• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Star Wars game of all-time?

FoneBone

hobbitx said:
My all-time favorite is a tie between the JK series and oddly enough, the japanese SW game Namco made for NES. Out of all the games I've played that had lightsaber combat, that one little NES game convinced me I was holding a saber more than any of the newer games. The sabers really had a cool, thin, slick look unlike those glowing baseball bats from the Snes games, and it glowed like a real saber, and it made the coolest little sound. It wasn't the best SW game by any measure, but for me, someone who has always enjoyed the movies from the Jedi perspective, I loved playing it. Too bad it never got a sequel, at least I think it didn't.
It certainly was the only Star Wars game where Darth Vader turns into a giant scorpion...

Doom_Bringer said:

I agree with Doom Bringer. Knights of the old Republic is one of the best Star Wars ever made. also put the old Atari arcade game and the Sega model 1 and 3 Star Wars games.

hobbitx

FoneBone said:
It certainly was the only Star Wars game where Darth Vader turns into a giant scorpion...

:lol :lol I'll definitely give you that, there was alot of weird shit in that game that had nothing to do with SW.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
1- Tie fighter

tiefight_screen004.jpg

tiefight_screen001.jpg

2- Jedi knight : Dark forces 2

jediknig_screen001.jpg

jediknig_screen005.jpg

3- KOTOR

k_screen002.jpg

k_screen017.jpg

I pity the fool who hasnt played Tie Fighter, well now it would be pretty hard to go back to it without nostalgia since it really didnt age well, but back then, it was pure crack.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I agree with the above selection list.

God was I hooked on Tie Fighter a decade ago. Loved doing the unique side missions direct for the emperor outside of progression.

Back in 1998 I also thought Jedi Knight 1 was superior to Half-Life. Loved that game.

Kotor on the other hand...I've played better Bioware games and I have also played better Star Wars games. Good but hardly outstanding.

LAMBO

Tie Fighter is my favorite, dark forces is also a very good series, most eveything else hasn't been very good to me.

AirBrian said:
In honor of the DVDs coming out next Tuesday (09/21), what is your favorite Star Wars game of all-time for any console or PC?

For me, it's:

sesb.jpg

That is the hardest, cheapest designed game I have ever played. When I was getting can hit from offscreen causing me and my tauntaun to drop into the chasms below for the 50th time I fucking ripped the SNES controller right out of the desk, grabbed it by the cord and continually whipped it into the floor. I hate that game with an absolute passion.

X-Wing is easily my favorite Star Wars game. If only the GC Rouge Squadron games had those kind of flight dynamics and level of control (as well as general structure).

Do stores like Best Buy sell the X-wing and Tie Fighter compilations? I haven't seen them if so.

I'd probably have to go with Star Wars,I played those vector graphics just about every single day after school at the local pizza house. Super Star Wars for the SNES would follow close behind,I remember calling every store the week it was released. I eventually had to rent the game at a WhereHouse music store for a week straight because I didn't pre order the game as it was sold out for a few weeks. Super Star Wars was a game that I played with friends,passing the controller around with a circle of geeky friends at that time. I remember being blown away at the level where you had to escape the DeathStar as countless TIE FIGHTERS were flying by,where you had to platform over them to progress through this stage. So much fun and very intense to say the least.

Mashing

Tie Fighter Collectors CD

Not only is this is the best Star Wars game by far, it's also one of the best games of all time. So much fun that game was.

Top Bottom