• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Feel the Magic: XY/XX - Gamespot preview + screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventure/kiminotamenarashineru/preview_6111991.html

924307_20041101_screen001.jpg

924307_20041101_screen002.jpg

924307_20041101_screen003.jpg

924307_20041101_screen004.jpg

I am telling you right now that the minigame pictured is the AWESOMEST THING EVER.

I used to be sort-of mildly interested in Feel The Magic, but now I'm full-on jonesing for November 21.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
that sounds pretty neat, actually. rather like incredible crisis. i was worried that they'd emphasize the dating elements, and that it'd end up a very stylish tokimeki memorial. although it should've been clear from the art direction that they were never going that way.

drohne said:
i was concerned that they'd emphasize the dating elements.

It's only a dating game in the sense that Super Mario Bros. was a dating game, because you were trying to get the guy over to the girl.

And it's like Incredible Crisis, if Incredible Crisis were, you know. Playable. I'd call it more like Wario Ware, but with longer--but no less charming--games.

I kinda like the "dating" ideas (isn't that what the XX/XY stands for?), I think that would make it appeal more to regular people than just gamers (something the DS really needs).

But no one really seems to know what type of game this is exactly.

neptunes

I have a feeling that the game will be short (and gimmicky), but I still want it :D
When can we expect ds game reviews?

Be sure to wach the video preview, it really shows off the game well. This looks really really nice. Though sadly, I think I'm going to have to skip over it, but I'm having second thoughts now.

snapty00

Banned
Is this game fun overall so far?

I want to like it, but on the other hand, I don't want to fall for the classic "overhype by GAF because it's a Japanese game with a shitty artstyle." Some of the mini-games do sound interesting, but for those who have played, is it fun?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i love incredible crisis. in spite of the fact that i need to switch between a pad and a joystick just to navigate its various sadistic button-mashing challenges. or no, perhaps because of that fact. even pure button-mashing attains some intrigue if you push it to ridiculous extremes. i forget the engrish catchphrase they use, but the game is stressful by design.

Andy787

Banned
Society said:
Not 3D, 6D !
Haha.

Anyway, fuck yeah, this game looks so awesome. This is the best looking Sega game I've seen in a long, long time, this is the Sega I love. :D

Man, blowing on the mic to steer your raft.. awesome.

Jonnyram said:
Ohhh, I thought it was ソニック・チーム
Well. It's a project of the UGA half of Sonic Team. True, there may have been some crossover since the tribes merged, but...

Jonnyram

Kobun Heat said:
Well. It's a project of the UGA half of Sonic Team. True, there may have been some crossover since the tribes merged, but...
It doesn't matter. I always loved Sonic Team anyway, except for this gen's Sonic abominations ;)

Rlan

I'm surprised at the lack of Sonic Team logo, you'd think they would add it, even if it's the UGA section.

Vibri

Banned
I played it. It's fun for a while, but uhm, just 30 mini games? You can get through them in like half a day.

Cool game as a tech demo but I wouldn't pay $40 for it.

john tv

Dunno why everyone's calling this a UGA game. The producer is Sonic Team, yo. The director was UGA. 50/50 if you ask me!

Producer made Phantasy Star Online Episode III, too. The man makes quality stuff.

jarrod

Banned
Rlan said:
I'm surprised at the lack of Sonic Team logo, you'd think they would add it, even if it's the UGA section.
Probably has to do with the divisions no lobger being indipendant... maybe no more logos for the various Sega teams?

Ronabo

One of the few games I'm looking forward to playing during the DS's first month.

Looks great. I hope it's fun.

Memles

Vibri said:
I played it. It's fun for a while, but uhm, just 30 mini games? You can get through them in like half a day.

Cool game as a tech demo but I wouldn't pay $40 for it.

$30? Because, you know, that's how much it actually is.

Top Bottom