• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Season 2 - a new true crime chapter takes us to 1979 Sioux Falls - Mon on FX

Plasmid

Damn. My dude Dodd, as much as an asshole as he was he was a great interesting character.

Anyone notice the alien symbols at the bar?

Hatchtag

Banned
Mike Milligan's heading towards almost certain doom :(. He better survive long enough to set up a season three featuring him again.

EDIT: Important repost from /tv/. Not sure if it's true, won't investigate it. But according to someone on /tv/, Rotten Tomatoes has minor spoilers from the final episode.

HoJu

what a cast of characters in this show. tense episode, as always.
but I don't buy Hanzee putting down those people at the bar. all it did was leave a trail to him. I guess he was pissed off by the sign and just had enough of the abuse, but still.

DiscoJer

but I don't buy Hanzee putting down those people at the bar. all it did was leave a trail to him. I guess he was pissed off by the sign and just had enough of the abuse, but still.

I dunno. I think that's the same reason he turned on his boss, he had had enough.

OTOH, I don't buy him leaving anyone alive to give a description.

Then again, perhaps he was sending a message by wounding them in the knee? (Wounded Knee was only a few years before this was set...

Dunst better win an Emmy . She is brilliant in this.

What an amazing episode. This is shaping up to be the best single season of any show. Ever.

Dodd not killing Peggy before ambushing the butcher really makes no sense to me. Like that was the first genuinely dumb thing about this show I've seen. He didn't seem like the kind of character to be caught slipping like that and it killed my enjoyment of this episode no matter how good the rest of it was.

Dodd not killing Peggy before ambushing the butcher really makes no sense to me. Like that was the first genuinely dumb thing about this show I've seen. He didn't seem like the kind of character to be caught slipping like that and it killed my enjoyment of this episode no matter how good the rest of it was.

He's a misogynist who constantly underestimates women. Also he likely wanted to take his time with her or possible Ed pulled in as he was about to and ge abandoned that to sneak into postition to hang him.

Tons of reasons

He's a misogynist who constantly underestimates women. Also he likely wanted to take his time with her or possible Ed pulled in as he was about to and ge abandoned that to sneak into postition to hang him.

Tons of reasons

But then after he hung Ed he just stood there with his back turned to her like she was out of the picture. She had already tased the shit out of him two times and stabbed him so I think he knew she was a threat at that point.

Turin

Banned
Peggy's so wonderfully goofy and deranged.

I loved that part in the car where she and Ed eventually just laugh together in this weird hysteria.

But then after he hung Ed he just stood there with his back turned to her like she was out of the picture. She had already tased the shit out of him two times and stabbed him so I think he knew she was a threat at that point.

Nope he didn't . Did you not see how cocky he was when she got up and came towards him. He's incapable of taking any woman seriously and it got him killed.

He also thought she was out cold.

It seemed like he stopped caring after realizing that people will still treat him like shit even after serving 3 tours in Vietnam. And he realized that Dodd treats him like shit despite all the things he's done for him. Hanzee actualized.

Same thing I was thinking. Like, really? She's alive? Although I bet he wanted to repay her with the torture she put him, but killing Ed was a priority and making that noose trap would take some time. Dodd's a big idiot who doesn't view any woman as a threat unless he's tied down in a chair.

Holy crap that whole episode was brillant. Thornton was excellent in the first season but season 2's casting is far and away the best, and with so many great performances, I can easily say I'm enjoying it way more. And that's saying something considering I didn't even need to wait a week between each episodes with the first season, I probably watched it all in a week or less.

Top Bottom