• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 10 X360 - Europa League

woodchuck

izrgnr.jpg

Why Europa League you say? Well, we're going to have a restriction saying you can not play with any 5 star team. 4.5 star and below only.

I don't have the game yet, but I'm assuming the 5 star teams are: ManUtd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City (Someone with the game correct me here), Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Juventus. So anyone but those teams.

Selecting Teams
To make it interesting, I randomly created a draft order using a random sequence generator:

1. Magicked - Sevilla
2. Cornballer - Olympique Lyonnais
3. sneaky77 - Athletic Bilbao
4. TF53 - Atlético Madrid
5. N.A - Tottenham Hotspur
6 AstroLad - Olympique de Marseille
7. woodchuck - Bordeaux
8 AndresON777 - Villareal
That's the draft order. Please select your team in a timely fashion! We will be starting the league on October 25th. Fixtures will be posted once everyone selects their teams.

Members

GAF / Gamertag / Timezone

woodchuck / Dr Tim Whatley / CST
AstroLad / AstroTheLad / EST
sneaky77 / sneaky77 / EST
Cornballer / Cornballer / PST
TF53 / Tf53 / GMT+2
N.A / AllApologies17 / GMT
Magicked / magicked / EST
AndresON777 - AndresON777 - EST

GENERAL LEAGUE INFO

View Full Standings and Statistics: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AiMv2KVN3zb7dE55NzRvaWY0UVg3SHZuWjQxei1jdmc&hl=en

2yu10y0.jpg

View full schedule: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AiMv2KVN3zb7dEhRM25BbmM1R20wUUhJVnJXeVlTU0E&hl=en

Due to the late release of FIFA, we will have to speed things up.

You are assigned two opponents per week. You will play each of these opponents back to back (so 4 matches per week total but with only two different opponents).

October 25th - November 1st: Match 1-4
November 1st - November 8th: Match 5-8

jj8qaa.jpg

November 8th - November 15th: Match 9-12
November 15th - November 22nd: Match 13-14

We realize you guys have lives other than Fifa and Gaf. We know things come up that will prevent you from playing. If you guys let us know beforehand, we can get substitutes to play your games if you’re not able to. Just don’t disappear. Let us know if you’re extremely busy or on vacation, etc. Be active in the League Thread!

To schedule your games, there are plenty of options. The easiest way is probably through PM with your opponent or post in this thread.

Stats

To report your scores and stats, just post the relevant info in the Official League Thread. Bold the scores, so we don’t accidentally gloss over your post. We will be keeping track of the scores and stats and will keep updating the thread with the standings and leaderboards.

Relevant Stats:
Team Stats:
Shots
Shots on Goal

Player Stats:
Goal scorers

Once again, the home team will post the relevant data.

In-Game Stuff

I believe in Fifa 10 you can end matches as a draw. If the match is tied after 90 minutes, end the match as a draw.

We will NOT be using the in-game league (due to disconnections experienced previously within the in-game league). We will be playing through 7 minute unranked, custom games. To make an unranked custom game:

[Instructions will be posted once I get Fifa 10!]

THE HOME TEAM WILL CREATE THE GAME AND SEND THE INVITE.

Controller Settings

shooting: semi or manual
passing: semi or manual
through ball: auto or manual
crosses: semi or manual
lob through ball: auto or manual

Game Settings

7 minute halves
Game Speed: Slow

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah so stupid. Hopefully they'll have the first patch ready day one though. Do we know if you can change the settings e.g. to semi in-game this time? (i.e. require semi through the game)

woodchuck

AstroLad said:
Yeah so stupid. Hopefully they'll have the first patch ready day one though. Do we know if you can change the settings e.g. to semi in-game this time? (i.e. require semi through the game)

not sure. but i trust everyone here to follow the required settings.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
that's true. i swear in the old giganto leagues half the people weren't even aware of rules like that.

Tf53

I can get you the ratings on Monday. This week is killing me. Two work deadlines and an exam week in school. Good thing FIFA pisses me off ATM. :)

BTW, that draft order is bullshit :D

Edit: Also, we should settle on match speed as well. I LOVE slow, especially as the online games tend to become pinball on the quicker settings.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Tf53 said:
I can get you the ratings on Monday. This week is killing me. Two work deadlines and an exam week in school. Good thing FIFA pisses me off ATM. :)

BTW, that draft order is bullshit :D
I agree. I want a reordering and I want Ernst & Young present to audit the proceedings.

Tf53

I might accidentally list the team I want to play with on the 5 star team list and conveniently notice my mistake right as it is my turn to pick. Just saying.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
go fifty go! no manu this time....
i haven't been playing the demo at all (hate demos) so i expect to get my ass summarily kicked for at least a while

woodchuck

as much as I love Arsenal, I think we should exclude them. They're basically a 5 star team.

and if Liverpool is not a 5 star team, exclude them too.

