• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fellow Houstonians. Are you hunkered down?

JohnnyPhats

qzu1qCf.jpeg

ScythD

HEB was a madhouse today, literally gridlock in the parking lot with people fighting for parking spots.

It's not so bad. The power is out, but I'm having a beer and watching it blow through. It's like you can feel the arms and pockets of the storm the exact way it's illustrated.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
It is a CAT 1 hurricane, I just saw a weather report where a weather guy is standing out saying trees are being blown over. But these looked like threes in a car park that had just been planted without established roots.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Power is out. No way I would step foot in an HEB right now, was in costco on Saturday and the line to get gas circled their parking lot.
Watching all the fences in my neighborhood blow around and playing some Elden ring.

ScythD

We just got power back here on the northwest side of town. There are still 1.5 million people without power.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
With the crime, traffic, and weather, not sure how people put up with that city.
Crimes not that bad, best food in all of Texas and the people are awesome. We dont care who you are or where your from just have good vibes and we're good. I can't speak for the suburbs though I'm in the city. Weather is horrible I'll give you that one.

Romulus

Crimes not that bad, best food in all of Texas and the people are awesome. We dont care who you are or where your from just have good vibes and we're good. I can't speak for the suburbs though I'm in the city. Weather is horrible I'll give you that one.

It was top 20 for crime in the US the years I lived there and still is. Never again.

I watch a channel on YT called active self protection and they show violence in the US from various store cameras etc. 80% of the US vids are in Houston lol. The rest are usually Brazil.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
It was top 20 for crime in the US the years I lived there and still is. Never again.

I watch a channel on YT called active self protection and they show violence in the US from various store cameras etc. 80% of the US vids are in Houston lol. The rest are usually Brazil.
Active self protection? Wtf? You can't live scared. St Louis, Memphis, Cleveland, Little Rock, Kansas City are all worse and those are tiny little shitholes. You got to take the good with the bad.

Last edited:

Romulus

Active self protection? Wtf? You can't live scared. St Louis, Memphis, Cleveland, Little Rock, Kansas City are all worse and those are tiny little shitholes. You got to take the good with the bad.

ASP is just an educational channel for concealed carrier folks. Its not about fear, its the legality of scenarios shown and disected. I was responding to your last post that it's not that bad. Statistically it is. Sures there's worse, hell, we could go live in Ukraine. Why don't we? Because theres a much higher chance of death. Houston is incredibly more dangerous than where I live now. No reason to go back along with increased chance of hurricanes.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
"Concealed carry" "Incredibly more dangerous" "increased chances of hurricanes" "not about fear" Lol ok. 51 years in the inner city. NOTHING ever happened to me any of my family or friends anecdotal and all but still. I'll take my chances.

Last edited:

Romulus

"Concealed carry" "Incredibly more dangerous" "increased chances of hurricanes" "not about fear" Lol ok. 51 years in the inner city. NOTHING ever happened to me any of my family or friends anecdotal and all but still. I'll take my chances.

There are people that live in inner city Chicago without any incidents too, that's not the point.

Anyway, it's crazy to me that a fellow Texan is ranting about carrying a gun equaling fear. Or simply feeling like the food isn't worth dealing with thar weather or traffic. "Must be afraid!!"

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
There are people that live in inner city Chicago without any incidents too, that's not the point.

Anyway, it's crazy to me that a fellow Texan is ranting about carrying a gun equaling fear. Or simply feeling like the food isn't worth dealing with thar weather or traffic. "Must be afraid!!"
Lol ranting ok. You hate Houston? Cool. Go be not scared and not paranoid somewhere else. Also don't shoot me.

Trilobit

Wait, there are people from Houston here?
6nW397U.jpeg

Edit: I'm a Scandinavian, but I just wanted to be part of the banter between Americans. I have no idea where Houston is, but I'm gonna presume they wear cowboy hats and eat hamburgers there. Stay safe!
🤠

Last edited:

Romulus

Lol ranting ok. You hate Houston? Cool. Go be not scared and not paranoid somewhere else. Also don't shoot me.

Now I "hate" Houston because I don't want to live there. It's just not my choice.

I like how everything needs to be an extreme description about an opposing view simply because you don't agree. Typical tactic to protect your choices by demonizing others.

I have zero issue with yours, it's just not for me when in my view, I have better options.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Now I "hate" Houston because I don't want to live there. It's just not my choice.

I like how everything needs to be an extreme description about an opposing view simply because you don't agree. Typical tactic to protect your choices by demonizing others.

I have zero issue with yours, it's just not for me when in my view, I have better options.
Says the guy demonizing Houston.

JohnnyPhats

Lol. Not me. I’m a certified gun nut and carry daily.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Romulus Romulus You came to shit on houston in a thread about a hurricane. Double check your doors are locked and your security system is working fine wherever you live and keep your bloodlust in check wouldn't want to go to prison. I'm done replying to you.

Last edited:

Romulus

Romulus Romulus You came to shit on houston in a thread about a hurricane. Double check your doors are locked and your security system is working fine wherever you live and keep your bloodlust in check wouldn't want to go to prison. I'm done replying to you.

Lol you're the most sensitive person I've ever encountered on this forum. 😂
Literally forced to make shit up to bolster your points.

Top Bottom