• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

The End

Got it but do they offer any bonus or just the exact same as single quartz summon right?

Yep, you don't get the 4* bonus from the 10 pulls, but they're otherwise the same.

Oh, and remember: if you're using google opinions on android (and you should be) bank ALL of your free bucks for the New Years / Anniversary events: you'll get a guaranteed 5 star pull with 40 PAID quartz.

Yep, you don't get the 4* bonus from the 10 pulls, but they're otherwise the same.

Oh, and remember: if you're using google opinions on android (and you should be) bank ALL of your free bucks for the New Years / Anniversary events: you'll get a guaranteed 5 star pull with 40 PAID quartz.

40? Will they increase price for that ?

Stheno or Carmilla for free Charakter? I need a good assassin and have lots of cards for that class.

Between those two, I think Carmilla is the better of them. From what I've read, she's the highest damage Assassin available, but is low on Star Generation. Stheno's most useful feature is her NP, but the instant kill is only for males (and we all know this is a Waifu before a Husbando game) and in that case, you'll be better with a higher damage output, I think Carmilla's NP also heals her, and deals additional damage to females.

But as The End said, the best pick is Heracles unless you already have it, as it has the most utility of the bunch.

Pejo

New mission: get more friends with Kaleidoscope Vlads (other than chrono's old account).

Your day is not complete without Kazikli Bey.

Well, I just freed up a bunch of friend slots from inactive/reroll accounts, so feel free to add me if you need another one. Also, I'm not sure if GAF has a friends list compilation document thing, but feel free to add my # to that too.

E0dmE9m.png

Berserkers are like pants that you wear every day. Assassins are like tailored suits that you take out of the closet for dinners and interviews.

Carmilla has exceptionally high attack not just for assassins but among all the servants you can choose from. Unfortunately a lot of that goes to waste because assassins have less than 100% base attack to begin with, and she's QQQAB (which will screw up your buster and arts chains). You'll never get quite as much damage as you'd expect from a high-attack servant, or quite as many stars as you'd expect from an assassin.

Her NP is also the second-best for single-target damage among the servants you can choose from, but still pales compared to Herc's.

She does not go on your front lines, but she does well as support in Orleans and rider XP days. I get a lot of friend points from her at those times just because people need that utility.

Neki

Doesn't matter when all I get are 4 star essences reeee

Strimei

Is there really no other places available right now for archer pieces besides the ascension dailies? I have had such bad luck with archer pieces from it, though I finally got my 10th for EMIYA's next ascension.

Speaking of, did the NP interlude upgrade for him that comes with it, even though my party is under level for it (recommended 70, my highest are EMIYA and Herc at 50). But I made it through against that obscenely strong Hercules, all thanks to Cu. He really is a roach, dude soloed Hercules for half the fight.

Also, Septem ending spoilers,
I knew about the whole demon pillars thing, though I had somehow missed Leff being one. I did not expect the things to basically have an homage to Evangelion with the sound effects.

chrono01

Since our current Google Doc doesn't allow people to edit their information (such as update/list their current party supports), I decided to create a new one. This is my first time making a Google Doc, so I'm not sure I got everything right or not. If so, please let me know! I made it so anyone can edit, but I'll put the link behind a quote so it remains GAF-only.

Here's the Google Doc URL:

Grazzt

Well, I just freed up a bunch of friend slots from inactive/reroll accounts, so feel free to add me if you need another one. Also, I'm not sure if GAF has a friends list compilation document thing, but feel free to add my # to that too.

Sent. I changed my name to my Gaf id.

Quick, weird question:

Who are the Servants pictured on the Cafe Camelot CE?

I speak of this one:

latest

I can't for the life of me figure out who the two dark haired ones are.

Strimei

Quick, weird question:

Who are the Servants pictured on the Cafe Camelot CE?

I speak of this one:

latest

I can't for the life of me figure out who the two dark haired ones are.

