• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 10 X360 - Europa League

AndresON777

shooting blanks
:lol

wow 2 tackles, no picks, no fumble recoveries and he thinks he's hot shit. lmao. I can't blame him though I guess they told him he was an old man and couldn't play any more. It's a young man's game I believe was the quote.

Anyway all good, I didnt even watch the 2nd half I knew it was gonna be bad. Monday will be a massacre lol.

Still, if ryan gets on some roids he might be able to throw the ball down field. They'll go 10-6, 9-7 at worst. I didnt think they were going to win the super bowl anyway.

I hope romo chokes in december again

---magicked I'll be on tonight late and tomorrow late, friday late. Getting ballad of gay tony tomorrow so I should be on xbl all weekend...though I think that's bad for you? send the invite so your funny ass can't complain about lag, youre home anyway.

damn I'm getting schooled online. I think I'm getting too old for fifa my thumbs hurt by the end of the game

carpel tunnel in this mofo

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
looks like we missed each other sneaky! i can still play tonight if you happen to be around, if not i'm sure we can figure out something in the next few days. fyi weekdays usually can play after 9 est weekends during the day

Magicked

Andres talkin' shit! Bring it!

And woodchuck, Saturday after the Arsenal game sounds good.

BTW, Brutal Legend is sweet. I picked it up yesterday. :D

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
looks like we missed each other sneaky! i can still play tonight if you happen to be around, if not i'm sure we can figure out something in the next few days. fyi weekdays usually can play after 9 est weekends during the day

yeah I noticed you logged off so I logged off after a bit. I'll try to catch you tonight

sneaky77

Ath. Bilbao 2 O.Marseille 1

Shots: 6 8
On Goal: 4 5
1-0 Toquero
2-0 Llorente
2-1 M.Niang

Damn... I have my crosses on manual and is hard to aim sometimes lol... as well as manual thru balls that take a long time to power lol

Good games Astro.. you have a good offense.. it was all I could do to keep my defense tight

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ggs sneaky still looking for my first win :lol total meltdown at the end of the first half of game 2 by me (did lead to that nice chip though) but other than that it was pretty good back and forth. is it just me or does it feel weird on slow? then again who am i to say i've only played like five games of fifa 10 so far

Marseille 1
Bilbao 1

shots 12
shots 5

shots on goal 8
shots on goal 2

Goals: Toquero 12' (Bilbao), Morientes 45' (OM)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
it's probably just me getting used to fifa 10. long process at this rate but i'll get there! game does seem to have less buzz on gaf then 09 tho fwiw

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah I like normal better it's more arcadey or whatever but it's faster. Sucks though because it just becomes a scoring fest since both teams are on offsides trap and the ai refs miss calls all the time.

Havnt seen much buzz for the game here but every where else it's big. They're even showing lots of commercials on tv which I didnt see last year. Guess fifa has become more of a casual's game, idk

AndresON777

shooting blanks
what's really cool is the new practice mode. You can just practice scoring goals against the keeper from a real angle with just offensive players. Not that arena crap where it doesnt help you in a real game.

Tf53

Tottenham - Atletico Madrid 0 - 3

Shots: 4 - 7
On goal: 3 - 4

0-1 7' Forlan
0-2 26' Forlan
0-3 88' Raul Garcia

Atletico Madrid - Tottenham 1 - 3

Shots: 5 - 9
On goal: 3 - 7

1-0 13' Forlan
1-1 39' Defoe
1-2 64' Crouch
1-3 86' Crouch

All of your goals were fluky, even the cross to Crouch. The way you got the ball on the wing was lucky as fuck. I should've won both matches, I just had the shittiest finishing in the second one. :(

N.A

Banned
Through ball to Defoe who crossed to Crouch? Not a fluke. Other two were though I'll admit. Pretty much all the goals were from a defensive mistake.

In the first game I was fouled, the indicator came up for an advantage that I didn't want so I tried to kick the ball away, it goes straight to your player who scores. What the fuck happened to the foul? Second game your goal was 2 yards offside. Also in the second game on goal kicks my keeper was stuck and couldn't rotate so I couldn't aim for Crouch.

Fucking buggy mess. I enjoyed it though.

Tf53

Atletico Madrid - Athletic Club 2 - 1

Shots: 11 - 10
On goal: 8 - 4

1-0 13' Agüero
1-1 31' Toquero
2-1 43' Agüero

Athletic Club - Atletico Madrid 1 - 2

Shots: 10 - 16
On goal: 6 - 9

1-0 2' Toquero
1-1 51' Iraola (OG)
1-2 80' Simao (glorious free kick goal)

sneaky77

well i was coming to post it.. guess now I dont have to..
That own goal was lucky as hell.. it seemed like all the rebounds went ur way.. oh well.. well played, i could never get a grasp of how to stop ur midfield from being completely wide open by 20 yards every time

Game Deux:

Lyon 2 - 2 Spurs

Shots: 16 - 12
SOG: 14 - 6

Goals:
0-1 Defoe 12'
1-1 Gomis 59'
2-1 Gomis 69'
2-2 Kranjcar 75'

Good games, man. Lag was awful in both games, so I felt like we couldn't really get going, but it was fun nonetheless. Pretty poor conversion rate for me in the 2nd match. :lol

N.A

Banned
First game was:

Tottenham 0 - 1 Lyon

Scorer: Lopez

I didn't get the stats as it kicked me out after the game.

