• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Sephzilla

In GWF I, is the booking based on the 2k computer or will Sephzilla be holding the controller?

Computer. Nothing can match the amazing hilarity of 2Kuality

DL5BuHp.png

jmdajr

I was confused how Bliss was champ again, but I'm up to speed now.

Not that Naomi losing already would have totally surprised me.

klonere

Banned
Preview of the tag match feat me as Mochizuki (Heroman elsewhere dealing with stupid young boys)

FWjLqAV.gif

Preview of the Rumble

FWjLqAV.gif

Preview of all our upcoming matches

FWjLqAV.gif

Caderfix

Seph only controls his caw, so he always wins.

When his CAW is not involved, he controls Zach's to make sure it wins, then feeds it to his in order to look strong. That's why he ate Zach's finisher 50 times and still won the match. Seph is actually Vince McMahon.

Sephzilla

Dirtsheets are saying Kornflayx and Syder already have heat backstage

When his CAW is not involved, he controls Zach's to make sure it wins, then feeds it to his in order to look strong. That's why he ate Zach's finisher 50 times and still won the match. Seph is actually Vince McMahon.

Which means you should know to not cross the boss!

DaMeltz said:
Sephzilla is scared of how over OwensIsNow has gotten so refuses tp put him in a significant singles match. He hopes that this will cause him to get lost in the shuffle and be eventually forgotten. URAH URAH URAH
Scoopz

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, the problem with the Performance Center is that everyone who trains there comes off as super green because they aren't actually wrestling any matches. These people need to be consistently wrestling in front of crowds until they aren't green, not sitting around effectively being contractually tied to a gym.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So what exactly is brie mode? A form of transportation?

A megazord thing?

My guess is that if you somehow got Daniel Bryan to answer this question on Talking Smack, he'd argue it was some kind of mating call/foreplay.

A while ago I think I saw something on wreddit about something Meltzer and Alvarez said about a big difference between OVW and the Performance Center is that in the PC the guys there are mostly learning drills and don't wrestle much actual matches, whereas in OVW they would toss guys into matches at random where they had to make everything up on the spot and they would learn from that.

Angry Grimace

A while ago I think I saw something on wreddit about something Meltzer and Alvarez said about a big difference between OVW and the Performance Center is that in the PC the guys there are mostly learning drills and don't wrestle much actual matches, whereas in OVW they would toss guys into matches at random where they had to make everything up on the spot and they would learn from that.

I recall that as well. He said the problem is that these people just aren't working real matches, and to the extent they are, its just drills and practice matches not in front of crowds.

The problem is that NXT-TV doesn't exist in a way that helps the actual developmental people much. It exists in a way to put over a bunch of older established guys who WWE wants to put on the main roster but who need something to "do" until such time as they're ready to bring them in. Sure, they run NXT house shows where the greener guys get to wrestle, but in the end they're still kind of forced to throw Nakamura/Roode/Ohno out there to please the fans and those guys have no actual need to do much of anything beyond get their reps in because they know how to wrestle.

I'm a little surprised they don't actually just send their guys out to Evolve or one of any number of other promotions to get more matches in. The whole "you can't be on TV for another promotion while signed to WWE" doesn't seem very calculated to do much of anything.

Angry Grimace

Would anyone actually go to a wwe sponsored show entirely of green pc people?

What a weird sentence that is btw

Those existed the entire time before NXT/FCW were implemented. The point isn't to get people to go to them, but I can't see why they'd necessarily be any less popular than any other indie WWE has run, e.g. OVW.

NXT is still a decent show, but its hard to argue its actually developmentally focused as opposed to just being WWE's version of a bigger indie, e.g. Ring of Honor from a few years back.

NXT aren't creating any new stars anytime soon. The main event scene for the past year has composed of people over the age of 35 and that doesn't look to be changing anytime soon if Roode vs Hero is the next big feud they go for.

Angry Grimace

NXT aren't creating any new stars anytime soon. The main event scene for the past year has composed of people over the age of 35 and that doesn't look to be changing anytime soon if Roode vs Hero is the next big feud they go for.

I mean, I don't think it *matters* whether someone's 30 or 35 in a fake sport (the entire main roster is average like 33 - Jason Jordan is the youngest at 27) but if they had the next Rock in NXT, it would be obvious and they'd be pushed to the moon. These older guys are keeping WWE afloat because they don't have anyone to mold into a star to begin with.

Has NXT created any stars at all?

I mean, the answer to that is no, but its not the PC's fault or NXT's fault. The only legitimate superstar they've brought into the company in the last half a decade is AJ Styles, who a) didn't have to do NXT and b) randomly turned into an A-tier promo to the surprise of basically everyone.

There must be a lot of unsold tickets for tonight's NXT TV taping with how much they're pushing it on social media. They announced a Nakamura vs TJP match and a Balor appearance. You can still get tickets as close as third row on the floor on Ticketmaster.

I mean, the answer to that is no, but its not the PC's fault or NXT's fault. The only legitimate superstar they've brought into the company in the last half a decade is AJ Styles, who a) didn't have to do NXT and b) randomly turned into an A-tier promo to the surprise of basically everyone.

Yeah, I know is not NXT's fault because that being WWE's developmental territory is a lie they keep telling themselves.

Charlotte? Bayley? Sasha? Bray? Rusev?

I'll grant most of the current women's on the main roster, sure, but I mean, Bray's been like since forever with the company.

Also, that really isn't much to keep calling NXT a developmental brand, let alone a successful one.

NXT wise I would say Charlotte's the biggest success. No prior wrestling training before hitting the PC and she's been hugely successful.

Roman was FCW mainly, the same for Bray, Rusev and Big-E too I think.

Angry Grimace

Reigns is probably the biggest star and he was mostly fcw.

The Shield appeared on the main roster before they appeared on NXT. Neither Ambrose or Reigns really counts. Rollins was a known quantity before NXT too.

I don't think Reigns really counts anyways. He's the biggest star in the sense that he's booked to win the most. The actual "stars" on the main roster are basically Styles and Cena, and even then Cena's on a different level than Styles is.

Syder

TJP vs Nakamura and Roode vs Ohno for tonight's NXT tapings.

I want to see Nak shoot Bomaye Perkins back to the bush leagues.

Syder

It depends how much you want to put down to raw talent and how much credit you want to give to the development system. I have no doubt Bray would've done well outside of FCW+NXT (and he's from a big wrasslin' family). Same goes for Rusev and Big E.

somedevil

Big E is mostly FCW and is arguably the best thing on that list. Enzo? Really?

Big E was a NXT champion as well.

Enzo is on the list because he is popular with the crowd no matter how many complain on this thread about him. The crowd cheers him and repeats his catch phrases. They are the new version of the new age outlaws.

Also, American Alpha should be on the list as well.

Top Bottom