• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Season 2 - a new true crime chapter takes us to 1979 Sioux Falls - Mon on FX

Grinchy

Banned
I thought it was supposed to be a romantic comedy and now I'm kinda upset that Hanzee and Bear didn't get to cultivate their romantic relationship.

Hi, this is the Coen Brothers speaking.

Yeah I'm kind of shocked at the shock at the most recent episode.

Like. Y'all seen Coen Brothers movies right?

Madman Mundt?

Man Who Wasn't There?

Caught up by a twister?

Any Hawley interview, he talks incessantly about how he's playing in the Coen universe. How when he's breaking stories he thinks of elements of their movies to be inspired by.

Anyway. This season is great.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
"It's just a flying saucer Ed, we gotta go." I laughed so hard. Loved the episode. The narration frame was great, didn't even realize that was Martin Freeman at the time. Loved that Mike didn't even make it in time, and that was a great delivery of, "ok then." The scene with Betsy was so sad, nice touch being able to hear the glass break when Noreen tells Molly to show her mom the drawing. Glad Ben got knocked out too. The scene at the hotel with all the shooting was well done, and brutal. And Bear was on that Boromir shit. Good stuff. The UFO was totally worth it if only for that Peggy line. Jesus that was funny.

Great episode. I actually dig the UFO stuff, and how it's just sort of 'there' as a side plot.

I wonder if it'll come any more into play in the final episode.

UFO was whatever. The narration was the real problem in this episode, made it really obvious how much they were struggling that they had to resort to that.

Herbs

Banned
"It's just a flying saucer Ed, we gotta go." I laughed so hard. Loved the episode. The narration frame was great, didn't even realize that was Martin Freeman at the time. Loved that Mike didn't even make it in time, and that was a great delivery of, "ok then." The scene with Betsy was so sad, nice touch being able to hear the glass break when Noreen tells Molly to show her mom the drawing. Glad Ben got knocked out too. The scene at the hotel with all the shooting was well done, and brutal. And Bear was on that Boromir shit. Good stuff. The UFO was totally worth it if only for that Peggy line. Jesus that was funny.

yeah, having Mike miss the whole thing was stellar though I would've loved to see him react to the UFO.

So hanzee had seen the aliens before.

Back at the diner, he saw them and also time seemed to pass instantly. Maybe he was abducted but can't remember it.

So I'm thinking that the aliens made him want to kill the gerhardts. The aliens seem to revolve around their family, in terms of the actual sightings so far.

Rye saw them, then hanzee saw them when he went to look for rye, the. They appeared at the shootout to stop the guy killing ed.

Also somehow Hank has been talking to them. I liked when his daughter opened his office and saw everything and even looked like Hank had been trying to learn their language.

I'm looking forward to them tying everything together next week.

Martin freemans accent was a dead giveaway. But maybe because I remember his voice from the uk office series pretty well.

El Daniel

So hanzee had seen the aliens before.

Back at the diner, he saw them and also time seemed to pass instantly. Maybe he was abducted but can't remember it.

So I'm thinking that the aliens made him want to kill the gerhardts. The aliens seem to revolve around their family, in terms of the actual sightings so far.

Rye saw them, then hanzee saw them when he went to look for rye, the. They appeared at the shootout to stop the guy killing ed.

Also somehow Hank has been talking to them. I liked when his daughter opened his office and saw everything and even looked like Hank had been trying to learn their language.

I'm looking forward to them tying everything together next week.
Aliens are behind it all! That would really cheapen it.

And what happened to McManus? Probably dead but you didn't see it on screen.

In an interview Patrick Wilson alluded to Lou addressing what happened in the finale in some form, so the aliens will definitely be mentioned in some respect. Of course, it could just be a "well that was a deal, eh?" sort of thing.

Golden Globe nominations from this morning:
BEST TELEVISION LIMITED SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
American Crime
American Horror Story: Hotel
Fargo
Flesh & Bone
Wolf Hall

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Kirsten Dunst
Lady Gaga
Sarah Hay
Felicity Huffman
Queen Latifah

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Idris Elba
Oscar Isaac
David Oyelowo
Mark Rylance
Patrick Wilson

Alpende

Oscar Isaac is probably going to win and that's fine, he was great in Show Me A Hero. Fargo should win for best limited TV series though.

addik

I'm glad Kirsten Dunst has been given a nom. I can't really say if she deserves the win since I haven't seen the other noms, but her role in the series has been phenomenal. And to think, I was kinda dismissive about her joining the cast, now she's stealing every scene she's in.

Fury451

Banned
Really get a Philip Seymour Hoffman vibe from him. Maybe that is cause I just watched Hunger Games this weekend.

No, I definitely get that vibe also. I think he's poised to be very excellent and talented character actor, he's already turned in some great performances in his young career. He was so sublimely hateable in Breaking Bad, but he's unassumingly likable in Fargo. He was also pretty great in Black Mass, even though he had a short part.

William

No, I definitely get that vibe also. I think he's poised to be very excellent and talented character actor, he's already turned in some great performances in his young career. He was so sublimely hateable in Breaking Bad, but he's unassumingly likable in Fargo. He was also pretty great in Black Mass, even though he had a short part.

I didn't know he was in Black Mass, that makes me want to watch it!

I agree, he is proving to be a fantastic actor, looking back on Landry in Friday Night Lights even he was showing something special there, despite his character getting the "best bud" and "geeky guy infatuated with the bombshell" anchors to weigh him down (and that whole season two plot mess).

I have loved every minute of his time on screen here in Fargo, perfect character for him to play. Cant wait to watch the last episode.

painey

to me, the UFO ruined the entire fucking story. It's not Deus Ex Machina because they showed the UFO before, but it's as close to it as you can get. I'm pissed at such a cop out.

to me, the UFO ruined the entire fucking story. It's not Deus Ex Machina because they showed the UFO before, but it's as close to it as you can get. I'm pissed at such a cop out.

How is it deus ex machina when they easily could have just made Lou's shots take Bear down?

Top Bottom