Both games were very laggy, I can't believe your goal in the first game. 40 yards out straight down the middle and my keeper just let it in. Keepers have got worse than from 09.

Not sure I like playing on slow either. It doesn't give you a noticeable amount more time on the ball.

Yeah, that goal in the first game was a total fluke. I had nowhere to go, so I figure I'd just take a crack at it. Better lucky than good, I guess.

I find that slow plays better if the lag is minimized, but in our games it didn't make much of a difference.

Magicked

Sevilla 0 - 0 Bordeaux

Shots: 11 - 4
SOT: 5 - 1

Good games woodchuck! Damn, your keeper made some sweet saves in the second one as I poured the pressure on! I did a lot better on defense in the second after a while, even though you had a couple great chances.

Also, I believe the goal in the first game was by Kanoute, not Jesus Navas. Not a big deal though.

I need to learn how to shoot with better accuracy. I had several open shots outside the box that I should have put on target. So it goes!

woodchuck

Magicked said:
Sevilla 0 - 0 Bordeaux

Shots: 11 - 4
SOT: 5 - 1

Good games woodchuck! Damn, your keeper made some sweet saves in the second one as I poured the pressure on! I did a lot better on defense in the second after a while, even though you had a couple great chances.

Also, I believe the goal in the first game was by Kanoute, not Jesus Navas. Not a big deal though.

I need to learn how to shoot with better accuracy. I had several open shots outside the box that I should have put on target. So it goes!

yeah, you had a lot of chances in that 2nd game. the end was intense with all those corners and loose balls in the box. pretty fun games. i couldn't get anything going on offense in that 2nd game. i wish i could change the custom tactics :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So next week is starting tomorrow? I want to see if I can have a tie & one-goal loss in every 2-game matchup this season!

woodchuck

yep. next week starts tomorrow. there's some overlap between next week's games and this week's games.

Only one game left!

Sevilla vs Villareal

Magicked

Sevilla 0 - 2 Villareal

Shots: 6 - 8
SOT: 2 - 4

Goals:
4' - Rossi
90' - Nilmar

Another good game. I really need to learn how to shoot.

Tf53

AstroLad said:
Magicked & tf, can you play our week 5-8 games today?
I'm sorry, I have to get some shuteye. Long day tomorrow. How's your Sunday afternoon looking? I'll probably be home around 6pm (GMT+2).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Action-packed game there. Finally taking slow-ass Morientes out was a godsend.

Marseille 3
Sevilla 1

shots 14
shots 11

shots on goal 6
shots on goal 4

Goals: Niango 10', 59' (OM), Luis Fabiano 54' (Sevilla), Hatem Ben Arfa 55' (OM)

Magicked

I really need to figure this game out. How do I go from being pretty darn good at 09 to sucking so horribly at 10? :lol

I was getting pissed though that last game (as you can probably tell from my red card). Every time I would try to play a throughball it would go straight at a defender rather than into space! If only I could play better on manual...

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Right on lookin good.

Cornballer and tf53 i'm usually on in the evening dudes.

Shooting is more manual on semi this year.

woodchuck

sneaky77 said:
Woodchuck u got the results with tf53 wrong, he won both 2-1 but on the second one you enteredit as 1-1

my bad. i think i got it right in the standings though.

I'm busy pretty much all day Sunday. I think sometime during the week would be good. Pretty much any night besides Tuesday night.

sneaky77

woodchuck said:
my bad. i think i got it right in the standings though.

I'm busy pretty much all day Sunday. I think sometime during the week would be good. Pretty much any night besides Tuesday night.

thats cool with me we can try shooting for monday night then

sneaky - weeknights are probably best for me, too. I'm usually home from work by about 5pm PT, so any time after that should work.

Andres, let me know when you're around, dude.

woodchuck

jj8qaa.jpg

Sneaky, I think I can do monday night. How about Monday night at 9pm eastern?

woodchuck

Bordeaux 0 -0 Bilbao

Shots: 12 (4) - 6 (4)

Man, this feels so much harder than Fifa 09 to get anything going. fuck ea for not allowing custom tactics in unranked matches

Sneaky also played some excellent defense. he was anticipating a lot of my passes. it's also a lot harder now to pass it between the backline.

semi is a lot looser in terms of shooting and passing

woodchuck

good games sneaky. you had a lot of great chances in that 2nd game. pretty unlucky with some of those close chances.

maybe in future leagues, we'll go to assisted shooting. semi shooting is fucking tough. i thought at first i didn't notice a difference between last year and this year, but man it's hard.

Top Bottom