• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 10 (360) Club Thread of Better Late Than Never

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
Oh well, I'm up to #17 on the Goozex list anyway. Won't be long either way. :lol
I was joking. I think I am about 3/4s of the way through. Very worth it! I'm debating keeping it but...why! I mean, i probably wouldn't play it again for a while...
cuz it's spooky.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
I was joking. I think I am about 3/4s of the way through. Very worth it! I'm debating keeping it but...why! I mean, i probably wouldn't play it again for a while...
cuz it's spooky.
Yeah, those Russians are pretty scary dudes.

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, those Russians are pretty scary dudes.
Don't start, man! :D

Playing the game with Russian spoken language has made it so much better. It's been a bit tough since my russian isn't all that great. But, my sis did visit me yesterday so she transalated a bit. I think the language makes for a better atmosphere.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
Don't start, man! :D

Playing the game with Russian spoken language has made it so much better. It's been a bit tough since my russian isn't all that great. But, my sis did visit me yesterday so she transalated a bit. I think the language makes for a better atmosphere.
I'd probably use the russian language setting provided there were english subtitles.

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
I'd probably use the russian language setting provided there were english subtitles.
Yeah, subtitles are available. But, it's only for primary conversations. So, any secondary and random talk won't have subtitles so, you won't know what's being said.
...But it sure sounds cool! :D

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
Yeah, subtitles are available. But, it's only for primary conversations. So, any secondary and random talk won't have subtitles so, you won't know what's being said.
...But it sure sounds cool! :D
I'm fine with that though, just as long as the story has subtitles so I know what's going on

NoRéN

fuck, I don't know why i was waiting for a reply here. I should have logged on.
What did you learn?

I did play an online 1v1 earlier this week. 2-2 at half time. I had been trying to get the out of the box volley achievement and kept trying the heel flick out of habit. i actually pulled it off and scored from about 35 yards out. My opponent got so mad, he just quit. :lol

my bad i posted on the nhl chat we are all on.
i learned the little mistakes hurt the worst and the best thing to do is to stop the attack down the middle, no one does what we do where we bring the ball down the wing and center, everyone does ping pong passing through the middle and score.

frontieruk

Hardyboy1224 said:
my bad i posted on the nhl chat we are all on.
i learned the little mistakes hurt the worst and the best thing to do is to stop the attack down the middle, no one does what we do where we bring the ball down the wing and center, everyone does ping pong passing through the middle and score.

best bet is to come down the wing cut in and pass your way through to shoot (the chip shot is fairly lethal as the keepers often rush)

NoRéN said:
Hmm, I see.
So much for the use of non-assisted passing. :D

why? players who have played 100s of hours of this can predict where the ai is going to move, and as in real life teams of players get used to each others movements off the ball so can actually prep the pass as the ball moves to them as they know a team mate is going to cut through the defense

frontieruk said:
why? players who have played 100s of hours of this can predict where the ai is going to move, and as in real life teams of players get used to each others movements off the ball so can actually prep the pass as the ball moves to them as they know a team mate is going to cut through the defense
If I've learned one thing from EA Sports games, it's that the vast majority of online dickholes are going to do anything they can to make winning easier. This includes glitching, cheesing, and choosing "assisted" options when they're presented. I'm sure there are SOME people who actually use the non-assisted modes (I'm one of those idiots...), but the random hordes of anonymous hooligans are undoubtedly on assisted all the way down.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
If I've learned one thing from EA Sports games, it's that the vast majority of online dickholes are going to do anything they can to make winning easier. This includes glitching, cheesing, and choosing "assisted" options when they're presented.
Bullshit. NOBODY does this online.

NoRéN

SnakeswithLasers said:
If I've learned one thing from EA Sports games, it's that the vast majority of online dickholes are going to do anything they can to make winning easier. This includes glitching, cheesing, and choosing "assisted" options when they're presented. I'm sure there are SOME people who actually use the non-assisted modes (I'm one of those idiots...), but the random hordes of anonymous hooligans are undoubtedly on assisted all the way down.
Add to that the idiots who get all angry whe you score on them (ex. me- skill 1 scoring on a skill level 10) and quit. Makes for a great community. :D

I highly doubt I would have won the game.

Ohai.... didn't notice this thread before I posted in the WC Demo thread....

I'm up to joining the club or, more to the point, playing some matches that aren't always going to be Chelsea vs. Barcelona and running up and down the field with no concept of tactics. Gamertag = liquidlogan360 . Give me an friends invite or a PM and I'll be happy to join your game/club. I've been playing a ton of ranked matches but I'm honestly tired of playing with the unwashed masses...

As for the WC game, I don't think I'm going to bother. It plays better than F10, fixing the goalies, winning a header is less of a random event, etc. but Fifa 11 is only going to come out in October... I must say though that the list of all the countries almost gave me pause.

frontieruk

liquidlogan said:
As for the WC game, I don't think I'm going to bother. It plays better than F10, fixing the goalies, winning a header is less of a random event, etc. but Fifa 11 is only going to come out in October... I must say though that the list of all the countries almost gave me pause.
this

well got rid of my xbox360 account for a while today. my xbox is all messed up and my fifty was due in a week so i just pulled the plug on it. well still try to talk to you all when i can i am sure in a few months i'll get the account back but i could also use a break. well get at you all later

PBY

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
well got rid of my xbox360 account for a while today. my xbox is all messed up and my fifty was due in a week so i just pulled the plug on it. well still try to talk to you all when i can i am sure in a few months i'll get the account back but i could also use a break. well get at you all later
vadernooo.gif

NoRéN

Hardyboy1224 said:
I may just trade it in and get the World Cup game(I'm a sucker for official teams). So, Day one Fifa 11?

NoRéN said:
I may just trade it in and get the World Cup game(I'm a sucker for official teams). So, Day one Fifa 11?
I wouldn't blame you plus sounds like they made a couple of good upgrades to it. like semi fixing the goalies...

NoRéN

Hardyboy1224 said:
I wouldn't blame you plus sounds like they made a couple of good upgrades to it. like semi fixing the goalies...
played the demo and loved it. Headers felt alot better. Better goalkeeping, better trapping.
The World Cup games have always been good. not UEFA Champions League 08 good, but good!

NoRéN

Hardyboy1224 said:
humm, like the movies but remember nothing...
It's best you dont.

This ring a bell?
darth_vader_nooo.jpg

PBY

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
is no one playing anymore. if i get my xbox fixed this month i will get my account back
this week is hell with finals, but when thats done and i go back home im gonna be on every night

no i am going with only a wii maybe someday getting a xbox. but june is next month thats 3 birthdays and a anniversary no xbox in that check

Hardyboy1224 said:
no i am going with only a wii maybe someday getting a xbox. but june is next month thats 3 birthdays and a anniversary no xbox in that check
You should have thought about that before you guys got married the same month as your birthdays and then had your wife give birth on top of that.

whats funny is i dont get nothing unless my family gets me something, all the money goes to aeryn and our anniversary hey i have the 1st week of june and the 3rd week of june if u were thinking of coming up any time soon...

Hardyboy1224 said:
whats funny is i dont get nothing unless my family gets me something, all the money goes to aeryn and our anniversary hey i have the 1st week of june and the 3rd week of june if u were thinking of coming up any time soon...
Third week might work. Finishing up course catalog for a release on 6/15...after that I can burn some vacation days. We can play some FIFA offline if I bring up my 360 in honor of the World Cup!

Top Bottom