Tf53

`Moe Joe. said:
Is it invite only?
Yeah, it's like the elite FIFA league on GAF. Feel free to start other
ultimately inferior
leagues if you will. I suspect Meus Reneissance will be more than happy to commission a league.

woodchuck

`Moe Joe. said:
Is it invite only?

MMaRsu said:
Hey I want to get in on this.

Astro and I don't want the number of league members to get out of hand so we're just limiting the group members to those who played in multiple leagues last year.

I believe Meus Renaissance started another Fifa 360 league. He posted details somewhere in the Fifa 10 thread.

Tf53

woodchuck said:
as much as I love Arsenal, I think we should exclude them. They're basically a 5 star team.

And Sevilla as well, at least until it's my turn to pick.

Magicked

woodchuck said:

Awww... fair enough. Sevilla it is then!

And if another league is started, I'll probably play in that one too! I can understand why Astro and woodchuck don't want to deal with another large league this year.

Are we going to get a chance to look at the teams (i.e. with the game in hand next Tuesday) before we pick who we're playing with? I'd prefer to give a couple of them a test drive, though I can just guess if need be.

sneaky77

Cornballer said:
Are we going to get a chance to look at the teams (i.e. with the game in hand next Tuesday) before we pick who we're playing with? I'd prefer to give a couple of them a test drive, though I can just guess if need be.

looks like we are just taking a guess the first time around at least

woodchuck

Cornballer, I originally wanted to pick teams once we got the game, but I figured that could delay the league.

It looks like Fifty isn't playing. Haven't heard back from Andres. I'll move Andres to the very end just in case he responds.

Sneaky's selecting next.

woodchuck

If it turns out that Andres can't play, then we'll have 7 members. That's 12 games. I think then we could 2 games per week and have the league 6 weeks. I just don't want to get too close to the holiday season when everyone's going to be really busy.

Tf53

woodchuck said:
If it turns out that Andres can't play, then we'll have 7 members. That's 12 games. I think then we could 2 games per week and have the league 6 weeks. I just don't want to get too close to the holiday season when everyone's going to be really busy.
How about keeping the 4 games per week and adding some sort of playoffs?

woodchuck

i didn't want to do a playoff system with only 7 or 8 people. but if enough people want it, we can do a playoff. maybe with the top 4?

sneaky77

woodchuck said:
i didn't want to do a playoff system with only 7 or 8 people. but if enough people want it, we can do a playoff. maybe with the top 4?

what abou fivehorizons? didn't he play last season?

Also I guess I will stick with my colors for this league since we actually made it to europa league this season.

Athletic Bilbao

woodchuck

sneaky77 said:
what abou fivehorizons? didn't he play last season?

Also I guess I will stick with my colors for this league since we actually made it to europa league this season.

Athletic Bilbao

fivehorizons said he'll probably catch the next league. he'll be busy in the next couple of weeks.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
pick a team tf! let's get this league rollicking already!

i am down with playoffs but i am also down with no playoffs. we can always do an offshoot tournament or something. one thing that would be cool is to have a manager mode of sorts where we are allowed to trade players and the like and have multiple seasons. just a thought for the future and i shouldn't get ahead of myself considering.
it's been a DREAM of mine also to have a league with relegation and the like but i don't think that's tenable with 8. ONE DAY

f4rc7a.gif

Magicked

AstroLad said:
pick a team tf! let's get this league rollicking already!

i am down with playoffs but i am also down with no playoffs. we can always do an offshoot tournament or something. one thing that would be cool is to have a manager mode of sorts where we are allowed to trade players and the like and have multiple seasons. just a thought for the future and i shouldn't get ahead of myself considering.
it's been a DREAM of mine also to have a league with relegation and the like but i don't think that's tenable with 8. ONE DAY

f4rc7a.gif

Damn, that would be awesome. We can dream, right? To have it integrated into the game (lol, yea right), they would need to fix certain problems in the manager mode like player regens and progression, the financial system, the improvement system, fatigue, etc, etc.

Or we could find a way to do it ourselves someday. If we make use of custom rosters in the unranked matches, we could pull trades off. It'd be a pain to track though.

I am in if I can be in.

I see you are doing a draft and if I get in I am sure I am the last team to pick....

so a note to the other people playing.

I WANT Hamburg

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah I'd like to play. Should have the game on the 20th or whenever gamestop gets it.

---what sucks about 10 from what I've played on the demo is that you can't spam the feint/fake move across the whole field. Looks like you can only do it in the box

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I guess this is what happens when we start before the game is out!

GUYS HOW MUCH BETTER IS REAL FOOTBALL THAN EUROPEAN "FOOTBALL"? CRUSHING HITS & TD PASSES>>>>>>>>GREASY EUROS FLOPPING AROUND

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
I guess this is what happens when we start before the game is out!

GUYS HOW MUCH BETTER IS REAL FOOTBALL THAN EUROPEAN "FOOTBALL"? CRUSHING HITS & TD PASSES>>>>>>>>GREASY EUROS FLOPPING AROUND

well it is ur turn to pick... so....

Top Bottom