• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

Double D

Not sure what you mean by 'FIFA 15 issues'. Maybe the fact that Ultimate Team is all sorts of fucked? If so, you're safe in manager mode.

Speaking of UT though, I want that goddamn purple Hazard. I don't care if his TOTS card is better. I want this thing and have been spamming the transfer market for the last few days with no luck. I see several pop up, and even press 'Buy Now' at 59:59, but end up saying the listing expired. I ended up buying Harry Kane just for the purple-ness of it all, despite not having any desire to use him.

ACE 1991

So bought this on a whim for PC after playing it over the weekend at my girlfriend's house, the game is a lot of fun. Any tips for getting into this for someone who knows NOTHING about football and has no prior exposure to the FIFA series? I'm playing with a 360 controller and I'm not sure what I should be doing outside of the super basic controls.

Double D

So bought this on a whim for PC after playing it over the weekend at my girlfriend's house, the game is a lot of fun. Any tips for getting into this for someone who knows NOTHING about football and has no prior exposure to the FIFA series? I'm playing with a 360 controller and I'm not sure what I should be doing outside of the super basic controls.

As far as learning the game itself, the skill games are actually pretty good. While you're playing them just try to think about how you would apply them in an actual game. The shooting and crossing ones in particular.

As far as modes go I do the solo myplayer career thing (or whatever it's called in this game), and Ultimate Team. Ultimate Team is both the greatest and the worst game mode. Squad building is a blast but many of your (online) opponents will basically exploit speed and lobbed through balls (LB+Y) and frustrate the living crap out of you. But when you play someone evenly matched and with a good connection it's fantastic.

If you are interested in UT, I recommend starting off playing offline for a bit. It'll get you a feel of the game mode. The tournaments are pretty good for beginners as you can get some coins and free packs along the way.

ACE 1991

As far as learning the game itself, the skill games are actually pretty good. While you're playing them just try to think about how you would apply them in an actual game. The shooting and crossing ones in particular.

As far as modes go I do the solo myplayer career thing (or whatever it's called in this game), and Ultimate Team. Ultimate Team is both the greatest and the worst game mode. Squad building is a blast but many of your (online) opponents will basically exploit speed and lobbed through balls (LB+Y) and frustrate the living crap out of you. But when you play someone evenly matched and with a good connection it's fantastic.

If you are interested in UT, I recommend starting off playing offline for a bit. It'll get you a feel of the game mode. The tournaments are pretty good for beginners as you can get some coins and free packs along the way.

Ok, thanks! Is the online community decently sized on PC? I'll be sticking to the offline modes for a bit regardless.

Double D

I'm on PS4, but have heard the PC has the smallest community by a lot. Shouldn't have a problem finding people to play against, but if you get into UT you may have issues with the transfer market (buying/selling cards).

You may want to check out the official EA Fifa forums. It's the most active place to discuss Fifa, even if many of the people there are carved from petrified dinosaur shit. Still, some of the formation guides they post are worth looking into. I know they've helped me.

yeah, PC has the smallest market on UT by far. I've heard of people I played clubs with double dipping so they can play Clubs on PC with GAF and then UT on consoles cause the market and players are there. It shouldn't be hard to find games though as I never had problems when I tried. I have not tried recently though so maybe with the game getting older it is.

valouris

Does FIFA 15, or any other FIFA for that matter, have a first person mode? A friend of mine swears he played first person on FIFA 14 or something, but I doubt it, and I cant find anything relevant online. Are there any football games that do have an FPS camera? Not talking about the career mode or when you play as just one player. I am talking about the camera having the perspective of one single player's point of view.

jesalr

Does FIFA 15, or any other FIFA for that matter, have a first person mode? A friend of mine swears he played first person on FIFA 14 or something, but I doubt it, and I cant find anything relevant online. Are there any football games that do have an FPS camera? Not talking about the career mode or when you play as just one player. I am talking about the camera having the perspective of one single player's point of view.

No. Closest is Be A Pro, which is third person behind the player you choose.

Joe

Guys and gals, is there a way to mitigate or flat-out avoid the invisible hand/rubber band ai in this game when playing online?

It's incredibly frustrating.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Can someone go play the FIFA 15 demo and assure me I am not going crazy? The game feels slightly faster, more fluid, and passing is more immediate after you press the button. Player movement is also slightly more sped up and responsive.

lebowski4ever

Neo Member
hey fella's..got an issue i hope you can help.me with. i keep getting an message when trying to start fut. 'username has offensive letters. please change'. googled for a solution, and didn't find any. emailed ea, for all the good that will do. anybody find any solutions? downloaded the fut app but no option to sign in without facebook.

hey fella's..got an issue i hope you can help.me with. i keep getting an message when trying to start fut. 'username has offensive letters. please change'. googled for a solution, and didn't find any. emailed ea, for all the good that will do. anybody find any solutions? downloaded the fut app but no option to sign in without facebook.

if you can use EA Live chat. They are much better at finding quick solutions.

Top Bottom