• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

adelante

tjtMP.gif

title-new-feat.jpg

bullet.jpg
PRO PASSING
A new passing system where pass accuracy is determined by a gamer’s ability on the control pad, and player skill, situation and urgency on the pitch. Poor decisions or over/under striking
the ball will mean error-prone outcomes. New types of passes such as swerve passes will enable players to make a safer and more effective play.

bullet.jpg
PERSONALITY PLUS
Personality + sees a footballer’s performance on the pitch mirrored authentically in game, differentiated and replicated for every player’s skill-set. New body types and player models will
further help identify players. Personality+ at every position on the pitch reinvents how players look, and perform – on and off the ball.

bullet.jpg
CAREER MODE
A new engine delivers an authentic experience that mimics the real-world game. Begin as a real player, created player or Virtual Pro and evolve into a player-manager and
manager--or just begin at the top--and enjoy a 15-year career. Players now receive instant feedback and enjoy a vastly improved status system. Plus, authentic tournament structures, results
and new calendar system, featuring simultaneous simulations, improve the speed and flow of games. Featuring new Team Management for simpler player comparison and Friends Leaderboard
to compare stats and earnings.

bullet.jpg
BE A GOALKEEPER
Experience the thrill of the one on one battle, diving to make a save from a free kick, punching balls safely out of danger, the pressure of the corner and keeping a clean sheet. Compete as
the goalkeeper in Career Mode or in Virtual Pro 2.0. Learn the position, track stats, complete achievements and test yourself against the best players in the virtual world.

bullet.jpg
360° FIGHT FOR POSSESSION
True freedom in man-to-man interactions, transforming physical play from individual lateral jostling to full 360° collisions involving multiple players.

bullet.jpg
FIFA THEATRE
Save highlights from any match – including online – right to your hard drive to view, replay or upload to Footballworld.com at any time

bullet.jpg
CUSTOM AUDIO
Assign customized chants for every team and league. Set your home club’s anthems and chants to play during player introductions, halftime, and after goals. Even hear your name echo in the
stands of Old Trafford or San Siro with customized chants for your Virtual Pro. Plus, play music from your hard drive in game.

bullet.jpg
CREATION CENTRE
Go online to craft your own player and create the team of your dreams. Plus, manage your team’s formations and tactics right from the web. Create your player’s appearance, accessories and
attributes and then create a team with a distinctive crest and kits. Share with friends and download into your console to play online, in Tournaments and in Kick-Off matches. Created players can
also be used in the Arena, Career Mode and Lounge Mode.

bullet.jpg
NEXT GEN ENGINE FOR THE PC
The PC version of FIFA11 will largely be a port of FIFA10 (X360/PS3) but with some improvements introduced in WC2010. This year represents the first step in bringing the PC version of FIFA
up to par with the console offerings. For an interview with Ian Jarvis, FIFA11 PC producer, click HERE

bullet.jpg
PC LAN PLAY
New for FIFA 11 PC, you will be able to host your own LAN parties and play friends online without being connected to EA servers. A dynamic server lobby will allow you to see what other games
are currently available. Elect to join a game or host your own. Matches can be played with a variety of game settings in either Classic or Be A Pro mode as well as up to 5v5 team play. Once a
LAN lobby room is setup, users can chat with others via text and as well as VOIP (Voice Over IP Chat) in-game.

bullet.jpg
360° DRIBBLING FOR THE PC
The market-leading true 360° Dribbling system gives players precise control of the ball and next generation animation technology delivers Skilled Dribbling, enabling skilled players to face
defenders and use highly responsive lateral dribbling to skip past them.

bullet.jpg
RECOMMENDED SPECS

• CPU with Dual core processor (Core duo 2 or better)
  • Intel Core2Duo @ 2.4Ghz on Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7
  • 1 Gigabyte of RAM (2 GB required for Windows Vista / Windows 7)
  • DirectX® 9.0c Compatible 3D accelerated 256 MB video card or equivalent (must support Shader Model 3.0 or above). ATI RADEON HD 3870. NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT

bullet.jpg
RELEASE DATE: September 28 in North America(US & Canada) and October 1 in Europe

title-web-game.jpg

Manage or create in-game content with these sites (click on image links to access):

title-achieve.jpg

For an extensive guide to achievements and trophies (courtesy of Fodder007@eaforum) click HERE