I believe the one on top is Ramses II/Ozymandias and the one below is Paracelsus (aka Hohenheim). I feel fairly sure on the former, the latter maybe not but he's dark haired and a similar hairstyle.

elty

Ahhhh caster piece disappointment here we go.

Fake Edit:
4 battles
0 caster boss
1 silver caster trash, drops nothing
2 bronze caster trash, drops 2* exp

Meanwhile
2 berzerker boss
6 silver berzerker
4 berzerekr piece in total

x-Lundz-x

Nice I'll have to check into that. Thanks!

Voror

Ahhhh caster piece disappointment here we go.

Fake Edit:
4 battles
0 caster boss
1 silver caster trash, drops nothing
2 bronze caster trash, drops 2* exp

Meanwhile
2 berzerker boss
6 silver berzerker
4 berzerekr piece in total

Give me your Berserker luck. I need 13 more to be able to eventually get both Heracles and Lancelot to the next step.

Of course I also need Caster Monuments for Waver even if the other mats aren't available for him yet.

chrono01

How much better are they?

I had so damn many lancer drops while I tried to farm 10 archer pieces. I'm pretty damn set for like three future lancers.
They're better in the sense that each day gives you a specific type, so if a piece drops it's guaranteed to be the class you're farming for (no more 1/3 or 1/4 chance of getting the one you're after).

Strimei

They're better in the sense that each day gives you a specific type, so if a piece drops it's guaranteed to be the class you're farming for (no more 1/3 or 1/4 chance of getting the one you're after).

Oh god that's so much better. I cursed up a storm whenever I saw Nero or Cu.

Speaking of, what's with enemy servants being able to use their abilities round after round? I had Proto-Cu use Protection from Arrows for three rounds in a row, which was rather annoying. I get that enemy NPCs don't have the same rules generally (their NPs obviously work under a different method than ours) but that seemed pretty cheap.

Voror

Now that's interesting to hear. Is it switched from a bunch of classes each day to only one for each or something so you can choose which one to go for?

chrono01

Oh god that's so much better. I cursed up a storm whenever I saw Nero or Cu.

Speaking of, what's with enemy servants being able to use their abilities round after round? I had Proto-Cu use Protection from Arrows for three rounds in a row, which was rather annoying. I get that enemy NPCs don't have the same rules generally (their NPs obviously work under a different method than ours) but that seemed pretty cheap.
Haha, not sure. The only ability that can be delayed is their NP (as far as I know), if you use draining/delay skills on them. Aside from that, I'm pretty sure anything goes.

I share your frustration. I had Marie use her invincibility move two times in a row. I was like "Really!?".

Now that's interesting to hear. Is it switched from a bunch of classes each day to only one for each or something so you can choose which one to go for?
Yeah, each day will be a different class so, for example:

Monday - Saber
Tuesday - Caster
Wednesday - Archer

And so on.

When I see the likes of Marie and Cu, I pop every buff I have and try to kill them on the first turn. Their ability to spam their invincible abilities is bullshit of the highest order.

Strimei

Haha, not sure. The only ability that can be delayed is their NP (as far as I know), if you use draining/delay skills on them. Aside from that, I'm pretty sure anything goes.

I share your frustration. I had Marie use her invincibility move two times in a row. I was like "Really!?".

When I see the likes of Marie and Cu, I pop every buff I have and try to kill them on the first turn. Their ability to spam their invincible abilities is bullshit of the highest order.

Yeah that's what I learned to do too. I was just attacking each in turn at the time but when I saw Proto-Cu's outline or Cu himself, definite first target/NP overload.

Voror

Yeah, each day will be a different class so, for example:

Monday - Saber
Tuesday - Caster
Wednesday - Archer

And so on.

That's good to hear and I hope we get that soon. We're any adjustments made to the general material dailies or are those the same?

Articalys

While they're worse for generating stars, there's something really satisfying about NPs that deal gratuitous amounts of damage in a single hit.

elty

I seriously think this is rigged. Of all the 15ap I have played in there past week, I have seen exactly ONE caster boss. Every other class appears probably 10 times more.

chrono01

Nice to see people using my Google Doc GAF Friend List thing, keep em' coming! I'm going to go through it tomorrow and try adding everyone I can.

