• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/EXTRA Record launches on Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, and Steam in 2025

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Via Noisy Pixel

Type-Moon has unveiled a new trailer for its turn-based RPG Fate/Extra Record and announced a 2025 release for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam.

The new video highlights plenty of new footage to peruse regarding remade scenarios and newly implemented facets. Bandai Namco is also listed among the assisting companies with studio BB.

Fate Extra/Record is a remake of the original Fate/Extra released for PSP. It follows a male or female protagonist with a choosable servant, ranging from Nero (Saber), Tamamo (Caster), and Emiya (Archer).

The protagonist, canonically named Hakuno Kishinami, regardless of gender, is an amnesiac who finds themselves in a Grail War. Strangely, this setting seems to differ significantly from conventional reality, and learning the intricacies surrounding their circumstances is at the core of Hakuno’s initial objectives.

Combat is turn-based, consisting of a rock-paper-scissors design where players must innately understand their opponents’ movesets to prevail. Japan received this title in July 2010, while the West first saw it in November 2021 via publisher Aksys Games.

Fate/Extra would receive a follow-up entry titled Fate/Extra CCC for the PSP in Japan in March 2013. However, it has never been localized. Thankfully, it has recently received a full English fan translation.

Last edited:

GHound

Bamco publishing probably means an eye wateringly overpriced collector's edition inbound. Probably regional too. 🥹

Last edited:

Barakov

pgs9njL.jpeg

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Here's the overview of the game from the official website translated by Gematsu:

About

The “Moon Holy Grail War” begins anew…

The setting is a Spiritron virtual world called “SE.RA.PH.” built on the moon. Masters and Servants team up and fight for survival in pursuit of the “Holy Grail,” an omnipotent wish-granting device, in the Moon Holy Grail War which begins once again…

This is a remake of Fate/EXTRA, the first Fate series RPG originally released on July 22, 2010, now revamped for modern hardware with an expanded scenario, refreshed character graphics, and dramatic command battles utilizing a highly strategic deck-building system.

Master and Servant

128 of the world’s top hackers, each capable of transforming their soul into Spiritrons, are selected as Masters to participate in the Holy Grail War.

The Servants they form contracts with are the souls of legendary heroes and eminent figures from history, whose true names are concealed. These Servants are materialized as Spiritron life-forms and are assigned to one of seven classes, such as Saber or Archer.

Through their shared struggle, where they entrust their souls to one another, their pasts and hidden desires intersect.

Staff
  • Original Story and Scenario: Kinoko Nasu / TYPE-MOON
  • Original Character Concept: Takashi Takeuchi / TYPE-MOON
  • Planning and Direction: Kazuya Niino / TYPE-MOON studio BB
  • Character Design: Arco Wada

Last edited:
I really liked Fate Extella Link, even though I’ve never been super into the anime. This sounds cool tho, a jrpg? Nice.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Staff
  • Original Story and Scenario: Kinoko Nasu / TYPE-MOON
  • Original Character Concept: Takashi Takeuchi / TYPE-MOON
  • Planning and Direction: Kazuya Niino / TYPE-MOON studio BB
  • Character Design: Arco Wada

It’s been so long that I forgot studio BB was being led by Kazuya Niinou, glad to see he’s finally getting a project off the ground. Looks kind of cool, I wish I knew what the fuck was going on in this weird Fate series.

Chance of a CCC Remaster? Or maybe as DLC for Extra Record?

Also I'm still salty they didn't include this song on the Fate song material CD set (but included the Extella songs). I love Kanon Wakeshima's music.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member

I mean this a "if this sells well" situation ain't it? If they remake a game and have essentially an entire sequal that they could reuse a shit ton of assets on then the only reason they wouldn't is because the cost isn't worth it.

I'm a little sad they didn't decide to do something a bit more extreme with this remake, I feel they could have thrown anouther route in there with a new servant. Maybe Avenger give how long its taken, but I'm happy to just see it's actually coming out.

Last edited:

GHound

IIRC Nino talked about wanting to remake CCC as well but that nothing was set in stone and it was mentioned during that same stream how difficult it would be to do it these days due to the lewder nature of CCC.

Top Bottom