• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite ice cream from around the world?

sam12

Japanese Mochi, Israeli Halva ice cream, Faloodeh from Iran, Kulfi from India, etc, what's your favorite ice cream from around the world?

snap

Banned
kulfi's some good shit

still haven't had mochi, but don't want to get it here since i've already planned out a trip to japan later in the year. want to make my first impression as accurate as possible.

i do like tempura fried ice cream tho.

Tagyhag

softree-garosugil-jencookskorean.jpg

Softree's honeycomb ice cream from Korea. It's a really REALLY creamy vanilla ice cream with a honeycomb on top of it. The flavors mix really well!

Cream of the sky. I got it from an Argentine store here in Los Angeles but after researching it seems like it's also a thing in some Midwest states under the name "Blue Moon", but I don't know if it's the exact same flavor. It tastes like Trix-flavored cotton candy if that makes sense.

sam12

Softree's honeycomb ice cream from Korea. It's a really REALLY creamy vanilla ice cream with a honeycomb on top of it. The flavors mix really well!

Cream of the sky. I got it from an Argentine store here in Los Angeles but after researching it seems like it's also a thing in some Midwest states under the name "Blue Moon", but I don't know if it's the exact same flavor. It tastes like Trix-flavored cotton candy if that makes sense.

These look amazing

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
UK "99 Cone" soft serve creamy vanilla with a Cadbury "Flake" (crumbly milk chocolate with a distinct flavor) stuck in it.

IHZfw55.jpg

Bite/lick/bite/lick etc

Zoe

Japanese soft cream. Somehow it's different from American soft serve, and I wish I knew what the difference was.

red13th

Can't find photos but mascarpone gelato from Persicco in Buenos Aires was great. I also loved every flavour I tasted in Berthillion, in France.
My husband loved the tofu soft-serve that's sold almost everywhere in Japan in the summer, I didn't like it though.

Cookies 'n Cream gelato. I don't think it's beatable, especially if you have a warm brownie to go with it. I also have a strong affinity for cake flavored ice cream.

Tagyhag

Japanese soft cream. Somehow it's different from American soft serve, and I wish I knew what the difference was.

All about the cows and different diets.

It's why their milk tastes different as well.

The amount of sheer variety in Japanese soft cream is insane. My cousin showed me a potato flavor lol.

Lagamorph

The Lemon Top

photo0jpg.jpg

Soft vanilla Ice Cream topped with soft serve Lemon sorbet. Nothing is more refreshing on a hot day by the beach.

Peshawari ice cream in Pakistan. I'm going this December to Karachi so can't wait for that cold and unique texture to hit my lips.

BkPSZH5IUAABguG.jpg

jesu

I tried kulfi the other day, from India, it was a bit shit.
Had tapioca in it.

I like coconut or ginger ice cream.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
uncultured swine.

*laughs in French*

True, but the thread is a little weird, because some people are posting flavors, some people are posting brands, and some people are posting types of ice cream, and the first example in the thread isn't a flavor, a brand, or a type of ice cream -- it's a type of pastry or donut that can sometimes hold ice creams of any flavor, brand, or type... and it's still not clear to me what answer was actually expected or desired!

Favourite flavour, any brand: Banana Nut, Mint Chocolate Chip, Bubblegum, Strawberries and Cream

Favourite commercial flavours to buy at a store: Laura Secord Superkid, McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Salt and Straw Compartes Spring Awakening

Favourite things that aren't ice cream but are made somewhere and are kind of like ice cream: Kulfi, custard

Favourite thing to put ice cream in: Ice cream sandwich, mochi, Dippin' Dots, chocolate dipped waffle cone

Top Bottom