• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Star Wars game of all-time?

AirBrian

In honor of the DVDs coming out next Tuesday (09/21), what is your favorite Star Wars game of all-time for any console or PC?

For me, it's:

sesb.jpg

Prospero

The original X-Wing, with the expansions. Good times.

I put a good deal of time into that ray-traced Star Wars game from back in the day as well.

AeroGod

Considering everything...

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy

A decent story, likeable characters, cool levels, and good saber combat.

However, KoToR has the best storyline, characters and whatnot. Im not a big fan of the gameplay though.

TIE Fighter Collector's CD
Rogue Leader & Rebel Strike (Rebel Strike is not as good, but it has some nice missions)
The original Star Wars arcade.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
AirBrian said:
In honor of the DVDs coming out next Tuesday (09/21), what is your favorite Star Wars game of all-time for any console or PC?

For me, it's:

sesb.jpg

You are correct sir.

X-Wing Collector's CD
Rogue Leader
Dark Forces (never played the later games)

of course, my most played were probably Rebel Assault 2 and Shadows of the Empire. My best experience overall was using a level editor to create X-Wing missions. I never found any editors for any other games in the series, although the custom battle option for Alliance had some of the fun.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter on the PC.

My first lug-the-PC-round-to-my-mates-and-lets-LAN-baby game, as it was well worth the hassle.

Meier

Too tough to pick just one... Shadows of the Empire, X-Wing vs. Tie, Knights of the Old Republic, Jedi Knight II...

Prine

Banned
yoshifumi said:
knights of the old republic
shadows of the empire

Same here.

KOTOR best starwars and RPG i've ever played

Before that, it was Shadows of the Empire. I bought it with my brand new N64. Loved it, Dash Render? I think that was his name, i loved the fact that you were Hans good friend. You get to see the millenium falcon take off as you were tryng to escape Hoth, nice step into the trilogy there. Both stories interconnecting.

hobbitx

My all-time favorite is a tie between the JK series and oddly enough, the japanese SW game Namco made for NES. Out of all the games I've played that had lightsaber combat, that one little NES game convinced me I was holding a saber more than any of the newer games. The sabers really had a cool, thin, slick look unlike those glowing baseball bats from the Snes games, and it glowed like a real saber, and it made the coolest little sound. It wasn't the best SW game by any measure, but for me, someone who has always enjoyed the movies from the Jedi perspective, I loved playing it. Too bad it never got a sequel, at least I think it didn't.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Tie Fighter (i thought X-wing sucked)
Super Star Wars
[gap]
KOTOR
[huge gap]
Shadows of the Empire (despite some sucky sections)

Falch

Ristamar said:
You'd take Rogue Squadron over Rogue Leader?

Yep.

It's probably just some feeling of nostalgia, but I never was able to enjoy Rogue Leader as much as Rogue Squadron. I guess flashy gfx only get you that far.

I do remember though that the camera in RL was much more 'fixed' on the craft than it was in RS. Perhaps that's just my imagination though....

Ristamar

Falch said:
Yep.

It's probably just some feeling of nostalgia, but I never was able to enjoy Rogue Leader as much as Rogue Squadron. I guess flashy gfx only get you that far.

I do remember though that the camera in RL was much more 'fixed' on the craft than it was in RS. Perhaps that's just my imagination though....

Hmm. The 'chase cam' didn't pop up as much in Rogue Squadron (if it even had one, I don't remember). That certainly makes the camera seem less jerky.

Top Bottom