan and Dodd's daughter was something else. Hangover line was swiped from someone, wasn't it? Hunter S. Thompson?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wow, some really great scenes there. Jean Smart and Brad Garrett were both wonderful. Such a good show.

IronRinn

I don't know. Something makes me think you shouldn't fuck with Jean Smart.

Edit: She and Garrett did great work in that scene.

Top Bottom