• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, Thiers is the best place currently. Took me two days plus a golden fruit to get 6 fangs. Or you can try your luck at Friday's monster hunt.

200 AP spent at Thiers. 0 Dragon Fangs.

YaloDsq.jpg

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You guys crazy. I think AP is best spent on the 1/2 AP events while they are still here. More bang for your buck.

Quonny

You guys crazy. I think AP is best spent on the 1/2 AP events while they are still here. More bang for your buck.

Agreed. Get those mana prisms, monuments, QP, whatever. Wasting hundreds of AP on things you can easily get in events seems like a bad time.

But hey, play how you want. That's kinda what this game has going for it.

commish

Agreed. Get those mana prisms, monuments, QP, whatever. Wasting hundreds of AP on things you can easily get in events seems like a bad time.

Yeah, I guess not everyone is a min-max kinda player :p I'm mostly focused on getting my level up for the increased team cost and the increased AP, so I'm mostly doing the QP events.

RSchmitz

All I´ve been doing is mana prism farming. I have 1600 or so.
I actually just want to level up so I can have a better ap buffer.

All I´ve been doing is mana prism farming. I have 1600 or so.
I actually just want to level up so I can have a better ap buffer.

What are mana prisms good for? I have around 300, but the only thing that seems really useful about them is exchanging them for Summon Tickets, but at the rate they're restocked, you can never not have enough for the first day they're restocked...

commish

What are mana prisms good for? I have around 300, but the only thing that seems really useful about them is exchanging them for Summon Tickets, but at the rate they're restocked, you can never not have enough for the first day they're restocked...

Eventually there will be CEs you can buy that cost 1000+ MP. Some folks are just getting a head start on that now.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Well, it's not like those Summon Tickets aren't worth it.

Just make sure you're hitting up those dailies for as much MP as possible.

Eventually there will be CEs you can buy that cost 1000+ MP. Some folks are just getting a head start on that now.

Well, that's good to know. I'll start saving them for later then.

So, yesterday I was lucky enough to get all monuments I needed for Jeanne, and today I'm just missing 1 Berserker for her next Ascension, and maybe 1 more Caster monument for Medea while I'm here, but for hers I need an additional Heart of the Foreign God, and I can't remember where I got the first one...

Well, that's good to know. I'll start saving them for later then.

So, yesterday I was lucky enough to get all monuments I needed for Jeanne, and today I'm just missing 1 Berserker for her next Ascension, and maybe 1 more Caster monument for Medea while I'm here, but for hers I need an additional Heart of the Foreign God, and I can't remember where I got the first one...

Also you can trade them in for Fou to boost your char stats an Additional 990 attack and HP. I actually think its a good idea to Fou your favourite character right now since it will be a bigger boost relative to their current stats (990 is like a fifth of your attack when you only have 5K attack), its relatively cheap in terms of mana prisms & QP) and there's no telling when the store will restock so you want to get them now before the restock. Its also a lot more consistent than waiting for a rare material to drop.

Voror

I feel like I wasted the event a bit then. I just tended to stick with the highest level to farm for either mats, exp or qp along with leveling up for more ap. Guess I can use the time left as best I can.

kewlmyc

How do you even farm mana prisms? EXP farm and burn the cards?

I've been focusing on getting my 5*s to level 70. Luckily I only have Waver and Altera and both use void dust which you get during the monster hunts. Will start farming QP after that.

Pejo

Are these limited time or permanently in the store once available? I've been burning all my stam on the highest QP/Ascension dailies and ignoring the rest of them. I need to rethink this.

pahamrick

Are these limited time or permanently in the store once available? I've been burning all my stam on the highest QP/Ascension dailies and ignoring the rest of them. I need to rethink this.

I just run the third highest ember daily a bunch of times and burn all the 3* XP cards, as was mentioned earlier.

Super easy to build up a large portion of prisms. I run it a couple times a day and I've got about 400 stocked and everything but the 4* xp cards bought out of the manaprism shop.

commish

Permanent, I believe. Keep in mind that these are down the road, into the future and some folks think it's a waste of time to be farming MP right now since it's so far into the future. I'm personally not going to worry about it until a few months. You'll be starved for QP long before you have to worry about farming MP.

Edit: If you want to know more, here's a thread about it on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6ls8fm/na_players_consider_farming_30ap15ap_exp_now/

RSchmitz

How do you even farm mana prisms? EXP farm and burn the cards?