title-tutorials.jpg

Here are a few links to in-depth previews explaining some of the game's new modes:

bullet.jpg
CAREER MODE: PART 1 (Google cache link)
The first choice I have to make is if I want to start a career as a Player, a Manager or a Player-Manager. Either choice will allow you to play a 15-year long career. To experience a total football career you can start as a player and when the time comes to hang your boots up you can become a Manager. Or you can start as a Manager right away, the choice is yours. I will go for a Player-Manager Career, as that will allow me to play locked to my Virtual Pro or to control the whole squad. Also I can make the choice to field my Virtual Pro or not as I will be responsible for the line-up of my squad.
bullet.jpg
CAREER MODE: PART 2 (Google cache link)
My first season gets going with an easy 2-0 win in a friendly vs. Ramenskoye. It wasn’t a great game, but it showed me that Pavel Pogrebnyak will be a really important player for me this season. He is the only player on my team with a “Specialty”. By overpowering 2 defenders and heading home the opening goal of the game, he proves that he deserves his “Strength” Personality badge. Unfortunately I tire out my Virtual Pro and at the end of the match he suffers an injury. After the match, I get told about the extent and severity of the injury via an email. The press has also taken note of the injury and it gets mentioned in the latest news…
bullet.jpg
VIRTUAL PRO (EA forum)
In FIFA 10 there was 10 Traits that you could unlock that were automatically added to your Pro, which again reduced the amount of variety in the world of created players. This year there are 20 traits to unlock with the user able to decide to assign a maximum of 5 to their player at a time, meaning players will have to consider what they want their unique abilities to be, as well as considering what their team mates might have selected to ensure a good balance of skills across the team
bullet.jpg
PRO CLUBS (EA forum)
Another area we received a lot of feedback on was the amount of time it takes getting into a game and this is something I think we’ve addressed this year with our new Match Lobby. The Match Lobby allows a team to select their formation and positions before searching for matches. You’ll also be able to see what everyone’s Virtual Pro’s preferred position and rating are to help you decide who’s going to play where. It’s from this screen that you’ll also choose your match type (League, Cup and Practice) as well as be able to search for Club to challenge to a Friendly. Other new features include being able to instantly switch Captain (which we know was annoying last year…) and apply filters to match searches including specifying which league, and the minimum number of opponent club players.

Several tutorial videos to get new players started:

title-cover.jpg

covers.jpg

title-gifs.jpg

Because agaru wants them in here:

2428lyo.gif
30ur8qr.gif

title-neogaf-club.jpg

gaf-club-banner2.jpg

To join, list your Gamertag in this thread right here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408194

widgetraf

Donovan isn't even on the center of the US cover? What the fuck EA.

Also, don't cop out by putting him in a USMNT jersey. Should have been wearing a Galaxy kit.

SamuraiX-

WHOA! Amazing OP! Love the main gif banner! :D

I might be picking this up. I really want to. The one thing I didn't like about FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010 was how difficult it was to execute moves with the ball. I like all the new added dynamics in FIFA 11 though.

agaru

:eek: Amazing OT, adelante! That banner is pure awesome!

And thanks for including my humble gifs. :3

You're the man. :D

Also, fuck yeah, game of the forever, can't wait, etc. :lol So damn excited for this game!

Kafel

Banned
widgetraf said:
Donovan isn't even on the center of the US cover? What the fuck EA.

Also, don't cop out by putting him in a USMNT jersey. Should have been wearing a Galaxy kit.

Stop complaining about your cover. It's unfair that you guys get the game before Europe does.

osmosis

Neo Member
Awesome OP! After going back and forth a bunch I decided to preorder the PS3 version today.

Been a busy month between Halo, Civ V and now FIFA. I have little doubt FIFA will receive most of my attention over time.

Kafel

Banned
Square Triangle said:
Nice OP! Still undecided on which system to get this for. It's always been PS3 in the past, which club/league is larger on GAF?

360 I think.

Nice Charlie pic !
<3

Omiee

so what are some of the differences between the pc version and the console versions, cuz man its such a huge improvment over last years game on pc.
is the new manager mode in..?

Massa

Slizz said:
Ugh, cannot wait. Been playing the demo way too much already. I neeeeed full halves.

