• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season One - Sundays on AMC

Completly irrelevant to the discussion right now but not thread worthy. Am I the only one who thinks this show and the walking dead should have been an anthology like True Detective? I know there are fan favorites but in a show set in the zombie apocolypse it would have been cool to see different people each season.
I also understand how the shows are based off a comic.

BokehKing

Banned
It's refreshing because I did not read a comic to spoil the hell out of the story for me, anyone could get it
Completly irrelevant to the discussion right now but not thread worthy. Am I the only one who thinks this show and the walking dead should have been an anthology like True Detective? I know there are fan favorites but in a show set in the zombie apocolypse it would have been cool to see different people each season.
Maybe this show could be, but the original series is based off a long standing comic series, it would make no sense to do that.

Slayven

Yeah they could have did a side show. Because there is so many stories they hinted at, that you will never know. Like the chick in the trunk Glenn killed or the dudes in the sleeping bags camped out in the building in Atlanta. The lady in the barn

Well, God could actually respond!

repent.half.jpg

oneils

Anything to stop the constant pissing and moaning in the main show. I just want to see zombies fuck shit up. I'm kind of tired of the characters constantly second guessing themselves.

Effect

The tension building in this is pretty good. I actually wish Walking Dead took place in more urban areas for this reason. You never now what is around the corner, under that table, etc. Sure you can do the same with the wilderness but something about an urban setting is even more scared. Especially since you can not get away as easily. One wrong turn and you're done.

Funny story. I make Android apps and some guy paid me for a bunch of licenses for one of my apps on some tablet he was creating that was all offline in case of zombie apocalypse. I'm not joking

Grisby

I also understand how the shows are based off a comic.
Yeah, it'd be cool to get different views. Hell, why not get different perspectives of shit going down in France? Japan? Africa?

Be super expensive, but it'd be neat as hell.
Who is the composer? Its really good.
I want to see if it's Bear. Probably say in the credits.

It's refreshing because I did not read a comic to spoil the hell out of the story for me, anyone could get it

Maybe this show could be, but the original series is based off a long standing comic series, it would make no sense to do that.
Right. I forgot that. Although I feel it could work if they had a good team of writers for this new show.

Anything to stop the constant pissing and moaning in the main show. I just want to see zombies fuck shit up. I'm kind of tired of the characters constantly second guessing themselves.
I know exactly what you mean. Some of the episodes just seem to drag on and on with useless dialogue and story points. It really lost steam for me after season 3.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
so he went into a drug den, found a pool of flesh and blood, and she couldn't give a shit. lol.

My favorite was the "are we wrong for killing those cannibals that ate our friends leg and were about to murder us?"
Really... I understand keeping the humanity but after five seasons of getting murdered by zombies and people, you would think they wouldnt second guess themseleves like that.
Btw. Carol and Tyrese episode with the two girls is one of the only highlights late show.

Oh man, I disagree so hard! I love the second guessing and arguments about right and wrong and angsting. This is why Season 2 is my favorite! Because the conflict was so suspenseful and they spent a lot of time dwelling on it and making me invested in the intricacies of their dilemmas. I'm happy that the show isn't zombies ruining everybody's picnics and more about the angst and consequences of the choices they make.

But we all have different taste! It's all good!

Top Bottom