• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) World Cup Tournament Thread

k0ji-wd

AstroLad said:
sorry dude it just wasn't even letting me pause anymore i am fine with just taking the score as is

4-1 mexico wins
goalscorers: rvp and some mexicans

goddamn i was on a roll! :lol

i think it might be your connection, or a combo of both of ours, game 3 of our mls semi final was similar whereas i haven't really had a problem with the other games. . .i'm actually in hong kong atm, so the distance thing 'shouldn't' really be a problem since i'm on relatively the same connection here (4M ADSL2) and alot closer

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
k0ji-wd said:
goddamn i was on a roll! :lol

i think it might be your connection, or a combo of both of ours, game 3 of our mls semi final was similar whereas i haven't really had a problem with my other games. . .
i dunno never really had troubles with anyone else either so i think it is the latter

you were definitely on the best roll i have ever seen in turn-based soccer, yes a shame

k0ji-wd

AstroLad said:
i dunno never really had troubles with anyone else either so i think it is the latter

you were definitely on the best roll i have ever seen in turn-based soccer, yes a shame

little did you know we were playing a beta for the new DLC in which EA have taken the whole card trading thing to a new extreme

and just for consistency, 'some mexicans' were C. vela x3 and a guy called guardado

AndresON777

shooting blanks
k0ji-wd said:
When do you want to do OUR games dude? :D

Today will be fine I'm home after 4:30 eastern. So you're in hong kong, I was hoping you were at home so you could dvr our match. Maybe I'd get hot and beat you lol

edit-if the lags bad lets just do one game I think we got like 10 days

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
you're cursed but i'm fucked! 1-5 is my prediction. I'll sneak a win somewhere in there once I finally figure out the proper formation/tactics for Dutchland.

bring on the epl!

woodchuck

just an fyi to everyone, i've found that it's easier to schedule your games through PM and decide on a specific date and time

k0ji-wd

AstroLad said:
you're cursed but i'm fucked! 1-5 is my prediction. I'll sneak a win somewhere in there once I finally figure out the proper formation/tactics for Dutchland.

bring on the epl!

so we're doing EPL? in that case maybe i should just throw my games for this so I don't ge stuck with Middlesborough

besiktas1

Just lost 2-1 to feralyouth after beating him 0-5, serves me right for taking the piss :(

Posting off phone will update when i get on laptop

Game 1:

Ireland vs Turkey
Feral Youth 0 - 5 Demirel

Goals

Turkey: Nihat (2) Altintop (3)

Game 2:

Turkey vs Ireland
Demirel 1 - 2 Feral Youth

Goals

Turkey: Nihat (1)

Ireland: Robbie Keane (2)

Game 3

Ireland vs Italy
Feral Youth 1 - 1 AllApologies17

Goals
Ireland: Steven Reid (1)

Italy: De Rossi (1)

Game 4

Italy vs Ireland
AllApologies17 2 -0 Feral Youth

Goals
Italy: Camoranesi (1), Di Natale (1)

woodchuck

Feral Youth said:
Game 1:

Ireland vs Turkey
Feral Youth 0 - 5 Demirel

Goals

Turkey: Nihat (2) Altintop (3)

Game 2:

Turkey vs Ireland
Demirel 1 - 2 Feral Youth

Goals

Turkey: Nihat (1)

Ireland: Robbie Keane (2)

Game 3

Ireland vs Italy
Feral Youth 1 - 1 AllApologies17

Goals
Ireland: Steven Reid (1)

Italy: De Rossi (1)

Game 4

Italy vs Ireland
AllApologies17 2 -0 Feral Youth

Goals
Italy: Camoranesi (1), Di Natale (1)

nice. someone read the OP!

although, you didnt have to report the scores/stats when you were the away team. i dont care if you do/do not, it's just extra work for you. and it should be your opponent's responsibility

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
If any of you guys are around for our games I'll be available to play the next several hours. PEACE

Holland 1 - 0 Brazil

Kuyt with the goal.

gallery36_470x300.jpg

Oh wait, that's Dowie.

Good game, Astro.

k0ji-wd

fuck i'm on a shitty run, i had way worse lag today than last night Astro, guess you got the luck tonight though

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Close (ugly) enough Cornballer.
fuck i'm on a shitty run, i had way worse lag today than last night Astro, guess you got the luck tonight though
haha yeah we just don't have a love connection. lag was quite ok in the first half for me, second half it got a bit spotty but i thought it was definitely better than last maybe it was just vice versa of last game (i.e. maybe last game i felt the lag more). he who lags least wins. ah well.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The Abomination at Azteca

Mexico vs. Netherlands
k0ji-wd 0 - 4 AstroLad

Goals
Netherlands: RVP, RVN (2), RVDV (okay, that's Van Der Vaart)

k0ji-wd

AstroLad said:
The Abomination at Azteca

Mexico vs. Netherlands
k0ji-wd 0 - 4 AstroLad

Goals
Netherlands: RVP, RVN (2), RVDV (okay, that's Van Der Vaart)

lol, i didn't even know who the fucked scored for you besides the sublime rvp first, at least my performances are consistent with the actual Mexico atm

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
k0ji-wd said:
lol, i didn't even know who the fucked scored for you besides the sublime rvp first, at least my performances are consistent with the actual Mexico atm
Haha yeah as troublesome as the games may have been at times they have both had some pretty goals.