A tip that was posted on the previous thread: if you select "Beginner" when the demo launches the halves are 3 minutes instead of 2. You can then adjust the difficulty setting to something more challenging before a match, just make sure to select Beginner at the start of the demo.

agaru

Omiee said:
so what are some of the differences between the pc version and the console versions, cuz man its such a huge improvment over last years game on pc.
is the new manager mode in..?
Not sure about the new Career Mode for PC, I think it's not featured but I could be wrong. Pro Passing, Personality+, 360° jostling, and Be a GK are all in the consoles version but not in the PC's.

Slizz

Massa said:
A tip that was posted on the previous thread: if you select "Beginner" when the demo launches the halves are 3 minutes instead of 2. You can then adjust the difficulty setting to something more challenging before a match, just make sure to select Beginner at the start of the demo.
Yup been doing that lol still doesn't give me my fix :lol

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
agaru said:
Not sure about the new Career Mode for PC, I think it's not featured but I could be wrong. Pro Passing, Personality+, 360° jostling, and Be a GK are all in the consoles version but not in the PC's.

Wow that's lame.

MMaRsu

Colocho said:
Don't know if PES or FIFA this year

Say what now?

Also, I'll buy this game next month sometime..or the month after that. Fifa10 will hold me over quite nicely.

The demo is more challenging when you play a human opponent than the CPU. Sometimes I can't even pass to anyone, pisses me off. But I still can't get enough of it :lol

Remy

Having not bought a FIFA game since '97 (indoor soccer mode, woo!) and skipped on Winning Eleven since this generation started, I'm jumping back in with FIFA 11. Tried both demos, didn't feel PES/WE at all.

Oh yeah, in for the PS3 whatever-we're-doing.

Max

I am not Max
I still need to check out the demo, it'll be my first FIFA game, ever

Great OP by the way.

adelante

thanks guys! less than week's worth of wait, hargh! :D

SuperÑ said:
You forgot the awesome spanish cover, you dumbass!

http://imgur.com/mbo2Q.jpg[//IMG]

[spoiler]lol, j/k. Awesome OT[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Woops...added! =p

Also added in the OP: recommended PC specs.

Vard

Can't wait!

Foob said:
totally buying this

will be in the ps3 league, if anyone else even joins..

I'm down if there is one. Realistically I don't think we'll have one... We'll probably just end up creating a thread in Online to add each other for exhibition matches, which is still a-ok with me.

ATF487

PUMPED FOR THIS

I'm getting the 360 version, gonna take Liverpool to the top of the EPL (because it won't happen in real life)

Tf53

Hopefully getting this early next week (Tuesday or Wednesday). The demo feels so good, I can't wait to get my hands on the final product. I really hope they haven't fucked up the online this time around. World Cup 2010 was stacked with online options, and it'll be a bummer if this is a huge downgrade.

My roommate is from El Salvador and he is a huge FCB fan. He wants to get this, I'll probably try it out then.

One question, is it worth getting 11 if you don't play online or get 10 for $25? He would never play online but only with friends from University and my other roommates.

Tf53

sweetvar26 said:
My roommate is from El Salvador and he is a huge FCB fan. He wants to get this, I'll probably try it out then.

One question, is it worth getting 11 if you don't play online or get 10 for $25? He would never play online but only with friends from University and my other roommates.
Based on simply the demo, I'd say 11 is a more fluent game of football. There are also added single player features (play as keeper, longer pro career etc.), so I'd say it's worth it getting 11. Then again, if you're just looking at getting a footie game, FIFA 10 is also a solid game.

Dash Kappei said:
Wow that's lame.
Not really. They have to start porting somewhere. Next year the PC version will be on par with the 360 version. I remember the same thing happened with Madden on PC where Madden 2001 was just a lame PSX engine version dressed up with better graphics (not unlike previous FIFAs on PC being dressed up PS2 versions), Madden 2002 PC was a port of Madden 2001 PS2, and Madden 2003 PC was basically the Xbox version of Madden 2003.

Slizz

k0ji-wd said:
Thanks dude! :D

Thanks for the apathy bro!
Lol my bad, it's just that I never bought FIFA10 and I missed getting in the league for 09. We also didn't do a WC2010 thing either. I just really wanna be in a league.

Plus I don't think I'd be that good on a club, never done it before.

Top Bottom