I've been focusing on getting my 5*s to level 70. Luckily I only have Waver and Altera and both use void dust which you get during the monster hunts. Will start farming QP after that.

Yes, but I do the 40 (20) ap one since I also want to level my character.

mellow

did my final 10 summon for Gil and got a 5* CE (the ones that increases Buster Card effectiveness by 25%) I guess that's good for my Herc

I hope I can get lucky with the free tickets but I guess I'll wait until the next time Gil rolls around, none of the events in the next few months interest me so at least I can save up a nice amount

Ala Alba

Permanent, I believe. Keep in mind that these are down the road, into the future and some folks think it's a waste of time to be farming MP right now since it's so far into the future. I'm personally not going to worry about it until a few months. You'll be starved for QP long before you have to worry about farming MP.

Edit: If you want to know more, here's a thread about it on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6ls8fm/na_players_consider_farming_30ap15ap_exp_now/

They are not exactly permanent.

Each one is available for about 3 months. Once all of them have been offered, they will only be available again in the Rare Prism shop.

elty

I think a 3 months limit.

What I do is:

1. Run 15, 20 AP EXP and 20 AP QP daily once.
2. If I need piece, run piece daily.
3. If I need EXP, run 20 AP daily.
4. if I don't need EXP, run 15 AP EXP daily.

Monster hunting (materials) seems to be rather horrible so I skip it - although I need to do the Friday one for Golems.

Voror

What I do is:

Monster hunting (materials) seems to be rather horrible so I skip it - although I need to do the Friday one for Golems.

It's inefficient then to do any of the lower ones? That seems a pretty good strategy though so I may adapt it.

I'm not looking forward to running those but I need mats especially golems for Heracles. The revamp where each day is focused on a specific class sounds like it may be a bit more bearable.

commish

They are not exactly permanent.

Each one is available for about 3 months. Once all of them have been offered, they will only be available again in the Rare Prism shop.

Ah, thanks. I thought I read they were permanent, but 3 months it is. I'll see how many I get organically before I start the farm for them.

Hubb

I'm just doing 1 20 AP EXP run then 1 20 AP PQ run then repeat until the 1/2 AP daily thing runs out. At this point farming materials doesn't seem worth it beyond what I've already done, so I am just seeing how high I can get my level before this event ends.

I need a real grinding event or a servant I actually want to try to roll for. Sadly I don't think anything is coming until after the 20th and probably not right away either.

Zafir

Since Jeanne's ascension is somewhat easier to farm for I've been focusing on getting the monuments for her.

I'm probably not bothering with most other ascensions past what I've done though, as the monster drops seem to have an appalling rate.

Ephidel

So, the other day I finally got my Waver + Vlad husbando account, so I was already pretty thrilled to have my paper vampire and my finger snapping caster.
Then last night I did a few single pulls and seem to have acquired an interloper.
I may have stared in disbelief and then gotten a little excited.
Yeah, I'm stoked :D
So now I have my dream account and I just need some friends to go with it while I level them up! My number is 296,022,321 and atm my username is Eris.

For you guys, which characters are you looking for and why?

Now obviously I've probably exhausted my luck, but I do have a set of pie in the sky dream list characters. It's mostly based on art, with a backup helping of voice actors, and... well, in all honesty, it's too long to be taken seriously. It's not as much an "I want ALL OF THEM" list as much as it's an "I'd be thrilled to get any of them" one though :)

Even so, I've cut it down to the three husbandos and three waifus I'll be crossing my fingers for the most.
(Arjuna, Cu Chulainn Alter, Karna)
(Brynhildr, Shuten Douji, Tamamo no Mae).

It's a little more sane than the full list (or at least I'm telling myself that), but they are all five stars so I'm not entirely sure sane applies.
But I might get one of them, right? :(

At least most of them get added to the story pool eventually so I'm not going to be completely out of luck when I inevitably fail to roll them when they first appear.
I guess as Bryn doesn't she's the one I should hoard for, but I'll probably break before then.

I also hope to get Rama, the 4* Saber, at some point.
Look how cool he looks. He's meant to be pretty good too :)

OVDRobo

Finished all of my available interludes including Artoria's second interlude which cost me all of my command seals because that Dragon made Emiya's Berserker interlude look like a joke. Back up to 28 quartz so I should be able to get one more 10-pull before the end of this banner.

In terms of servants I'm looking at for the long-term:
Mysterious Heroine X, Lancelot (Berserker), Artoria (Lancer), Nitocris and Ryougi Shiki

There's lots more units that I'd like to have and I might even pull on rate-ups for if I happen to have spare quartz or get really lucky with my goal units, but these are the units that I'm absolutely aiming for and might spend if necessary to get them, barring this first Lancelot because I'm not invested in the game enough to spend money yet.

At least Ryougi Shiki will be free if we happen to get the KnK event. If not then I'll have to replace her with Jack or Emiya (Assassin) on my list.

You also need unlimited time for that :)

For you guys, which characters are you looking for and why?

I already got Altria, Marie and Elizabeth so in next few months I'll be hoping for Nero and Jeanne.

This game is not a grindblue. It wont take much time even on events.

If I do 20AP quest only I'm getting levels faster than I consume my AP and the only limit is real time.

Or if i decide i want materials I have to finish 7AP free quest 12 times to burn my stamina.

Moonlight

Banned
My priorities go:

Mordred
Ishtar
Taiga
Tamamo no Mae
Arjuna
Musashi Miyamoto
MGX
Scathach

A couple others I want like Nobu are freebies so I don't need to worry about that. And obviously the event versions of the listed characters if they exist.

elty

If I do 20AP quest only I'm getting levels faster than I consume my AP and the only limit is real time.

Or if i decide i want materials I have to finish 7AP free quest 12 times to burn my stamina.

The stamina overrun situation won't last very long.

Shizuka

What I do is:

Great advice, I'll be sure to do just that for now.

chrono01

Yeah that was my initial plan. Let's see how this turns out ;)
Best of luck to you!

Well, it's not like those Summon Tickets aren't worth it.

Just make sure you're hitting up those dailies for as much MP as possible.
Yeah, for sure. Even with the upcoming 5* CE, I'd recommend grabbing whatever summon tickets you can first before you start saving.

You farm the second-highest XP daily for silver XP, since you don't get any more mana prisms per gold XP card.
I've been farming the highest AP one, since the one below it sometimes gives out 2* EXP cards which are useless (no Mana Prism when you sell them). Better rank XP too.

So, the other day I finally got my Waver + Vlad husbando account, so I was already pretty thrilled to have my paper vampire and my finger snapping caster.
Then last night I did a few single pulls and seem to have acquired an interloper.

I may have stared in disbelief and then gotten a little excited.

Yeah, I'm stoked :D
So now I have my dream account and I just need some friends to go with it while I level them up! My number is 296,022,321 and atm my username is Eris.

Now obviously I've probably exhausted my luck, but I do have a set of pie in the sky dream list characters. It's mostly based on art, with a backup helping of voice actors, and... well, in all honesty, it's too long to be taken seriously. It's not as much an "I want ALL OF THEM" list as much as it's an "I'd be thrilled to get any of them" one though :)

Even so, I've cut it down to the three husbandos and three waifus I'll be crossing my fingers for the most.
(Arjuna, Cu Chulainn Alter, Karna)

(Brynhildr, Shuten Douji, Tamamo no Mae).

It's a little more sane than the full list (or at least I'm telling myself that), but they are all five stars so I'm not entirely sure sane applies.
But I might get one of them, right? :(

At least most of them get added to the story pool eventually so I'm not going to be completely out of luck when I inevitably fail to roll them when they first appear.
I guess as Bryn doesn't she's the one I should hoard for, but I'll probably break before then.

I also hope to get Rama, the 4* Saber, at some point.

Look how cool he looks. He's meant to be pretty good too :)
Congrats! That's a pretty amazing account.

Strimei

Speaking of, what's with enemy servants being able to use their abilities round after round? I had Proto-Cu use Protection from Arrows for three rounds in a row, which was rather annoying. I get that enemy NPCs don't have the same rules generally (their NPs obviously work under a different method than ours) but that seemed pretty cheap.

I was reminded of my complaint when I saw this on the FGO subreddit:

That is obscene.

Sciel

What do you need Seeds / Wings for? Thought they were mostly for leveling up skills.

Today's (and Monday by default...) probably is the worst set of Monster Hunting for me, absolutely no drops i need. Just going to waste all my Stamina on EXP cards.

chrono01

I need the monster materials from today's daily...but given the drop-rates, and not getting the specific classes I need right now, I think I'll just stick with farming XP cards and burning them, as I'll need something like 5k Mana Prism by New Year's so I can fully LB Da Vinci's 5* CE.

My AP feels like a waste otherwise, since I'm having such horrible luck with the material drops. At least this way, I'm guaranteed to see some worth out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom