• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Aiii

So not worth it
600441_469270049793065_768061350_n.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Mike Tenay's crazy heel interviews might be my favorite bad part of WCW 2000. He was legit creepy!

He was such a raging cunt. And it came out of nowhere, too. One day he was the Professor, and the next interview he's being as much of a shit head as possible to everyone if when there is no reason for it. He's a dick to the faces, a dick to the heels, and a fucking asshole to the women. I can't believe they didn't have Steiner fuck him up after talking to Midajah that way.

Also, what happened to Russo booking Tenay in a match on Nitro? They just didn't mention it again.

He was such a raging cunt. And it came out of nowhere, too. One day he was the Professor, and the next interview he's being as much of a shit head as possible to everyone if when there is no reason for it. He's a dick to the faces, a dick to the heels, and a fucking asshole to the women. I can't believe they didn't have Steiner fuck him up after talking to Midajah that way.

Also, what happened to Russo booking Tenay in a match on Nitro? They just didn't mention it again.

Mike Tenay just looks goofy whenever he's doing anything on camera. Those angry interviews he did in TNA have me in stitches everytime I see 'em.

jejejejejejeje

Kaladin

TNA will be moving out of the Impact Zone permanently once they tape their "One Night Only" PPVs there in March. The company is ending their lease with Universal Studios Orlando and after the tapings, will pack up their production, rings and sets. They have been regularly taping TV there since leaving the Nashville Fairgrounds for the facility in June 2004. It truly is the end of an era for a venue that was actually an awesome intimate venue live, but also one that never really had its live energy translated to TV and PPV broadcasts. TNA is dropping the expenditures of the live monthly PPV and the Impact Zone to put that money into running tapings on the road every other week.

I might have to go to those One Night Only PPVs.

YES! I finally got my hands on the Kenta Kobashi box-set NOAH released in 2007 after Kobashi kicked cancer's ass, 22 hours of Kobashi career retrospective in glorious 60fps digitally remastered goodness :)

ibeTlmpMucm2wz.gif

Kaladin

Jeff Hardy's new deal with TNA is a two year deal, locking him in for the company till February 2015.

So I guess after this title run is over, he won't be champ again till Bound For Glory 2014.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
YES! I finally got my hands on the Kenta Kobashi box-set NOAH released in 2007 after Kobashi kicked cancer's ass, 22 hours of Kobashi career retrospective in glorious 60fps digitally remastered goodness :)

Is this some like 51 match extravaganza? I have a pal who ONLY pirates wrestling and it makes me sad, and he was talking about this yesterday. :/

Is this some like 51 match extravaganza? I have a pal who ONLY pirates wrestling and it makes me sad, and he was talking about this yesterday. :/

Yep, that's the one - glad I could find a copy, as the set is out of print and costs about $200. Gives me something to watch before New Japan on Sunday.

I also got a set of all 35 Clash of the Champions - watching the first one now, Luger & Windham vs Arn & Tully :)

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, it seems like a huge financial risk that will probably kill the company if it doesn't work out. I can't see TNA as a true touring company in the environment pro wrestling has been in for a decade. If this was a late 90s thing, maybe. But right now with a bunch of dudes who are still nationally unknown (even if they've been on TV for 8 years) and WWE guys that no one cared about to begin with? I don't know. My gut says the egos of the people in charge will book venues way too big for them to fill. That or they'll run the same few cities over and over until it turns into another Impact Zone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, that's the one - glad I could find a copy, as the set is out of print and costs about $200. Gives me something to watch before New Japan on Sunday.

I also got a set of all 35 Clash of the Champions - watching the first one now, Luger & Windham vs Arn & Tully :)

!! That's excellent. CotC was always really fun when it'd come on, on TV. Felt special, like a PPV, but wasn't. It was good times. I remember being a kid and loving the crowd and feel, loved that it was live. Sighh...that's a nice set Bootaaay...

Yeah, it seems like a huge financial risk that will probably kill the company if it doesn't work out. I can't see TNA as a true touring company in the environment pro wrestling has been in for a decade. If this was a late 90s thing, maybe. But right now with a bunch of dudes who are still nationally unknown (even if they've been on TV for 8 years) and WWE guys that no one cared about to begin with? I don't know. My gut says the egos of the people in charge will book venues way too big for them to fill. That or they'll run the same few cities over and over until it turns into another Impact Zone.

Well, they managed to draw decent crowds in the UK recently, but I guess that's not really going to matter. I always figure that us guys in the UK are so desperate for real American wrestling we'll pack out any show put on over here.

Kaladin

TNA dropped monthly PPVs and have dropped their lease on the Impact Zone to fund taping on the road, so it probably isn't that much of a difference for them financially.

If anything, they have added income because every show they did in the Impact Zone was Free General Admission, except for the VIP packages they sold for PPVs at $100 each. So every ticket sold to an Impact Taping is money in the black for them now.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think TNA will gain alot of momentum, exposure and ultimatly viewers from this.

Sure, it won't be overnight, but fresh crowds and bigger crowds that give a better experience on screen and live? Totally for it, it improves the show alot.

Hadn't realised they had dropped PPVs from their schedule. That's pretty interesting, and almost welcoming. Far too many PPVs floating around between all the different promotions, considering the products are poor, the general hype around wrestling is flat and the 'extra money' people have to spend.

Also, what's early 90's Smokey Mountain Wrestling like? I see a collection available.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hadn't realised they had dropped PPVs from their schedule. That's pretty interesting, and almost welcoming. Far too many PPVs floating around between all the different promotions, considering the products are poor, the general hype around wrestling is flat and the 'extra money' people have to spend.

Also, what's early 90's Smokey Mountain Wrestling like? I see a collection available.

Pretty neat, but it has a lot of country-ass Cornetteisms. I think Cornette is a great guy with an awesome mind for the business, and he knew how to work people well and book them. Worth watchin.

Pretty neat, but it has a lot of country-ass Cornetteisms. I think Cornette is a great guy with an awesome mind for the business, and he knew how to work people well and book them. Worth watchin.

I'll check that out then. There's a whole host of wrestling from the late 80s and 90s I want to watch again (or for the first time).

AAA seems to get some good write ups from around then.

jred2k

If they don't try to expand too fast I think it could work out for them. As long as they stick to doing venues about the size of the Impact Zone they'll be able to get in to some cities that don't get to experience live pro wrestling any other way. The logistics of moving that many people around the country weekly will be a huge cost, though. I hope they're prepared for it.

Top Bottom