• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

zeyadzoz

Neo Member
Once so far. I remember on a FIFA a few years back, 12 or 13 I think, where Career Mode would freeze all the time. Usually when pausing the game to make a sub. To think this is still going on is ridiculous.

The menus are horrible. I don't know if it's just Career Mode or the whole game, but they are so slow. It takes an age for it it to respond to my commands.

Handballs still aren't working either.

for laggy/slow career mode menus, what I do is enter my career mode before (singing in to EA servers). If it didn't work I just restart the game until it works.

for pausing the game freeze, it only freezes when the ball is out. So just try your best to remember to pause the game when the ball is not out. (it doesn't make any sense at all).

v1lla21

Keepers are stupid except when on corners. They are overpowered as fuck on corner kicks.
Also I just scored an own goal trying to clear the ball. I press circle and howedes kicks the ball which then bounces off of his face and goes past the keeper.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=boIyBweKnLxXG:ps3

Think i'm almost finished with improving my Serie A FUT now. I have a Robben card which i'm unsure what to do with. Can either introduce it into my Serie A team lowering the chemistry, create a Bundesliga team, or sell it to improve my team with TOTW players.

I've never really ended up with any TOTW players before, are the stat improvements usually noticeable and worth the inflated prices?

stay gold

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=boIyBweKnLxXG:ps3

Think i'm almost finished with improving my Serie A FUT now. I have a Robben card which i'm unsure what to do with. Can either introduce it into my Serie A team lowering the chemistry, create a Bundesliga team, or sell it to improve my team with TOTW players.

I've never really ended up with any TOTW players before, are the stat improvements usually noticeable and worth the inflated prices?

Stat differences are noticeable most of the time imo. If your main team is a Serie A one then IF Tevez and Chiellini would be good buys. They're expensive but as they're only available for a week, the prices stay consistent so you shouldn't make a loss if you decide to sell down the road (it's quite easy to make a profit actually if you check futbin and buy at the lowest available price).

Lax1085

Banned
annoyed that people exploit kick off and charge at the net with their pace. Tired of giving away free shots outside the box after a clear from a corner.

stay gold

annoyed that people exploit kick off and charge at the net with their pace

Position your midfielder just behind the centre circle, as they charge towards you hold LT and RB while backing off. 90% of the time your AI will tackle them, and if not you'll be there to do it instead.

I haven't conceded a goal that way since launch week.

AcridMeat

Banned
I went back to this game and I completely suck haha. Added Lacazette to my frontline who is fun to play with, and Navas is my new goaltender as my defense is entirely Liga BBVA.

I had a 2-0 lead which became 2-1 in the 70 something minute. Then I wish I had the replay of this but in injury time they cross the ball, my player handles it, but takes an extra second to pass it out after I said to, kicks it directly to their team in front of him with the weakest pass ever, so they stole it in the box. Navas had been making saves so I still wasn't too worried, but they shoot it and it deflects off of someone's back and into the net. I was stunned. Gonna get relegated in offline FUT back to division 3, hahaha. World Class is no joke when you suck at FIFA.

jesalr

Any way of stopping my center backs randomly charging up to an attacker? Leaves my defence all out of place, and I can't seem to stop them. I'm playing counter attack, which I'm pretty sure that's a low pressure tactic, but they just charge out and leave a massive gap behind.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yessssssssssss my best pull from a pack, got Costa. Finally some coins!

edit: Ha, no way they must have changed the rate of rare cards in packs now that the rush is over. I just got Varane and Gotze in the same pack.

S7OCCSI.jpg

I've been super lucky this Fifa with pulling Di Maria and today Kompany from packs :D!

Double D

I want to buy Benzema but don't really want to pay the 80k hes going for right now considering how much cheaper he was a week ago. He should fall back down within a few days, right?

AcridMeat

Banned
Hahaha holy shit my luck really shot up with packs, I just got Hazard!

edit: Know he's not worth much but Mandzukic as well haha.

Portugeezer

So the split second I put a player up for sale he gets bought... thought it was a little strange, I would argue not even 1 second passed.

Guess someone searched just as I put the player on the market.

AcridMeat

Banned
Wooooooooow crazy FUT game.

The guy had literally all of the highest rated players. Aguero, Ronaldo, Alexis, Bale, Modric, Di Maria, Kompany, De Gea, Hazard, etc etc.

I had 14 shots on goal he had 5 and it was a 3-3 tie -_-

edit: I decided to get more Belgians since I already had Dembele and Hazard, so I got Miralles and Lukakku. Luku has paid dividends already with 3 goals in 2 games.

