• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Four tickets and I got one of the new 5* CE (the Arts one) but nothing beyond that. I'll take it, I guess. Not spending any SQ since I'm saving for Jeanne Alter (as well as a couple for Jack).

Zafir

Did 12 pulls, did get a gold rider, but it was the 4* (it's something I guess tho). Besides that and one of the new 4* essence, the rest was stuff I had already.

Grazzt

120 quartz and 10 tickets wasted, not a single 5* servant. Only one 5* CE (limited zero over)...
I've used up my luck when summoning Gil I guess.
One of my tickets gave me the new 4* rider tho.

Mupod

Spent my union mandated 1 ticket and got Euryale, I'm ok with this. Now nothing at all will be spent until Halloween.

...I think this is my first new Servant since my free Emiya?

RUUYQwW.jpg

Neat.

Stenlock

Neo Member
30 quartz wasted without a single 4 stars.

Fuck this game. I'm going to save everything for Scathatch and if I don't get her I'm done.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
All of you blowing some quartz and not getting what you want and complaining. Have you guys done the math? Why would you expect a 4* servant from only a measly 10 rolls. Come on guys. Be realistic.

kewlmyc

*60 free stones later*

I'm content. Should be good on a Rider for the rest of the game, or at least until Ozy comes out if he's as busted as I hear.

How does the free summon work again? You pick from multiple gatchas with different guarenteed 5*s in them. Wondering if I should go for Jack (need a good Assassin) or just wait for the free pull.

I was thinking of hording quartz till Halloween but unless I'm reading something wrong you can get Halloween Lizzy just by doing the event right?

This is of course praying NA actually does a Halloween event.

Quonny

I was thinking of hording quartz till Halloween but unless I'm reading something wrong you can get Halloween Lizzy just by doing the event right?

This is of course praying NA actually does a Halloween event.
Yeah you get Halloween Lizard for completing the event and you get her ascension materials from it as well.

All of you blowing some quartz and not getting what you want and complaining. Have you guys done the math? Why would you expect a 4* servant from only a measly 10 rolls. Come on guys. Be realistic.
Between Swimsuit Nobu, Summer Pt. 2, and the Beserker rate-up this moonth I spent 45 tickets and around 500 quartz with nothing but a single 4* and a Limited Zero Over to show for it. These people don't know what true pain is.

Is Drake a non limited servant where you may get from the $$ summon soonish?
Yes. She's not limited or story locked.

Sciel

Between Swimsuit Nobu, Summer Pt. 2, and the Beserker rate-up this moonth I spent 45 tickets and around 500 quartz with nothing but a single 4* and a Limited Zero Over to show for it. These people don't know what true pain is.

Yes. She's not limited or story locked.
That's some E rank luck right there.

I don't think anyone is under any illusions about how crappy the drop rates are, most just want to beat the average and if they don't...well...then salt flows.

I agree that QQ-ing about not getting anything in 30 quartz is lul-worthy tho.

How does the free summon work again? You pick from multiple gatchas with different guarenteed 5*s in them. Wondering if I should go for Jack (need a good Assassin) or just wait for the free pull.

If you're referring to the guaranteed gacha, each iteration is different.

1st one: Held in the 1st New Years. Single pool of the 11 non-limited SSRs (+ Okita for some reason)
2nd one: Held during 1st Anniversary. 2 different pools divided by class. Again, non limited SSRs only.
3rd one: 2nd New Years: Split into 7 different pools, separated by class (Assassins + Extra class are lumped together as one pool because at that point they had only 1 non-limited SSR each). Again, non limited SSRs only.
4th one: 2nd Anniversary: Every single SSR in a one single pool. The catch is: Limited SSRs are rollable on this gacha for the first time.

kewlmyc

If you're referring to the guaranteed gacha, each iteration is different.

1st one: Held in the 1st New Years. Single pool of the 11 non-limited SSRs (+ Okita for some reason)
2nd one: Held during 1st Anniversary. 2 different pools divided by class. Again, non limited SSRs only.
3rd one: 2nd New Years: Split into 7 different pools, separated by class (Assassins + Extra class are lumped together as one pool because at that point they had only 1 non-limited SSR each). Again, non limited SSRs only.
4th one: 2nd Anniversary: Every single SSR in a one single pool. The catch is: Limited SSRs are rollable on this gacha for the first time.

Cool, thanks. What would the 11 non limited servants be?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I kind of want Anne / Mary for Black Grail fuckery, not gonna lie.

Don't feel like trying my luck is the correct play though. I can only take so many Rin Pendants.

I'm content. Should be good on a Rider for the rest of the game, or at least until Ozy comes out if he's as busted as I hear.

By the way, as far as Ozymandias vs. Drake:

They have different roles due to single-target vs. multi-target NPs. You're not going to use Ozy for QP farming, and you're not going to use Drake for caster bosses.

