• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
3 slots left! If you haven't entered, follow the rules below!

Alright my friends, it's time for the WrassleGAF Mascot Royal Rumble! This event will take place IN THE NEAR FUTURE but it needs YOUR help to be a success!

Here's how it works:

You pick a wrestler, current or from days of yore - any promotion, and submit it in the form below along with your GAF Username and your "verification code"

What is the verification code?
YOU will PM -ME- with a special code that you'll put in the box. It can be anything from n#5j190dp to "big dildos" - but the reason you PM the code to me when you fill out the form is so I can authenticate that it's your entry. I don't want someone saying "I pick Hornswoggle, my name is Soulplaya!" - so this adds an extra step, but keeps us nice and secure.

So what happens? I pick a wrestler and wait?
Pretty much. However you enter a blood pact with me and the rest of WrassleGAF - whoever wins the WrassleGAF Mascot Royal Rumble, you have to change your avatar to that wrestler. High stakes - what if Brodus Clay wins?

However, it's up to you if you want to select a SERIOUS WrassleGAF mascot or a SILLY one.

If we have more than 40 entries, people WILL get cut out - namely, ones I can't find in the community creations. It would behoove you and the rest of this event to pick at least somewhat popular or known wrestlers to ensure their inclusion. TNA, WWE, WCW, WWF legends, NJPW, AJPW, anything goes - as long as it exists out there.

So remember - fill out the form, PM me your verification code, and let's GET IT ON.

Here is the form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13RJM8OILMoQDD06qtVLtyWCrn1rHN6Q55vuw8aK7NNc/viewform

REMEMBER. IF YOU SUBMIT A WRESTLER TO BE THE MASCOT, YOU -MUST- CHANGE YOUR AVATAR TO WHOEVER THE WINNER IS! Don't welch!

n500049541_2485_8062.jpg

Booyakah

DF295247-B97D-4ADA-B9B5-AA7017F71C8E-15392-00000B44C7FB6E04_zps2afd8f47.jpg

For the ladies

884B364A-C926-4530-85A2-976443DDD3C3-15392-00000B44C1D97129_zpse52261dc.jpg

A09B05C9-20C9-4259-8C3F-F31514CB0538-15392-00000B44B5472AC1_zps064dbcbe.jpg

I think I'm done now.

strobogo

Banned
If they don't try to expand too fast I think it could work out for them. As long as they stick to doing venues about the size of the Impact Zone they'll be able to get in to some cities that don't get to experience live pro wrestling any other way. The logistics of moving that many people around the country weekly will be a huge cost, though. I hope they're prepared for it.

I want it work out for them. I have very little faith considering how terrible the business people for TNA have been since day one. At some point Panda has to pull the backing, right?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hah, those drapes don't match my drapes.

And I lied one more. This from a Smackdown that had Punk vs Taker

Dammit, I was at that show. The one where Punk banged on the coffin with a chair and Teddy was in there?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, me and the Bar Fly were there in front.

Ahh! I was on hard camera in the front! I had a sweet-ass REGAL :mad: sign. Staff took away the pro-Punk signs my pals brought with us, and that's also the night I met Punk at an IHOP.

You Multi-Mask Marks!

I'd love to have my own one designed, but I'm sure that'd cost a fair bit. It'd be a bit like the Hooligan mask I have, but with a Dasher Hatfield mustache on it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I should make a custom mask where the mouth-hole is like a Goatse.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here are all the users who submitted entrants to the WrassleGAF Mascot Rumble - all of you will be changing your avatars soon, so don't welch. We watchin'.

Sunflower
Mr. Sandman
Laserfrog
Professor Beef
FallingEdge
Clint Beastwood
Bootaaay
Pavaloo
McNei1y
Slightconfuse
Dave Meltzer
gurudyne
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!!
Perspicacity
billriccio
DyslexicAlucard
Ubertag
Tom f'N Cruise
ghostmind
Sabucin
CrunchinJelly
Htown
Reneledarker
bean breath
cagey
nihontiger90
Speedy Blue Dude
HarryDemeanor
jred2k
Mr. Luchador
Aiii
Str0ngStyle
mrboo001
killing_joke
Jeff Albertson
Phoenixazure
Entropia
B M ARAGON
bart jr
jmdajr
Johnz
lunchbox
Shark Johnson

Ahh! I was on hard camera in the front! I had a sweet-ass REGAL :mad: sign. Staff took away the pro-Punk signs my pals brought with us, and that's also the night I met Punk at an IHOP.
We were on the side they shoot from. I bet I appreciated your sign. Sadly I didn't crave pancakes that night.

Johnz

Neo Member
I have a friend who is a bit of a sociopath..and he happens to live in Charlotte..So the flair were close family friend living in the same area..Rick actually went to his childhood birthday party and lived in a nearby neighborhood.

