• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 Online League [PS3]

onemic said:
oh damn then I guess I'll go with ManC, Tottenham if ManC's been 5 stared

According to the online rosters these are the premiere league teams that you can you (not limited to PL though)

AVFC
Rovers
Bolton
Everton
Fulham
Norwich
QPR
SToke
Sunderland
Swansea
West Brom
Wigan
Wolves

froliq

Here's a list of 5 star teams so people know which ones they can't pick (might be missing more from the italian league, but I doubt it)

Arsenal
Chelsea
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchest United
Tottenham

Barcelona
Real Madrid

Bayern München

AC Milan
Interazionale

Onemic, you can pick whenever you come back. I'd like to get started.

And with the second/first pick in the draft, I'll take

QMuVc.png

rinse82, you're on the clock.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Pick your teaaaaaaaaaaams, I want to pick mine :D

No matter what, just list me as picking Philadelphia Union from the MLS as my team.
Its my home town team, my team I am a season ticket holder for and team whos supporters group Im a part of and good or bad I will win lose or get slaughtered as my Union boys before I anything else, blue and gold till death :)

Kinan

Pkm said:
No matter what, just list me as picking Philadelphia Union from the MLS as my team.
Its my home town team, my team I am a season ticket holder for and team whos supporters group Im a part of and good or bad I will win lose or get slaughtered as my Union boys before I anything else, blue and gold till death :)

Hi five, I would also play for Dynamo Kiev no matter the ratings, if EA would add it to roster. :p PES have it in for ages already. :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Since I am going to bed in a few minutes, but dont want to keep up the list:

If sun-drop wont take it, I'll take:

Bayer Leverkusen

If he already took that team, I'll take:

Borussia Dortmund

I'll represent Germany GAF :D

Toma

Then I am taking Bayer Leverkusen, as mentioned above.

rinse82

To make things easier, here is a running tally of teams taken so far

Juventus
Napoli
Roma
Villarreal
Bayer Leverkusen

froliq

I'll pick a team when I'm home in 2-3hours. If Kinan sees this message before I've picked then he can go first.

Kinan

froliq said:
I'll pick a team when I'm home in 2-3hours. If Kinan sees this message before I've picked then he can go first.

Thanks froliq, i'm not sure I'll be able to check the gaf later today, so I pick right away, thanks to your kindness. :)

125px-Olympique_Lyon.svg.png

Olympique Lyon.

Toma

Woohoo, and with that everybody has a team. So lets go! :)

rinse82

I blind picked Napoli, but after winning 3 games in a row with them last night online, I'm happy with my choice =)

Cavani, Hamšík, Lavezzi is a fantastic trio up front.

thomasbk

Damn you sun-drop! I've only played with roma for the last like 10 years in video games! Never had a conflict with anyone!

I'll take Fulham then!

PSN: TBKkiller

OP updated with final team listing and schedule. At the moment everyone plays each other one time. If we want, we can add a second half to the schedule so everyone plays each other twice.

I don't really care who is considered the "home team," but make sure score is reported here in the following (or similar) format

Player A - Team A 2:3 Player B - Team B

Messi 64' (Team A)
Pedroia 76' (Team B)
Beane 77' (Team A)
King 78' (Team A)
Knaak 90' (Team B)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Please try to get your games done in the scheduled order if at all possible. First two weeks should be done by the 21st of October.

kinan and the_korben I'm available any time after 5:00pm eastern if you want to play (any day of the week)

Toma

sun-drop said:
i'm avail now through the next 7 hours ?

Hey :) I'll invite you to a match in a few minutes. Give me a bit time to practice 1-2 matches.

Kinan

Ok, I'm away next week (starting from Sunday) so need to play next 2-3 matches today and tomorrow. Shallnoiseupon, onem1c and the_korben, I'll be up today starting from ~9pm CET/3pm eastern till ~12pm CET/6pm eastern. Lets do it! :)

Kinan said:
Ok, I'm away next week (starting from Sunday) so need to play next 2-3 matches today and tomorrow. Shallnoiseupon, onem1c and the_korben, I'll be up today starting from ~9pm CET/3pm eastern till ~12pm CET/6pm eastern. Lets do it! :)

Alright I'll try to catch you when I get home to play.

sun-drop

Toma said:
TomaLexi - Bayer Leverkusen 1:1 Sun-Drop - Roma

Derdiyok 34' (Bayer Leverkusen)
Ibrahimovic 45' (Roma)

Totally didnt deserve to win this one with the chances I've left out. So stupid.

sorry bro totally didn't realise that was a gaf leauge match, i was playing as AC .. :/

plus we dont play till round two anyways mate

Toma

sun-drop said:
sorry bro totally didn't realise that was a gaf leauge match, i was playing as AC .. :/

plus we dont play till round two anyways mate

Ah, didnt even notice that. I am going to play round 1 today anyway, so I thought it wouldnt matter if round 2 would have been played 2 hours earlier :p

OP said that we should get the first 2 rounds done within one week, so i tried doing that :)

But all right, next game is for real ;)

Toma

1st round

TomaLexi - Bayer Leverkusen
1:2 benny_a - Borussia Dortmund

Kagawa 45' (Borussia Dortmund)
Barrios 45' (Borussia Dortmund)
Subotic 70' (OG Borussia Dortmund)

Congrats, you were definitely the better player in that match. You didnt even let me score my 1 goal myself :p

Kinan

Toma said:
Ah, didnt even notice that. I am going to play round 1 today anyway, so I thought it wouldnt matter if round 2 would have been played 2 hours earlier :p

OP said that we should get the first 2 rounds done within one week, so i tried doing that :)

But all right, next game is for real ;)

I do think we should allow for 1 match switch in the playing order - makes it more flexible to execute. Not more than 1 or max 2 (in emergency cases) though, otherwise the table will be a mess. :)

Part of the reason was the keep the tables organized, but part of the reason was because I didn't want anyone to play like 11 matches in a week and then be totally done. That doesn't seem very fun.

Also, I believe the image in the OP of the bracket and table is self-updating, so when I put scores in it will take care of it. Pretty neat if I do say so myself.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops

froliq

rinse82 said:
rurunu, let me know when you're free bud.

PKM, you too (round 2)
I'm available right now and for the next 3 hours. Normally I'll be available pretty much every evening euro time (GMT+1).

rinse82

froliq said:
I'm available right now and for the next 3 hours. Normally I'll be available pretty much every evening euro time (GMT+1).

I won't be home from work till around 6:30pm EST

froliq

rinse82 said:
I won't be home from work till around 6:30pm EST
Oh well can't do today then. Added you on PSN so just ask me whenever you see me online. I should be playing alot of other stuff in the weekend and over the next week on my PS3.

Just got embarassed by Kinan. So hard.

1st Round

Kinan - OL 7:2 ShallNoiseUpon - Juventus

38' Kallstrom (OL)
42' Gomis (OL)
51' Gomis (OL)
66' Lopez (OL)
80' Lopez (OL)
81' Vucinic (Juventus
HELL YEAH. CHECK IT OUT! :'(
)
89' Quagliarella (Juventus)