Pejo

Had one ticket, burned it and got a black keys. Kotomine Kirei!!!!!!

Did a 10 roll and got this:

What a weird roll. I nearly shat when the golden rider card turned into Martha instead of either of the banner units. :mad:

Herc, though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
More than 250K FP spent for Euryale on the FP pool...... Worth it.

Just spent my 115k NP and nada.

At least I max NP'd a couple low level folks from all the other drops, lol.

Since Euryale's not limited I'll just wait til I dump my quartz on some future roll and hope she comes up then.

icedragon08

Neo Member
More than 250K FP spent for Euryale on the FP pool...... Worth it.

Now I feel bad for using my only ticket and getting her immediately.

I would recommend everyone doing the Blackbeard interlude (bond 1, ascension 1) once you are done with the story if you need pages. You get atlest 7, more possible.

xequalsy

Kinda nervous at all the stories about 120 quartz being not enough. Still only managed to save 150 quartz so far for Iskandar. I should have another couple months to go before he releases though, so should be enough. Fingers crossed.

By the way, some NP upgrade interludes are now available immediately if you have met the ascension and bond requirements.

Chaldea Gate: Ushiwakamaru
Orleans - Paris: Phantom of the Opera

And after finishing Okeanos, you also unlock NP upgrade interludes for Asterios and Waver and a skill upgrade interlude for Atalante.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Kinda nervous at all the stories about 120 quartz being not enough. Still only managed to save 150 quartz so far for Iskandar. I should have another couple months to go before he releases though, so should be enough. Fingers crossed.

120 is only 4 10 pulls. Considering the 1% rate for 5* drops (and the rate up only being a portion of that), that's not really a lot. People have used a lot more trying to pull for Gil without getting him.

T-Rex.

Banned
400+ quartz for me and no Drake. RIP hopes and dreams!

I did get Jeanne, Emiya, Sumanai NP2 (lol), Liz, Lancelot, Anne & Mary NP2, Carmilla NP2 though. Honestly, you should just always go in expecting to be disappointed. It's the best way to play the game.

300 Quartz is the bare minimum to stand a statistically decent chance of rolling a 5*.

Quonny

These stories are why I do 30-90 quartz worth of pulls per banner.

Struck out on Gil, but only dropped 60. Struck out on Orion, but only spent 80-something quartz. Now I got Drake in 30.

So now when I don't pull Tamamo I won't feel so bad. I can't imagine saving 300 quartz for something specifically, not having any joyous pulls along the way, and then not getting it. That would be crushing. I don't get anything in 90 quartz? Oh well, next time maybe. And I got some good 4* servants, 4*+ CEs, and so on along the way.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm at like 350 now. Hopefully should hit 400 by the time I'm done with Okeanos and the free quests.

The most terrifying thing to me is trying to decide whether I want to try and split everything I've saved up between attempting to grab Tamamo, Mordred, and Scathach or just go all-in on one of them. The former is way too greedy/optimistic, but I don't know who I want more of the three lol. I like Mordred the most, but I already have Altera and Altria, so it's gonna be a little hard to justify from a necessity standpoint.

xequalsy

120 is only 4 10 pulls. Considering the 1% rate for 5* drops (and the rate up only being a portion of that), that's not really a lot. People have used a lot more trying to pull for Gil without getting him.

Yeah I realise. I've basically stopped paying attention to where my quartz count is at these days, just on the release of new banners like these makes me a little anxious.

400+ quartz for me and no Drake. RIP hopes and dreams!

I did get Jeanne, Emiya, Sumanai NP2 (lol), Liz, Lancelot, Anne & Mary NP2, Carmilla NP2 though. Honestly, you should just always go in expecting to be disappointed. It's the best way to play the game.
:( Tough luck there. Yeah I'm never expecting anything, and it helps that I don't really plan to spend any money. From experience I know it's always worse if you actually spent money and got nothing.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
These stories are why I do 30-90 quartz worth of pulls per banner.

Struck out on Gil, but only dropped 60. Struck out on Orion, but only spent 80-something quartz. Now I got Drake in 30.

So now when I don't pull Tamamo I won't feel so bad. I can't imagine saving 300 quartz for something specifically, not having any joyous pulls along the way, and then not getting it. That would be crushing. I don't get anything in 90 quartz? Oh well, next time maybe. And I got some good 4* servants, 4*+ CEs, and so on along the way.

This is a good game plan, honestly. It's how you should go about using quartz.

Still saving up for Baethach and then hanging myself when I don't get her though. SeemsGood

It's basic probability 40 chances at 1% success rate is nowhere near certainity.

B.O.O.M

Got Euryale.

Also got a bunch of good essence cards. Surprisingly, the three star ship one which gives 100 health each turn is the best one imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom