• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI probing attempted hack of Trump Organization, officials say

Lf2MsOK.gif

"The FBI’s involvement could come with some risks, Frankel said, both for the company and the president. In the course of its investigation, the FBI could get access to the Trump Organization’s computer network, meaning FBI agents could possibly find records connected to other investigations."

So, the FBI hacked them so they could get more access... Genius

Inner-G? More like inner me! get out of my head speaking my thoughts before even I have them.

If it wasn't the FBI directly, or was someone with the same end goal in mind.
Hack and leak, or attempt hack and force FBI to gain access to the same information anyway.

Cuburt

The timeline is crazy since that would mean this could have been the thing that triggered Trump to fire Comey.

That explains why Trump publicly flipped out about thinking he's not under investigation since this could be how he found out, when the FBI is like "What's this here? Oops, looks like we have to keep investigating since Trump is actually under investigation".

It also could explain why there were reports Comey asked for more resources while the DOJ denies it since this would be a reason the investigation accelerated unexpectedly.

Top Bottom