• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 Club of Gentle Lovers |Xbox 360|

Slizz

I hate when I get an accomplishment then after the game it never registers. Also played 6 matches scored 3 goals and 1 assist as a CDM but my dude is still rated 74. Frustrating lol.

Meier

Hopefully I can get some matches in tonight. Having to do some car shopping but FIFA should be sitting on my doorstep when I get home.

I checked my stats last night and my finishing is only a 48 in my current build. I guess that helps explain some things.

One more question about the control setup in FIFA13: When do people recommend using precision dribble [LB] vs. face up dribble [LT+RT] vs. pace control [LT]? Curious when the best time is to break these out. Thanks.

being that I'm a bit rusty with clubs having not played at all last year, I need some advice on winning defensive headers in the box. Offline I have no issues, but the technique I use doesn't seem to work a majority of the time

I've tried the 2 methods I remember having some success with in FIFA11

1) rapidly mashing the 'B' button
or
2) waiting a little later than usual and then holding down the 'B' button

both don't seem to be reliably working for "locking on" and defending crosses and free kicks. Anyone know what I should be doing, outside of trying to get better positioning closer to the guy I'm trying to deny?

sneaky77

being that I'm a bit rusty with clubs having not played at all last year, I need some advice on winning defensive headers in the box. Offline I have no issues, but the technique I use doesn't seem to work a majority of the time

I've tried the 2 methods I remember having some success with in FIFA11

1) rapidly mashing the 'B' button
or
2) waiting a little later than usual and then holding down the 'B' button

both don't seem to be reliably working for "locking on" and defending crosses and free kicks. Anyone know what I should be doing, outside of trying to get better positioning closer to the guy I'm trying to deny?

There's no locking on I don't think, you can try using the left trigger to fight for the ball and hold your position I believe..

There's no locking on I don't think, you can try using the left trigger to fight for the ball and hold your position I believe..

by "locking on" I mean hat generally in the box, the game wont let you even jump for a header even if you are in good position unless you are close enough to whoever the ball seems to be heading towards

We have a few requests for invites from people that aren't on the roster listed above. If you're a GAFfer that wants to join up, please post so we know who you are.

I'm going to be on for the next 2 or so hours of we have enough who want to play.
We're on now if you're still up for it.

Meier

Didn't get home til after 10 last night but I should be on tonight. Looking forward to some Clubs action!

(ended up getting a Jetta)

Welcome aboard, guys. I won't be on until later, but there should be a few people playing tonight. I assume there will be plenty of us on this weekend, as well. If you're having any problems joining the Club, please contact me, Awesome Animals, or Ragnar and we can sort it out.

By the way, has anyone been able to track down the stat page online for our Club? I've been getting errors on the EA website when trying to find it.

Welcome aboard, guys. I won't be on until later, but there should be a few people playing tonight. I assume there will be plenty of us on this weekend, as well. If you're having any problems joining the Club, please contact me, Awesome Animals, or Ragnar and we can sort it out.

By the way, has anyone been able to track down the stat page online for our Club? I've been getting errors on the EA website when trying to find it.

When I go to the web app for clubs it tells me I'm not part of a club yet. Although, I still can't access the FUT web app so who knows what is going on.

Linius

I have been busy lately but I have my copy since yesterday. Haven't gotten into making a pro yet, will do that later tonight. But if I understand correctly I should message Awesome or Ragnar for a club invite? You guys should help me out a little since I've never played clubs before :p

I have been busy lately but I have my copy since yesterday. Haven't gotten into making a pro yet, will do that later tonight. But if I understand correctly I should message Awesome or Ragnar for a club invite? You guys should help me out a little since I've never played clubs before :p
Message one of them or me. You can also search for friend's clubs or something like that, and our team should pop up. Just request a 'transfer' and one of us will approve it.

Linius

I think I'll be online in an hour or so to get things going. If I can't make any sense of it I'll just post here. Thanks for the info :)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
how active were you guys last year? Thinking of double dipping on the 360 version if theres some longevity to the clubs scene :D

how active were you guys last year? Thinking of double dipping on the 360 version if theres some longevity to the clubs scene :D
Last year kinda fell apart for a number of reasons, but we've been pretty active since FIFA09. I anticipate we'll play a fair bit this year.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Last year kinda fell apart for a number of reasons, but we've been pretty active since FIFA09. I anticipate we'll play a fair bit this year.

Awesome, clubs is my first online foray into fifa and its way more fun that i anticipated, ill give it a few weeks and if you guys are still going ill be sure to pick up the 360 version.

Linius

I created my pro and found the club. But how can I train my pro? Can you practice offline or must everything you do with your pro online?

I don't really get it so far :p

Awesome, clubs is my first online foray into fifa and its way more fun that i anticipated, ill give it a few weeks and if you guys are still going ill be sure to pick up the 360 version.
Cool. Just request a transfer when you pick it up.
I created my pro and found the club. But how can I train my pro? Can you practice offline or must everything you do with your pro online?
The only stuff you can get offline are the online booster packs via the "EAS FC" menu. Everything else has to be leveled through playing online with either your club or a random match with strangers. If we're not around, it's worth it to jump into a few random matches to get your guy some accomplishments and get a feel for how Clubs works.

Linius

I dropped into a match between The Spurs and AC Milan and lost 4-0 and got no accomplishments. But I did do multiple tackles and a shot at goal etc. Doing something wrong here? :p

sneaky77

I dropped into a match between The Spurs and AC Milan and lost 4-0 and got no accomplishments. But I did do multiple tackles and a shot at goal etc. Doing something wrong here? :p

nope.. there is a list of achievements and what you get when you unlock it.

Linius

nope.. there is a list of achievements and what you get when you unlock it.

I get it now. The thing was that I controlled many players because we had way too little real players in the lobby. So my pro hardly touched the ball. In the second game my stats went up :)

I even scored a goal, too bad it wasn't with my pro :p

Was a draw with Sweden (me and some dude) against Real Madrid, we did well.

Ragnar messaged me on XBL with the Club page over on EA.com. We're in Division 5 with a record of 21-6-12.

Can you guys post in here when you play as I am playing with the PC Club and just checking GAF at beaks haha.
As sneaky said,there will probably be some people on starting at around 7pm ET tonight. I'm not sure what people have planned for the weekend, but hopefully we can get a bunch of games in.

EDIT: Also, note that you can check this page to see who's currently online.

Linius

By that time I'll be in bed. If I'm right thats roughly two hours from now right?

In the meantime I'll be playing some random matches to get the hang of it.

It'll be a challenge trying to earn accomplishments whilst at the same remaining effective for your Club in matches. Some accomplishments require constant risk taking e.g dribbling.

Linius

It'll be a challenge trying to earn accomplishments whilst at the same remaining effective for your Club in matches. Some accomplishments require constant risk taking e.g dribbling.

Yeah, I've seen that. But I don't plan on putting my own interests before the club's interests. I like to win... :D

Slizz

We playing clubs tonight? I wanna get in a game.

Gotta a pretty decent CDM right now 83 interception rating lol, I'm stretchin all over the place.

I'll join you guys.

Edit: Sent Awesome Animals a message over XBL

Edit2: Sent the club a transfer request. I assume you guys are in a game right now.

Top Bottom