• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Season 2 - a new true crime chapter takes us to 1979 Sioux Falls - Mon on FX

Well, Justified is over but if you guys haven't you can catch up on The Americans and join that thread next year for another edition of FX Shows That Are Fantastic But No One Is Watching.

I just want more people to watch The Americans.

I'm actually only just now (late pass WAY in hand) getting into that show.

The husband reminds me so much of early 70s Spielberg. Which is why, I guess, I find it so disturbing when he effortlessly destroys people.

Speevy

Banned
They better have a shitload of flashbacks during the next episode, because they more or less broke the plot if they don't.

IronRinn

I'm actually only just now (late pass WAY in hand) getting into that show.

The husband reminds me so much of early 70s Spielberg. Which is why, I guess, I find it so disturbing when he effortlessly destroys people.

Haha, oh man, I hadn't thought of that. That is kind of disturbing.

I got into it late as well after sleeping on it for two seasons. Hopefully we'll see you in the next thread, we can always use more people discussing the show. It's so fucking good!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Well, Justified is over but if you guys haven't you can catch up on The Americans and join that thread next year for another edition of FX Shows That Are Fantastic But No One Is Watching.

I just want more people to watch The Americans.

The Americans is pretty good and sometimes great but I wouldn't put it on the level of Fargo.

Fargo to me is top tier TV while The Americans is B tier or something.

I should watch Justified one of these days, I watched it until it turned into a crime of the week show which a hate but I hear it stopped doing that later in season 1.

-griffy-

Banned
The Americans is pretty good and sometimes great but I wouldn't put it on the level of Fargo.

Fargo to me is top tier TV while The Americans is B tier or something.

You make the mail robot sad:
BPtA5Ao.gif

JDSN

Banned
Really liking this season better than the original, I think Bear let Symone walk away but we are never going to know the truth, him breaking his cast feels like not being able to take Dodd's child the way he did with Charlie. Betty is just shocked at learning that Hank might be crazy.

Mike is Robert Quarles's father confirmed.

Finalow

I suppose we're going to see what happened to Ed (and possibly how he got Mike's number) in the next episode.

Another terrific episode. Didn't really like how they kind of left the endings (Peg, Ed, Dodd and the Gerhardt house attack) of the last episode hanging a little bit. But that didn't bring down the overall quality.
I didn't like that either, still, agreed, very good episode.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Superb episode once again. I'm gonna need a playlist with all the songs used this season once it's all over.

On the Americans: I should give that another shot, dropped it after the third ep of s1. I've ignored The Leftovers so far because Lindelof is involved, but that may be selling that show short.

Speevy

Banned
Did Lou not have a mountain of evidence on which to arrest Mike Milligan?

Is he just biding his time to get the other members?

We had some Miller's Crossing,
We had some Big Lebowski
We had some O Brother
We had some No Country.

In fact I'm trying to think of a single episode this season that didn't have most, if not all of those four in the mix somehow.

here's what I spotted (major episode spoilers!)

Miller's Crossing:
The whole damn scene lifted wholesale. "please we're family" = "can you find it in your heart to forgive me"

what condition my condition was in when she pulled up to the hotel, not to mention she has more than a few Bunny-like traits

a jillion speeches just like Tommy Lee Jones' at the end of no country

Sometimes there's a man...

I had some questions but it looks like I'm not the only one

Episode 7 spoilers
how did Bear know the daughter was at that hotel
How did Ed get Mike's room phone #

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hey guys so i was watching this show and i was like damn this is some quality shit i think other folk agree

but yeah honestly these guys are next level operators i can tell by the pixels

Easily the best show on TV right now alongside The Leftovers. Too much quality back to back. Can't wait to see how this all ends.

Yes indeed. Feels incredible to be watching the two best shows right now. What a time to be a live.

Hello of an episode here with Fargo. So many emotions. I personally don't know how anyone could think the pills were working, considering what we know from season one and the ambiguity of the trial. She's a tough lady, but she can't defeat that fucking Cancer. :(

That fake out with Mike. Don't do such a thing like that, show! At least he wasn't ready to die just yet. Mike Milligan is still a threat.

And I was totally confused by the house. I see that it is in fact Franks. Where's he finding the time for all that?

I'm also confused about Simone. How was she found out? Floyd knew? I'm confused.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Easily the best show on TV right now alongside The Leftovers. Too much quality back to back. Can't wait to see how this all ends.

I agree with this for the most part. These are the main two shows i watch that are active and i think are complete quality. I watch Walking Dead just cause of its legacy but at the end of the day these two are the best. Although the Knick is active right now but i havent watched it yet. It gets some buzz.

and by active i mean currently airing new episodes. I love me some Game of Thrones, ,House of Cards, Mr Robot, etc etc but they are in off-season

LQX

Great episode. I really did not think Mike would live past the episode and I wonder if he maybe got a reprieve because he was great in the other episodes...but then again I don't think they film these shows in order so that might not have been a factor and that would require a lot of rewriting. He just seemed destined to die that episode so we could see who they sent up.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
"You're a shit cop, you know that right?" I laughed so hard. Then you immediately have that scene between Betsy and Karl that is just so depressingly sweet and touching. That was the best scene for me. It was way too telegraphed that Mike would get out of that situation with the Undertaker, but that was still cool that he pulled a Quarles (watch Justified pls). Lots of beautiful shots in this one, particularly during the Bear and Simone scenes. Great episode.

Oh and after scrolling up a bit, I'd like to be the fourth to suggest watching The Americans :p

Hatchtag

Banned
Great episode. I really did not think Mike would live past the episode and I wonder if he maybe got a reprieve because he was great in the other episodes...but then again I don't think they film these shows in order so that might not have been a factor and that would require a lot of rewriting. He just seemed destined to die that episode so we could see who they sent up.

I think they intentionally made it seem like he was going to die, when in reality he just knew he couldn't get it done in two days and figured he should just make sure he kills the undertaker.

Top Bottom