So my friend actually stole David Flair's wallet in elementary school, and then at various points he'd mess with him when he would make wrestling appearances..This would go on until my friend would be sent to military school. Yeah not great of him.

In addition at one point all the kids at school were discussing whether wrestling was real or not you know the childhood type arguments and Rick drove up..and so they asked him..and he outright was like "yeah it's fake."

He still sees Rick in grocery stores from time to time...Rick Flair hates him..not that I can really blame the guy..

And then another friend of mine one time saw Rick Flair in a grocery store. He was just sorta talking with the manager..and they walk to the back..My doesn't really think anything of this..and then he hears snorting sounds coming out of one of the employee's only doors..and then he hears WOOOOO!

so yeah..silly Rick Flair possibly doing cocaine in a grocery store.

I really want a custom design for Abra Cadaver but I'm not artsy.

This guy made a custom for the Bridezilla and I like it http://www.etsy.com/shop/RomeroAP?ref=seller_info
I think it wasn't too bad price wise

I liked the Magician mask the best out of all the ones you've shown. That's a good gimmick! I've always had this idea of being a masked wrestler, called Mr. Luchador, but he hates flipping and flopping and is anti-luchalibre. He'd be an English Gentleman and often drink tea, speaking with a calm English accent, in English. But I guess that's just kinda like Matt Classic, except the tea part.

I liked the Magician mask the best out of all the ones you've shown. That's a good gimmick! I've always had this idea of being a masked wrestler, called Mr. Luchador, but he hates flipping and flopping and is anti-luchalibre. He'd be an English Gentleman and often drink tea, speaking with a calm English accent, in English. But I guess that's just kinda like Matt Classic, except the tea part.

Thanks the only drawback to me is that it's an El Santo mask. I want something I can add to it to make it mine but I don't know what it's missing or would enhance it.

I like Mr Luchador, like an across the pond Matt Classic.

Here are all the users who submitted entrants to the WrassleGAF Mascot Rumble - all of you will be changing your avatars soon, so don't welch. We watchin'.

Sunflower
Mr. Sandman
Laserfrog
Professor Beef
FallingEdge
Clint Beastwood
Bootaaay
Pavaloo
McNei1y
Slightconfuse
Dave Meltzer
gurudyne
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!!
Perspicacity
billriccio
DyslexicAlucard
Ubertag
Tom f'N Cruise
ghostmind
Sabucin
CrunchinJelly
Htown
Reneledarker
bean breath
cagey
nihontiger90
Speedy Blue Dude
HarryDemeanor
jred2k
Mr. Luchador
Aiii
Str0ngStyle
mrboo001
killing_joke
Jeff Albertson
Phoenixazure
Entropia
B M ARAGON
bart jr
jmdajr
Johnz
lunchbox
Shark Johnson
Are we changing our avatars when someone wins or before the rumble to champion our picks?

Pavaloo

Just saw the JBL and Cole show, god damn I'm marking hard for Sandow. "start the clock." boom, served. He should cut promos like that.

About to leave for the AIW show. AR Fox couldn't fly in today due to the weather on the east coast so Elgin will have a mystery opponent tonight, but the rest of the card is stacked! I'm really looking forward to the show!

541524_10152526447785082_871245487_n.jpg

539593_10152523670060082_2098006716_n.jpg

bonus match

531667_10152530119250082_388889173_n.jpg

Oh, Onita, you magnificent crazy bastard;

iKTF34Zd3ipRs.JPG

ip8YrRkgvCuap.JPG

ibpGjrSWJ7yhj8.JPG

iR5kSiLlPcLbZ.JPG

ioiT6HoQF2365.JPG

ibu4vcYceokugY.JPG

iQIvPxVt8ok9j.JPG

id5fU1boW8GbX.JPG

About to leave for the AIW show. AR Fox couldn't fly in today due to the weather on the east coast so Elgin will have a mystery opponent tonight, but the rest of the card is stacked! I'm really looking forward to the show!

Enjoy man, looks like a great show! Shame about AR Fox, but hopefully they get someone great to face Elgin. Alexander vs Vega should be fun, looking forward to seeing how it turns out once the show is released.

It's crazy how super over Onita remains, it's a shame he'll never work with one of the big companies and insists on trying to restart FMW - I'd love to see him get a short run in New Japan. For some reason my mind has made up that Onita vs Nakamura would make for a fucking amazing feud.

Bootaaay, you watch any of the fantasticamania matches yet?

Not yet, gonna watch Nakamura vs La Sombra and a few of the other matches tomorrow.

On a random tangent, I noticed some new DDT is up;

Kenny Omega (c) vs Isami Kodaka (c) - KO-D Openweight & DDT Extreme Title Match - (DDT 01/27/13)

Top Bottom