• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) World Cup Tournament Thread

woodchuck

2weyng5.png

200sg78.jpg

iptslu.jpg

Playoff Rules
Round 1-2: Play home & away games. Lower seed is first home team. OT DOES NOT COUNT. Quit out after regulation if you are tied at the end of either of the first two games.

If aggregate score at end of both games (180m) is tied (THERE IS NO AWAY-GOALS TIEBREAKER, JUST GO BY RAW SCORE), play third game with higher seed hosting, in this game OT and PKs count.

Write down stats and goalscorers and post here as usual (home team writes down stats, so feasibly one person could have stats for two games to post).

Finals: One game, with OT and PKs, winner take all.

READ THE ENTIRE OP. IMPORTANT INFO INSIDE

EST: GMT minus 4
CST: GMT minus 5
MST: GMT minus 6
PST: GMT minus 7

Group A
1.Daigoro - Matty Thorns - EST - Spain
4. sneaky77 - sneaky77 - EST - Argentina
7. Strikevillain - Strikevillain - EST - Portugal
16. Fifty-Che Guevara-EST - Croatia

Group B
11. TSE - GMT+8 - Mexico
2. Cornballer - Cornballer - PST- Brazil
9. ChrisGoldstein - AndresON777 - EST - Russia
10. AstroLad - AstroTheLad - EST - Holland

Group C
3. Exypher- Exypher- GMT + 1- France
6. woodchuck - Dr Tim Whatley - CST - Germany
12. Moe Joe - GMT + 11 - Australia
15. ATF487 / ATF360 / EST - Sweden

Group D
5. Tf53 - Tf53 - GMT+2 - England
8. N.A - AllApologies17 - GMT- Italy
13. Feral Youth / Feral Youth / GMT - Ireland
14. besiktas1/Demirel / GMT - Turkey

sbqalt.jpg

iypv11.jpg

29lcjep.jpg

b48ha1.jpg

Leaderboard : http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p7bN7hrPfCEXdWrNT52rGCg&hl=en

Standings and Groups : http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p7bN7hrPfCEXXu6yHqklHSA&hl=en

Schedule (basically just complete all your matches by April 16th) : http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p7bN7hrPfCEVviDOPKFKHGA&hl=en

GENERAL LEAGUE INFO
Schedule
16 teams

Group Stage:

- April 5 (this Saturday) to April 16
- 4 groups of 4. Top 2 teams from each group advance
- 6 games (play each group opponent twice in any order)

Knockout Round:
- April 16 to April 27

You only need to record the score and goalscorers. don't worry about shots and shots on goal.

BOTH TEAMS SHOULD RECORD THE SCORES AND STATS. ONLY THE HOME TEAM WILL REPORT THE SCORES AND STATS IN THE THREAD. The other team recording the stuff is just in case someone forgets.

IN-GAME STUFF
We will be playing through 7 minute unranked, custom games. To make an unranked custom game:

Xbox Live > Online Game Modes > Fifa 09 Match Creation > Head to Head Play > Create Match > Create Unranked Session > Private Session (yes) and Half Length ( 7 min)

THE HOME TEAM WILL CREATE THE GAME AND SEND THE INVITE.

This will include OT as part of the game… no way to make custom games 90 min. Keep playing in OT to decide the winner. If no one still won, the game will be recorded as a draw. Play PKs JUST FOR FUN…just so you guys can get to the stat screen. PKs ARE NOT PART OF THE OFFICIAL SCORE/STATS.

To schedule your games, there are plenty of options. The easiest way is probably through PM with your opponent or post in this thread.

STATS

To report your scores and stats, just post the relevant info in the Official League Thread. Bold the scores, so we don’t accidentally gloss over your post. We will be keeping track of the scores and stats and will keep updating the thread with the standings and leaderboards.

Relevant Stats:

Score
Goal scorers

CONTROLLER SETTINGS

shooting: any
passing: semi or manual
through ball: assisted or manual
crosses: semi or manual
lob through ball: assisted or manual

IMPORTANT
We realize you guys have lives other than Fifa and Gaf. We know things come up that will prevent you from playing. If you guys let us know beforehand, we can get substitutes to play your games if you’re not able to. Just don’t disappear. Let us know if you’re extremely busy , etc. Be active in the League Thread!

Guide to defending: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...0/364899-how-do-defend-better-101-course.html

Player's Guide (Very Informative): http://www.operationsports.com/foru...ifa09-ea-sports-updated-9-28-56k-warning.html

sneaky77

`Moe Joe. said:
Count me out. Won't be here April 5 (6 here) but will be all of next week.

Soz.

X [/cedeo]

is from april 5th to the 16th, so you can schedule your games for the week..

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
1. Daigoro - Matty Thorns - EST - Spain
3. fivehorizons - fivehorizons - CST- France
11. k0ji-wd - TSE88 - Aust. - Mexico
12. Feral Youth - Feral Youth - GMT
13. besiktas1 - Demirel - GMT
14. ATF487 - ATF360 - EST
15. Open
16. Open

woodchuck

`Moe Joe. said:
Count me out. Won't be here April 5 (6 here) but will be all of next week.