For reference, if you don't know where it is, quote this post. I've included the URL there (since the document is open, and want to share it with only GAF if I can).

Nice to see people using my Google Doc GAF Friend List thing, keep em' coming! I'm going to go through it tomorrow and try adding everyone I can.

For reference, if you don't know where it is, quote this post. I've included the URL there (since the document is open, and want to share it with only GAF if I can).

I'm already in your FL, but I've added myself there.

chrono01

I'm already in your FL, but I've added myself there.
Thanks for doing your part. d(^_^)v

There's nothing inherently wrong with the Friend List kayaos90 made, except that you can't edit it once you put in your details and there's no section where you can list your leaders. I've always preferred more open Google Doc's, so people can alter their information as they see fit, but then so can anyone else who's given the link (which is why I'd prefer it remain hidden behind GAF quotes so we don't get someone come in and randomly mess everything up, haha).

Camilla by a mile, but only if you have Herc already. He's easily the best overall 4*, even if you have another, lesser berserker.

Between those two, I think Carmilla is the better of them. From what I've read, she's the highest damage Assassin available, but is low on Star Generation. Stheno's most useful feature is her NP, but the instant kill is only for males (and we all know this is a Waifu before a Husbando game) and in that case, you'll be better with a higher damage output, I think Carmilla's NP also heals her, and deals additional damage to females.

But as The End said, the best pick is Heracles unless you already have it, as it has the most utility of the bunch.

Berserkers are like pants that you wear every day. Assassins are like tailored suits that you take out of the closet for dinners and interviews.

Carmilla has exceptionally high attack not just for assassins but among all the servants you can choose from. Unfortunately a lot of that goes to waste because assassins have less than 100% base attack to begin with, and she's QQQAB (which will screw up your buster and arts chains). You'll never get quite as much damage as you'd expect from a high-attack servant, or quite as many stars as you'd expect from an assassin.

Her NP is also the second-best for single-target damage among the servants you can choose from, but still pales compared to Herc's.

She does not go on your front lines, but she does well as support in Orleans and rider XP days. I get a lot of friend points from her at those times just because people need that utility.
Thanks for the informations.

Guess I will go with Heracles then. I know that he is the best among the choosable characters but I already have a leveled Berserker (only 3* Lu Bu) and I don't have good assassin yet.

I hope I can get 16 more quarz in the next 6 days. Then I will do a 10-pull and see what I get before deciding for one of the free characters.

chrono01

Thanks for the informations.

Guess I will go with Heracles then. I know that he is the best among the choosable characters but I already have a leveled Berserker (only 3* Lu Bu) and I don't have good assassin yet.

I hope I can get 16 more quarz in the next 6 days. Then I will do a 10-pull and see what I get before deciding for one of the free characters.
Definitely go with Heracles. It takes a long time to max out his bond, but when you do he essentially becomes a God. Better to start that grind as soon as possible.

Slashlen

Got my last monument for Jeanne! It also apparently used up almost all of my QP to max her. It's worth it, she's a monster now, her atk stat is above almost every support I have. She still doesn't have the # of buster cards or the NP of an offensive servant, but she can contribute quite a bit.

I can also take it easier now, maxing her was my main goal for the moment.

Definitely go with Heracles. It takes a long time to max out his bond, but when you do he essentially becomes a God. Better to start that grind as soon as possible.

Speaking about bonds - all my characters stop getting points after I reach 5 level of bond. Do I have to ascend tchem higher or finisz their quests to get more ?

Zafir

My monument luck has dried up again. Ran the daily loads of times today for Jeanne and only gotten like 3 monuments in total.

Grazzt

Where's the best place to farm Dragon's Fang? I've been trying 'Thiers', but I haven't seen one in ages.

I need about 24 D:

Sadly, Thiers is the best place currently. Took me two days plus a golden fruit to get 6 fangs. Or you can try your luck at Friday's monster hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom