• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 - All purpose PS3 tourney/Pro Clubs thread

wbsmcs

Interested in joining a league/cup

Also interested in playing some of you guys online. It gets boring always playing Barcelona and Madrid.

Add me up for a friendly: LivingL3GENDx

brentech

Some good games today. So much fun playing with everyone, although we're a bit out of sync at times.

Had a lot of input lag today. Kept showing bad connection at the game ready screen . Managed to get quite a few assists and a goal though today.

The game that got pushed to OT that we nailed 2 goals in was awesome. Even down a man, lol

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Currently division 6, we didnt manage to get the promotion and lost the first 2 games of the new seasosn :/ Sucky start.

We need MOAR people!

Got 3 on (2 in a game and me waiting currently to hop back in).

The more we have the better we would do not havign to rely on the stupid AI :/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sorry guys, when i went on yesterday only Foob was online and he wasnt playing, so I went to bed early. I guess you were playing later :/

brentech

I think we have people trying to receive the ball while sprinting too often. With first touch, the ball goes almost anywhere but planned. Also trying to get too fancy on the dribble. Using skill moves while 2 defenders closing in.
Just shutting down some of those little errors would allow us to create more shots. We lose the ball in/near the opponents box all too often when we could at least have a chance at goal if we just played it cool.

No one I play with in our club has tried anything too crazy, so don't get me wrong. Just little things we could all work on. Everyone is going to lose the ball for silly reasons with the delay lag in club matches.

Toma

Back tonight at home. Anyone online later? In about 4-5 hours?

I'll be on later tonight after he Walking Dead.

I think we have people trying to receive the ball while sprinting too often. With first touch, the ball goes almost anywhere but planned. Also trying to get too fancy on the dribble. Using skill moves while 2 defenders closing in.
Just shutting down some of those little errors would allow us to create more shots. We lose the ball in/near the opponents box all too often when we could at least have a chance at goal if we just played it cool.

No one I play with in our club has tried anything too crazy, so don't get me wrong. Just little things we could all work on. Everyone is going to lose the ball for silly reasons with the delay lag in club matches.

I agree, we have just a few little issues to iron out and we could be great.

Toma

I'll be on later tonight after he Walking Dead.

I agree, we have just a few little issues to iron out and we could be great.

Yeah, we should try going across the flanks with a proper striker in the middle, or we could try some more passing with distance shots. Those seem to be rather easy to score in this game.

Toma

We finally got promoted to Div 5!

Where we are going to get our asses beaten! First game, we were super lucky to even snatch a draw.

JLG-

We're 1 win away from division 4. We have 3 games to get 3 points.

Im game. Where do I sign up ? My psn name is sgtkl4w

Add Foob on psn tell him you're from GAF and join the club. It would probably be a good idea to add all of us on psn so we know if you're on or not. (2nd post for psn's)

Toma

Add Foob on psn tell him you're from GAF and join the club. It would probably be a good idea to add all of us on psn so we know if you're on or not. (2nd post for psn's)

Nice! Planning to play tonight again?

brentech

Damn, nice
Alreadyon the team obviously, but my info fr anyone that wants to add to to the friend list.
Brentech - midfield/RB

Toma

Ah ,shoot. Wanted to get on to play some matches but PSN maintenance.

Dang.

xintin

Oh wow I didnt know there was PS3 club, any room? If not add me for some random games too, PSN is the same as my username.

Lyng

Is this a EU or US club?

I played alot of pro clubs in 11 and 12.

But I have been holding of on buying 13 because my old teammates have stopped playing. Would love to play with GAF :)

I usually play as a playmaker. Be that as COM or a more deeplying defensive playmaker (Carrick style).

Toma

Is this a EU or US club?

I played alot of pro clubs in 11 and 12.

But I have been holding of on buying 13 because my old teammates have stopped playing. Would love to play with GAF :)

I usually play as a playmaker. Be that as COM or a more deeplying defensive playmaker (Carrick style).

Its a EUS club! ;p

Toma

I hear there is no boosting your Pro offline? What is the best way to level your Pro?

Play lots of online matches. You can play and compete even if your pro isnt the best in the world. Play for a few hours and put a few coins into unlocking online Pro achievements are they arent that bad.

I hear there is no boosting your Pro offline? What is the best way to level your Pro?

If you want to boost goal/dribbling stuff heres what I do.

Pick drop in match, keep leaving and launching the match till its your alone in the room or just one guy is in thier waiting.
Quickly push to the open team and hit "ready" if he does the same then you have a 1 vs. 1 game. You each select any, he gives ball to your keeper, you drop and dribble it out, he steals it scores any way he needs (3ft away, long shot, finesse etc..) You go back and forth running the keeper out.
This is also good for basic passing. Each spend a half passing from pro to CB back and forth, usually can get 300 passes or more per game.
Message him, or wait for his message, and say "Boost? Goal for Goal"

As a Defender/CDM goals and dribbling would be a chore for me to accomplish but luckily Ive had numerous players looking to do this same tactic so Ive played about 20 such games. You and your boosting buddy will get 10-15 goals per boost game, some minor accomplishments like dribbling/fake shots in box etc..

Stuff like tackles, assist, etc.. is still a chore. Maybe if your lucky you might find a guy who says "lets just tackle the shit out of each other" but I have yet too :)
I play defender 90% of the time and have yet to get the power header trait, but have almost every other trait/celebration/boot kit/hair unlocked.
Roughly, 120 games played, 86/85 CAM/FWD 84/85 DEF through these methods of basic playing, GAF club, and like I said about 20ish boost goal games.

Awsome! Will buy the game right away if you want me in the club :)

Oh wow I didnt know there was PS3 club, any room? If not add me for some random games too, PSN is the same as my username.

YES! Come join us ASAP! While we have quite a few active players playtimes limit when we can ll be on together. More people = more chances to have mutiple players on = Less brain dead AI players FUCKING us up lol.

Play lots of online matches. You can play and compete even if your pro isnt the best in the world. Play for a few hours and put a few coins into unlocking online Pro achievements are they arent that bad.

This too. You get the ability to buy +1 to certain skills. Every level or every few levels will have a ceratin +1 skill you can buy, really helps and maks you wann aget that next level to buy that +1 passing, then level again just for that +1 shooting etc..
I think tho as you level higher and higher the ability to purchase +1 skills becomes fewer and fewer. I know I was given 1 purchase at 27, none at 28, and am waiting for 29 so I can buy a +1 again.

I do hope they do something to patch up how the games are playing out and the connection issues. Lag, horrific terrible lag which equates to stutering frame rates all match long and input lag that makes you wanna rip your hair out (Penalty shoot-out..GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!) Every match shows both parties with red 1 bar connections, the game can push out 11 v 11 drop in matches but by god does it shit the bed in a 3 v 4 :/
Lets not forget also the EVERY match type "freezing" at the exploding ball or be stuck in the arena. Watch everyone check the "skip scene" box only to have the game freeze, be it drop in or club matches this shit is an everywhere.

As for game play...5 man defences back every game is the only way to play. I mean you could do a 4 man, we tried, but when every single team you face is rocking a 5 man, high pressure, hold L1 defense...well, you can to do the same. Its eithier 5 man line or fall victim to lob passes over AI defenders who forget to mark thier man, jump, or go from run to jockey for no reason other then to get beat.

Lyng

Yeah 5 man defence was very effective in 12 aswell.
Do you guys use Skype or something to communicate? It makes setting up better plays alot smoother.

Remy

Only problem with the five man back line is that it limits the offense pretty badly. I think we went three games yesterday without scoring while playing the 5-4-1.

(But part of that problem is the game's asinine "NO YOU STAND OVER THERE OR ELSE YOU LOSE RATING POINTS" system, as it limits how the AI will play.)

Only problem with the five man back line is that it limits the offense pretty badly. I think we went three games yesterday without scoring while playing the 5-4-1.

(But part of that problem is the game's asinine "NO YOU STAND OVER THERE OR ELSE YOU LOSE RATING POINTS" system, as it limits how the AI will play.)

So very true.

We didnt do to bad when we had 3 or 4 on tho, I mean we werent a scoring juggernaut lol. It would idea to have 5 on so only the back 5 would be AI super defense, or better yet 6 on with 5 up front and 1 guy playing as the a quality CB or a speedy wingback. Maybe send a CB up into the box from time to time for crosses?

Toma

So how's the EU/USA thing working out, people experiencing lag or is it decent alltogether?

1-on-1 matches always seem to be fine for me. Drop In Club matches are also no problem most of the time. However, GAF club matches give me super bad input lag pretty much every game.

Others dont have constant input lag in GAF matches, though.

02static

Neo Member
1-on-1 matches always seem to be fine for me. Drop In Club matches are also no problem most of the time. However, GAF club matches give me super bad input lag pretty much every game.

Others dont have constant input lag in GAF matches, though.

Crap, so it's a no go :( I'm guessing you're EU whereas the majority of gaffers are from the us?
Suppose it would be ideal if there was enough people around to go with separate teams.

Toma

Crap, so it's a no go :( I'm guessing you're EU whereas the majority of gaffers are from the us?
Suppose it would be ideal if there was enough people around to go with separate teams.

I guess, yeah. We already have too many problems filling one team though, making 2 GAF teams is rather unrealistic. You could always join and see how it works for you. I still have some fun with the others even though it takes some adjusting on my side.

brentech

we have a squad ready right now if anyone else wants to join in. should be at least 4 of us on now

As to the above, I'm in the US and I get input lag myself. You should just give it a shot and see how it plays for you.

xintin

we have a squad ready right now if anyone else wants to join in. should be at least 4 of us on now

As to the above, I'm in the US and I get input lag myself. You should just give it a shot and see how it plays for you.
ill join in if I can get an invite.

Toma

already have, just waiting for response.

He added you, join a "friends pro club" - > Run on Play FC
Post again when you did, and I'll tell him to accept you.

Toma

Well, we managed NOT to relegate in division 4 with a strong season finish!

(And then went on to lose our first two games of the new season..)

I always miss you guys playing it seems :(
Seem to be able to only catch a night of club games about once a week.

Well as usual I'll be on later tonight, around 11pm-12am east coast US time.

Lyng

So I received the game today and played my first two drop in matches. Didnt go the boost way but played real 11 vs 11 instead. It was so great. It actually pays of to have a strong guy, if your playing dm now.

Second game we were down 0-2 but managed to come back. And in the 79 minute we got a corner and I scored with a header :)) I love playing with a non boosted Pro. It feels much better when things work for you!

Top Bottom