Soz.

X [/cedeo]

it's not every single day. you just need to play the 6 games (with 3 opponents) between april 5 and april 16th

just schedule with your group members when you want to play in this thread or through PM.

since you guys know your group members or most of them, you can start scheduling

woodchuck

i'm going to add moe joe back in the list. simply a misunderstanding. i believe australia was his first choice.

12. Moe Joe - Aust. - Australia
13. Feral Youth - Feral Youth - GMT
14. besiktas1 - Demirel - GMT
15. ATF487 - ATF360 - EST
16. Open

sneaky77

Alright Daigoro, ready when you are

Also, we are doing 2 games against each other, like home and away right? but each game is 3pts?

k0ji-wd said:
While I wait on that MLS final. . . in the meantime Brasil, Holland, Russia available to play?
Do you want to scrimmage? I'm at work now for the next 7 hours, so the weekend might be better for that.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just saw the groups.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yes Grupo Del Muerte indeed. Thankfully I have Kapitein Klutch Ruuuuuuuuuud.

I can probably get in a couple games late tonight.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
12. Moe Joe - Aust. - Australia
13. Feral Youth - Feral Youth - GMT - THE Republic of Ireland
14. besiktas1 - Demirel - GMT
15. ATF487 - ATF360 - EST
16. Open

woodchuck

besiktas mentioned he wanted Turkey

and ATF said sweden

1.Daigoro - Matty Thorns - EST - Spain
11. TSE - GMT+8 - Mexico
12. Moe Joe - GMT + 11 - Australia
13. Feral Youth / Feral Youth / GMT - Ireland
14. besiktas1/Demirel / GMT - Turkey
15. ATF487 / ATF360 / EST - Sweden
16. ??????

still need that last person!

Exypher

Alright guys, I'm not sure how much time I have to spare for this but since you only need one person I'll sign up anyway. My Xbox Live subscription runs out on the 29th of April I think (no money to renew it), but we should be all done by then right?

Here's my signup:
Exypher / Exypher - GMT+2 - Croatia

woodchuck

grkazan12 said:
Yeah I'll go with Greece if there's any room left sorry if I was late in posting.

i noticed your xbox got rrod. is that all taken care of?

Alright guys, I'm not sure how much time I have to spare for this but since you only need one person I'll sign up anyway. My Xbox Live subscription runs out on the 29th of April I think (no money to renew it), but we should be all done by then right?

Here's my signup:
Exypher / Exypher - GMT+2 - Croatia

It looks like grkazan is available for that last spot (he was in the mls league so given priority). ill add you to the waitlist if you still want to play.

Daigoro

which group were you referring to?

mine looks like the group of death.

im not available this weekend until Sunday afternoon/evening. see you guys in a few days.

woodchuck

i'm up for some scrimmages later tonight. i need to get more practice. barely beat koji as mexico. good thing i have Ballack. dude wins every ball in the box :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daigoro said:
which group were you referring to?

mine looks like the group of death.

im not available this weekend until Sunday afternoon/evening. see you guys in a few days.
Group B.

3/4 of the Final 4 in the last league (magicked isn't playing in this tournament so effectively 100% of the available Final 4). And Cornballer who is a very good player and who has Brazil.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Damn that's a brutal draw. I can play games tomorrow and sunday. I've only played 2 games with russia so far and that was against the cpu.

My 360 had messed up but luckily it was just a bad hdmi cable. My backup was given to my brother.

`Moe Joe.

Banned
woodchuck said:
it's not every single day. you just need to play the 6 games (with 3 opponents) between april 5 and april 16th

just schedule with your group members when you want to play in this thread or through PM.

since you guys know your group members or most of them, you can start scheduling

Alright, count me back in. :lol

Quick question, do we kill 2 birds with one stone and play 2 games consecutively with our opponent or do we do the full loop around our other opponents?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
`Moe Joe. said:
Quick question, do we kill 2 birds with one stone and play 2 games consecutively with our opponent or do we do the full loop around our other opponents?
Yeah in leagues usually we have schedules and everything but here you can just play your six games any order.

woodchuck

`Moe Joe. said:
Alright, count me back in. :lol

it's easier to just kill 2 birds with one stone and play the games back to back

woodchuck

Germany 1 - 3 Australia

Australia
Viduka
McDonald (2)

Germany
Podolski

good games moe joe. you really got me on the counter in this game

`Moe Joe.

Banned
Jinxed home stadiums :lol :lol

My home game against Woodchuck - Australia v.s Germany.

Germany win 5-1

9' Podolski

36' Klose

49' Ballack

54' Podolski

57' Klose

60' Bresciano

k0ji-wd

66 minutes played of Mexico vs Netherlands with insane input lag and now Astro has gone offline, whats this conspiracy from the oranje?!

INQUEST!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sorry dude it just wasn't even letting me pause anymore i am fine with just taking the score as is

4-1 mexico wins
goalscorers: rvp and some mexicans

we've had about half our games pretty fine and half really bad lag (probably australia-->ny thing) i guess we should just be wary of it in the first 10m and bail and retry if it is like it was today.

Top Bottom