• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

agaru

^ +4

We need a GAF club on PS3!

I'm finding playing on full manual in the demo far more enjoyable than it was in FIFA 10 and WC. The reduced pace/acceleration/reactions are definitely helping. The game just flows better on full manual than it was in previous FIFAs. Also, the new personality+ and passing mechanics seem to play a role in this somehow.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Free t-shirt from HMV:

690745_001.JPG

Merovin

drmcclin said:
+8 for the PS3 club

I was going to skip this year but the demo really sold me.

+9!
Got it all pre-ordered, cannot wait. Still waiting for the day I get good at fifa though! :lol

Picking this up on PS3 (+10 I guess). I wonder how much trade in value I'll get for 10 and the World Cup. I'm guessing below $20. (AUD)

rac

Banned
Seeing as I would lose features if I buy the pc version I'm going to buy the 360 version. Going to be my first fifa purchase, so ready.

jcutner

rac said:
Seeing as I would lose features if I buy the pc version I'm going to buy the 360 version. Going to be my first fifa purchase, so ready.

damn
just read the other page
that's unfortunate
quite enjoyed playing the demo on my pc with everything turned up :( but it did feel like it wasn't all there
shame.

rac

Banned
Yeah I love playing the demo on my pc. Just can't justify losing features, even if I wouldn't really notice it anyways.

Monies are tight right now because I just got a bitchin' new apartment, but I must have this day 1 so I might trade in some shit if necessary. Not long now boys!

Vard

There's clearly interest in a PS3 league. So who is the fine person that will actually handle it and make it a reality...? Please let yourself be known.

adelante

FIFAInformer has got a fairly detailed review of the game up on their site:
FIFAInformer said:
Set for release on 1 October 2010, FIFA 11 is always highly anticipated and this year’s instalment will not disappoint. Although not crammed with much innovation, it is the refinements to a much loved game engine that most will appreciate. With a predominant focus on gameplay, this review aims to dissect all its features and give you some valuable hints as to how to master certain areas. This review is not to pro and con every feature, but to offer the seasoned FIFA player a more detailed in depth look at its inner workings!

http://www.fifainformer.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=254&Itemid=1

agaru

IronFistedChampion said:
Anyone...?
Kaka has 4* rating for skill moves in FIFA 11. The ATATW requires 5 stars. You can check the skill-moves rating for any player in his stats page: team management > squad > press the right stick on the player's name.

Tf53

Zep said:
How much of a joke is it that the PC version doesn't get new '11 features..
Not nearly as much of a joke as FIFA 10 on PC was. I can't believe people are bitching about the PC version now that EA at least tries to update it to achieve parity with the console versions. FIFA 12 will be identical on PC and consoles.

Zep

Banned
Tf53 said:
Not nearly as much of a joke as FIFA 10 on PC was. I can't believe people are bitching about the PC version now that EA at least tries to update it to achieve parity with the console versions. FIFA 12 will be identical on PC and consoles.

The fact that its gonna take EAsports, with its limitless resources, 3 years to make a game equal to the console is hilarious. Don't sit there any make excuses for a company...Nobody gives a fuck about Fifa 12 right now.

Tf53

Zep said:
The fact that its gonna take EAsports, with its limitless resources, 3 years to make a game equal to the console is hilarious. Don't sit there any make excuses for a company...Nobody gives a fuck about Fifa 12 right now.
I'm just saying, if you want to bitch, bitch about two years ago, not now when they're actually doing something about it.

Snowballo

Got it.

Something that sounds strange to me.

Inter FC, Milan, Juve, Roma = all 4 stars and a half
Man-U, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barca = all 5 stars

I hope the first online update fixes this.

I should go for:

Man-U, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barca, Inter FC = 5 stars
Man-U, Milan = 4 and a half
Roma, Juve = 4 stars

Anyway, the king is back.

fifa111.jpg

fifa112.jpg

agaru

Congrats man. They got Eto'o puma boots and the official Siera A ball, nice.

Yeah, I agree that Inter should be rated 5*, but the overall team rating in fifa is something that I sometimes don't understand how it's calculated. For example, from a new video of the retail version I watched yesterday:

Chelsea (5*): attack 82 - midfield 80 - defence 81
Inter (4.5*): attack 86 - midfield 81 - defence 80

Shouldn't Inter be rated overall better than Chlesea according to those stats?

agaru said:

Yeah, I agree that Inter should be rated 5*, but the overall team rating in fifa is something that I sometimes don't understand how it's calculated. For example, from a new video of the retail version I watched yesterday:

Could it be that Chelsea has more higher rated players on the bench hence the 5 stars. Or conversely more higher rated players in their first 11 hence the 5 stars. Probably one of the two.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Being American, I've never really paid any attention to these games. Having said that, I have had a sudden urge to see how well these games are.

How well do these play? Judging from the comments, it seems pretty fucking popular. Is this the Madden (Haven't bought one of these in ages, so I'm not even sure if this is the top dog in Football/egghand) of soccer/football?

EvaPlusMinus said:
Being American, I've never really paid any attention to these games. Having said that, I have had a sudden urge to see how well these games are.

How well do these play? Judging from the comments, it seems pretty fucking popular. Is this the Madden (Haven't bought one of these in ages, so I'm not even sure if this is the top dog in Football/egghand) of soccer/football?

Yes it is in terms of popularity and sales.

The demo is on PSN & Xbox Live for download to see if you like it.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
LabouredSubterfuge said:
Yes it is in terms of popularity and sales.

The demo is on PSN & Xbox Live for download to see if you like it.

I actually think I will. Thanks man.

agaru

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Could it be that Chelsea has more higher rated players on the bench hence the 5 stars. Or conversely more higher rated players in their first 11 hence the 5 stars. Probably one of the two.
Hmm, I think you're right. Looks like the overall star rating covers all players including substitutes, while the attack/mid/def stats tag presents the average rating for the starting 11 only. That explains it.

Haunted said:
I want to buy it for Özil on the German cover alone.
That's a legit reason. :D

Snowballo

agaru said:

Thanks man.
I think that, as explained later, there is some kind of funcion that give you the result in stars.
Anyway, not just because I'm a supporter of FC Inter (since I don't use that team and in general 5 stars teams in Fifa), I think that the team that won its country championship, its country cup and the Champion's League (the famous triplete made by Barca the year before), should at least have five stars.

Considering this Manchester shouldn't deserve five stars also. And, of course, I cannot believe that Milan, Roma and expecially Juventus (that did shit last year) are up to 4 stars and an half.

Anyway... :)

-Amon-

Snowballo said:
ThaI cannot believe that Milan, Roma and expecially Juventus (that did shit last year) are up to 4 stars and an half.

Anyway... :)

Juventus is 4 stars only because it's full of gobbi ( juventus supporters ) here in Italy and with their team represented in the game in a realistic way they'd whine like there is no tomorrow lol.

Tf53

Snowballo said:
Thanks man.
I think that, as explained later, there is some kind of funcion that give you the result in stars.
Anyway, not just because I'm a supporter of FC Inter (since I don't use that team and in general 5 stars teams in Fifa), I think that the team that won its country championship, its country cup and the Champion's League (the famous triplete made by Barca the year before), should at least have five stars.
That was last year's Inter. So in effect, you are saying that Inter should have 5 stars in FIFA 10.
Quick, someone check the PC version of FIFA 11 to verify this

Top Bottom