• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 - All purpose PS3 tourney/Pro Clubs thread

Remy

You are not yet in the squad, right? Foob still needs to accept a few.

Edit: Ah no, you are already in. You still need to create a Pro though according to the club list.

Weird - I've got one around a 78 or 79 and have been playing with him most of the week...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Weird - I've got one around a 78 or 79 and have been playing with him most of the week...
Hm, wouldnt be the first bug I encounter in this game =p
So, new day, new try. Let me know if anyone wants to try clubs.

JLG-

Hm, wouldnt be the first bug I encounter in this game =p
So, new day, new try. Let me know if anyone wants to try clubs.

No one was on yesterday. Just me and you and then you signed off and it was just me and PKM so didn't really get a chance to get any games in. Hopefully more people are on today.

Edit: Fooby is on right now want to do some matches Toma?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
No one was on yesterday. Just me and you and then you signed off and it was just me and PKM so didn't really get a chance to get any games in. Hopefully more people are on today.

Alright, you are on, Fooby is on and I am on. Shot him a message, lets try!

Toma

We are finally playing! Anyone may feel free to join :)

Edit: Sorry guys for some of my passes. Do you also have this really weird input lag? Like half a second later than what I press. Really annoying.

Toma

Ariiiight, so today we made the promotion to division 8, where we currently have 3 wins and 3 losses. From the remaining 4 games, we need 1 win to secure promotion.

Toma

keen to get involved on this if still possible.

Generally, sure. Over for tonight though. Add FoobyDoo on PSN with your GAF username, then join the Run on Play FC as a friends club. Which positions do you prefer?

Jezabel

Generally, sure. Over for tonight though. Add FoobyDoo on PSN with your GAF username, then join the Run on Play FC as a friends club. Which positions do you prefer?

these aussie time zones might be a pain :p ill message him, i prefer out on the wing

Toma

All of you guys who havent mentioned it yet, it would be nice to know which positions you prefer to play as.

Remy

All of you guys who havent mentioned it yet, it would be nice to know which positions you prefer to play as.

Like I said early - I'm officially listed at CAM but can float anywhere midfield or forward. You don't want me playing defense, most likely.

Should be able to play after 10PM ET tonight.

Played about 3-5 games with the club th other night, good times, still trying to get my CB skills up.

Bumped up to 6'3" 200lbs :) Tired of getting knocked on my ass, now I HAVE to hang back cause my ACC/SPD s looooow lol.
Up to an 81, all the basic defensive stuff is finished, working on the MASSIVE requirements like 200+ of things.

ABout to unlock Acro Clearance and almost Power Header...cant wait for the header, maybe it will step up my corners and I'll actually sink one.
I must be 0 for 1000 on headers from corners...they ALWAYS, ALWAYS go to thelft or right of the post...

I miss you guy all the time, mostly cause I guess my times are wacked.

I cant play to the wife and kid go to bed (after 10pm Est) sometimes to Im on during the day since I'm laid off currently.

It be nice to get a more then 1 or 2 of us, I would LOVE to see us do work 5+ players :)

JLG-

I'm going on right now.

edit: Remy and Nullpointer are on. Lets do some matches. Also see Fooby but he's on netflix.

2nd edit: Remy we are in the pro clubs room if you want to do a match

Was fun to play.. a game and a 1/2 lol

Kicked from second game before it loaded, then EA servers going down..what luck.

Thing thats killing me is for some odd reason I'm getting small bits of constant stuttering in club play, never in drop in tho just club. Seems like every button I hit or direction I hit to move is early or late..or sometimes not at all.
Such a pain to get off tackles or headers to the point I get beat in the air by 5 foot strikers cause I dont jump, I hit the button and *nothing* or hit the tackle button then tackle late allowing the player to go right by...

Frustrating, makes me feel terrible when we play like I'm constantly fucking up :(

You guys all see the same single red bar on latency when we play right? But no stuttering right?..game hates me.

Toma

Was fun to play.. a game and a 1/2 lol

Kicked from second game before it loaded, then EA servers going down..what luck.

Thing thats killing me is for some odd reason I'm getting small bits of constant stuttering in club play, never in drop in tho just club. Seems like every button I hit or direction I hit to move is early or late..or sometimes not at all.
Such a pain to get off tackles or headers to the point I get beat in the air by 5 foot strikers cause I dont jump, I hit the button and *nothing* or hit the tackle button then tackle late allowing the player to go right by...

Frustrating, makes me feel terrible when we play like I'm constantly fucking up :(

You guys all see the same single red bar on latency when we play right? But no stuttering right?..game hates me.

I have the exact same issue. When I notice that I resort to staying in the midfield and safe passing usually to Rude/JLG who always seems to have no problems.

Toma

Btw, guys. Whenever you play, please post the current league stats of the club.

Right now we are 2 points short of promotion to league 7 with 2 games left.

JChalmers

Neo Member
I'll try and be available at some point this week problem about being in GMT to play at a decent time with you I need to stay up until early hours of the morning!

Any plans for games tonight?

Toma

I'll try and be available at some point this week problem about being in GMT to play at a decent time with you I need to stay up until early hours of the morning!

Any plans for games tonight?

I am always in GMT+1 :p

I definitely would like to play some today. Depends on who is online later I guess.

Toma

We are still playing btw. Made the promotion to league 7 and trying not to relegate atm, lol.

We got are asses handed to us, repeatedly, lol...

I think after the last loss everyone kinda "rage quit" for the night it was so frustrating..I was folling with the plays/pace and nothing worked, ultra attack, team pressing, offsides traps..nope, the soccer gods decided to fuck us any way possible.

Its like every lose ball goes the other way, every pass/run is stopped before it starts..we just fell to pieces those last few games :/ Was fun tho :)

On a lighter note I FINALLY SCORED A GOAL!! After all my bitching my CB nailed 2 headers and cleaned up a loose ball in the box...still, we eithier lost those games or it ended in a tie but god damn it I was on cloud nine!

JChalmers

Neo Member
Bah why did I not see you lot playing last night. Really need to check on here while I'm playing.

I'm useless when it comes to noticing who's online too so tonight throw me an invite and I'll accept.

Toma

Bah why did I not see you lot playing last night. Really need to check on here while I'm playing.

I'm useless when it comes to noticing who's online too so tonight throw me an invite and I'll accept.
Well,lol. We did send you a few psn messages =p

I'll be one tonight if you guys are playing. Most likely after 10pm, gotta go sit in the rain tonight for 3 hours at my sons academy team practice :/

I think we will get better too, its the learning curve playing with the AI and finding tactics. While we did leak quite a few goals I think are biggest obstacle is creating space and having better chances rather then a fluke/lucky goal. We need to find ways to create more chances that have a beter chance of hitting the back of the net, more break aways and shots with defenders not on our backs or in our faces.

iFootball

I'll also be online tonight, approximately after 9:00 pm (EST), hopefully more people join too..

I think we've been quite capable of scoring the one or two goals we need per game, and we need to better organized at defending, as we tend to run a lot and "throw" ourselves towards forwards, leaving many gaps behind ... We should be more patient and organized defending, holding the attacks effectively (holding with L2 then using 'X' at the right moment... Square only when we'll positioned)

At front , I think we just need more people playing =) so we're not relaying on the CPUs positioning for great plays... When we manage to align the players properly, we've been capable at creating pretty good atacks.

brentech

PS3 Fifa Players

Join GAF's PS3 Club... we definitely welcome new people!... we've been trying to play together everyday based on who's online, and we would love to have more players... newcomers and experts all welcomed!, it would just be nice to have more people at the same time... Club is very relaxed, people come in & out depending on their schedule, so its open for everyone and we have a great time.

Edit: I should add that every year I used to tend to stick to H2H "seasons"
and I basically ignore Career, Manager, UT, etc. lol... every single year
, but trying out GAF's Club this year has been very refreshing playing as a team with GAF... even if we loose lol
Sign me up.
I've been playing and enjoying a lot of UT, so I haven't really progressed at all with my online pro, but the few games I've dropped into show that playing with a group would be great.
I don't mind playing D. Didn't really play FIFA 12, but 11 I played on both systems and usually stuck to CB or mid. I'm not very aggressive. Prefer to fall back and try to cut off lanes and try to make the tackle when they make a mistake.

Toma

Sign me up.
I've been playing and enjoying a lot of UT, so I haven't really progressed at all with my online pro, but the few games I've dropped into show that playing with a group would be great.
I don't mind playing D. Didn't really play FIFA 12, but 11 I played on both systems and usually stuck to CB or mid. I'm not very aggressive. Prefer to fall back and try to cut off lanes and try to make the tackle when they make a mistake.

Add Foob (see post 2 in this thread) on PSN and wait for the activation.

Hieberrr

Haha, sorry, had no idea you were doing this at the same time...

Club name is: Run of Play FC

It's open to friends so if you want to add me on PSN, I'm foobydoo. Otherwise you can get in if you want to send a transfer request - feel free to send one and let me know who you are on GAF to make it easier.

Members (PSN u/n) - Preferred Position:

FoobyDoo - midfield (any)
TomaLexi - midfield (any)
x--RuDE--x - ST
JChalmers - ?
merrygoround656 - ?
NullPointer - midfield
PKM - CB
RemyVJA - ?
Hieberrr - RMF

Request sent :)

brentech

Nice bunch of first games with you guys. Only lost 1 and went from 0pts to promotion and championship. Good times.

Gotta get used to the difference in input lag online. A few of my attempted lob passes or through passes went way long on me. Otherwise it felt alright.

Toma

Haha, great, so we won 7 games yesterday? Only managed to play the first 5 victories :) 21/24 points is damn amazing.

Toma

Sorry for rejecting the game offer yesterday Foob. It was already 4 am, and I was about to go to bed. Hope we'll get to play again soon though!

I'm about to get on right now.

What time do you guys usually play at?

Seems everyone is on at sporadic times, myself its usually after 10pm and small bits along the day.
Been filling the time when nobody is on with alot of drop in matches, actually found a 1vs1 drop in and the guys messaged me pre-game "Go goal for goal?" so we took turns scoring on each other to complete accomplishments :)

Hope to see you guys on this weekend, I seem to miss the win streaks and must be bad luck :/ Eithier we squeak a win out, get a tie, ....lose...or the servers go down (yep, happened twice during club meet ups for me *Grrrr*)

Finally up to a 83/84 skill, did defensive positions for 50+ matches to bolster those skills, alot easier to get 100 tackles and 100 defensive headers then "chip the keeper" or "score within 3 years" etc..
Really great if you can find someone to boost like I did, or its luck finding a drop in match were you can get someone to pass to you or a club match were the competition is higher.

Feels good to actually have to decide between mutiple "special" skills for once rather then "long throw in" and "skilled dribbling". I REALLY want power headers since I'm most enjoying CDM and it will be a viable weapon since my shooting skills wont be as potent.

Top Bottom