woodchuck

i think theres just something weird going on between astro and koji's connection. i've had no problems playing with koji in the past

i really want to see that rvp goal. can you upload it? oh wait

k0ji-wd

woodchuck said:
i think theres just something weird going on between astro and koji's connection. i've had no problems playing with koji in the past

i really want to see that rvp goal. can you upload it? oh wait

that reminds me, the new highlight reel maker feature on easportsworld is such a pointless piece of shit

woodchuck

Germany 5 - 1 Sweden

Germany
Marin, Klose, Ballack, Podolski(2)

Sweden
Ibrahimovic

2 beautiful goals in this game. Ballack hit a fucking rocket from about 24 yards out to the top left corner. Zlatan had a beautiful strike from about 20 yards that hit the top right corner

not sure what the deal was with the lag

ATF487

Sweden 0 - Germany 4

19' Ballack
22' Klose
43' Ballack
86' Klose

I think the lag was from my room mate playing WoW, and other people around our area sometimes use our router. I'll try to see what I can do to eliminate that for the subsequent ones.

But good games, I need to figure out how to suck less :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
k0ji-wd said:

Shoud've picked uruguay mexico is a horrible team. I wish they'd let us into concalaf (colombia) and send the mexicans to conmebol.

But yeah I'll be on tomorrow to play my games I got to work all day today unfortunately.

AstroLad said:
Andres & Cornballer: If you guys want to play a league game or games tonight just post.
I was playing some clubs, but I'll be on most nights this week. I'll keep an eye out for you. Maybe I can actually generate some offense this leg.
ChrisGoldstein said:
But yeah I'll be on tomorrow to play my games I got to work all day today unfortunately.
I have to pick up my car at the mechanic tomorrow night, but I should be on later if you want to play our matches.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Save up your offense for your games vs. Mexico!

I have a bit of a hectic week but I'll probably be around late as usual.

N.A

Banned
Turkey 0 - 1 Italy
Camoranesi

Italy 3 - 1 Turkey
Natale (ITA)
Camoranesi(ITA)
Toni(ITA)
Tuncay(TUR)

woodchuck

ATF487 said:
I think the lag was from my room mate playing WoW, and other people around our area sometimes use our router. I'll try to see what I can do to eliminate that for the subsequent ones.

But good games, I need to figure out how to suck less :lol

i think just play around with the custom tactics to see what works best. i noticed zlatan was on the wing crossing the ball a lot so maybe find a setting where zlatan stays in the box to head the ball.

also, to win balls in the air, it helps to "jostle". hold the Left trigger and then move the left stick to sort of back your opponent away from the ball.

and on defense, i like to press the "double team button" in the final 3rd to pressure the opponent in turning the ball over. but if you do it in the midfield, sometimes you can get screwed on the break.

and for everyone that doesn't know, sometimes there's a glitch where your substitute becomes invisible. to avoid this, try these two things:

1)only sub one player at a time
2) watch the entire cutscene that introduces the sub. don't skip it!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Cornballer said:
I have to pick up my car at the mechanic tomorrow night, but I should be on later if you want to play our matches.

I'll be late tomorrow so that should work out fine, guess we can do both games.

koji I'll be on late tonight like saturday night so maybe we can get our last game in.

N.A

Banned
besiktas1 said:
lol very close to rage quitting

I was as well in that first game, hit the bar twice and missed 3 one on ones, got the winner at the end though. The second game was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests, my first 2 goals were gifted to me by your goalkeeper and defender fumbling the ball :lol .

woodchuck said:
dont sweat it. na is one of the top players

Are you forgetting my 10-1 & 6-0 defeat to Magicked? :lol

I can't forget :'(

AndresON777

shooting blanks
N.A said:
Are you forgetting my 10-1 & 6-0 defeat to Magicked? :lol

I can't forget :'(

Apparently you forgot some of it because it was me lol

sorry.

Beat koji the master sensei 4-0 tho so don't feel too bad.

N.A

Banned
ChrisGoldstein said:
Apparently you forgot some of it because it was me lol

sorry.

Beat koji the master sensei 4-0 tho so don't feel too bad.

Was it? Oops :lol .

Thank god I don't have to play as Galaxy anymore, it's so much better playing as a team that can run with the ball as well as pass. I hope I get to play you in this tournament at some point.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah that would suck for me I only have russia, although they're decent, but italy is damn good from what I remember.

woodchuck said:
arshavin is better than the entire italian team
2hebz1z.jpg

A lot of how we end up doing is based on how people stylistically match with the team they choose. I get the feeling that Goldstein is a handful with Arshavin because of the dribbling skills.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Arshavin is a bad mofo. I wanted to avatar quote woodchuck after that score between me and koji but I was on the ps3 browser.

He'll prolly get payback in the next one tho, lol

edit- the bad thing is arshavin can't do the highest level tricks like dinho, ronaldo, messi.

He can do most of the useful ones though.

woodchuck

ChrisGoldstein said:
edit- the bad thing is arshavin can't do the highest level tricks like dinho, ronaldo, messi.

He can do most of the useful ones though.

which makes no sense since his dribbling skills is in the 90s

Top Bottom