Shawn6661

Is it still possible to play online with a local friend i.e. play 2vs1 or 2vs2 in "ranked" mode ?
I used to play online with a friend on xbox 360, all we had to do was "invite a guest". Is it the same on PS4 ?

Its very important to us because we only play 2vsX as 1vs1 seems dumb to us. I ask the same question in the PES but had no answer...

sneaky77

Is it still possible to play online with a local friend i.e. play 2vs1 or 2vs2 in "ranked" mode ?
I used to play online with a friend on xbox 360, all we had to do was "invite a guest". Is it the same on PS4 ?

Its very important to us because we only play 2vsX as 1vs1 seems dumb to us. I ask the same question in the PES but had no answer...

it does allow for a guest

Shantom

So I'm having an issue with the PC version. I jumped into an online game and my controller refuses to work in game. Keyboard and a second controller don't work either. It works fine in menus, but pausing the game is the only thing I can do while actually on the pitch, so I'm having to sit here and watch my opponent rack up goals while I can't do anything. Nothing like this has happened before. Anything I can do?

Gibbo

Man this thread has dropped in activity since release. Anyone tried the pc patch released yesterday? Patch note lists improvements in defence positioning as one of the changes

Moobabe

Man this thread has dropped in activity since release. Anyone tried the pc patch released yesterday? Patch note lists improvements in defence positioning as one of the changes

The patch has ruined the game for me. I can't put my finger on it but I'm 100% certain the patch notes are deliberately avoiding some things that have changed.

Hansel?

Neo Member
Is there anyone who is able/willing to give some impressions of the 3DS version? Or at least answer one question regarding how it plays? Been wanting to pick up a portable FIFA and am having a hard time really telling through videos... does the 3DS version at least play like the PS2 versions did? My last experience with portable FIFA was the DS and it was terrible.

Hello fifa-Gaf, still in debate whether to pick up fifa 15 on PS3. Any impressions of it, I played the demo a bit and kind of dug it. Really played a lot of fifa 14.

Double D

Hello fifa-Gaf, still in debate whether to pick up fifa 15 on PS3. Any impressions of it, I played the demo a bit and kind of dug it. Really played a lot of fifa 14.

No idea how it is on PS3, but I've been playing it consistently on the PS4 since it came out. There are some shitty bits about it, but at the end of the day I keep coming back to it. To be fair, though, I think I get more enjoyment out of building squads than actually using them.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Does anyone know if theres a way I can buy FIFA DLC/Points on my UK account when I purchased on my US account?

Safer than coin trading

Loving the game once again, took a few weeks break but jumped back into it a week ago, finally have a good combination of players in my FUT that compete well in online games, but I can finally play games confidentially against the cpu in the offline FUT season without much fear of losing (Bale is the only "superstar" I have in the side among the other basic gold team members).

Scored Rooney and Aguero recently in the promo packs, I plan on holding on to them and possibly use them later on (when I desire to change my line up), I don't want to sell them straight away in case they do come in handy in future team line ups.

Does anyone know if theres a way I can buy FIFA DLC/Points on my UK account when I purchased on my US account?

Safer than coin trading

I think it's coin trading or nothing, you do get two warnings before they ban you or wipe your account. Might be best to buy loads in bulk so if you get the warning it doesn't really matter. I have been thinking about it ever since I realised Zola is a legend cause I love that goddamn man.

Lashley

I think it's coin trading or nothing, you do get two warnings before they ban you or wipe your account. Might be best to buy loads in bulk so if you get the warning it doesn't really matter. I have been thinking about it ever since I realised Zola is a legend cause I love that goddamn man.

Aye coin tradings cheaper too

AcridMeat

Banned
Decided to sell Hazard to change up my line up and ended up getting Reus, Di Maria, Sturridge and Lloris in return. Feeling pretty good about that one.

Had some fun playing around with line ups, I made Podolski a striker to give Reus at least some chemistry on the wing.

Double D

So I'm typically an offline FUT player (crazy, I know), but decided to try online seasons for the first time yesterday. I'm sure people thought I was cheating somehow to bring in a squad like I have on my first game but whatever. I really enjoyed it. What was nice was that the second guy I played was double teaming and sprinting around like a mad man and I was basically playing keep away while he unloaded all of his players energy. I wonder how far I can get before hitting some of the more challenging people online.

Double D

Sorry for the double post, but I'm wondering about the FUT market and how to buy/sell with TOTY coming up. I didn't start playing FIFA 14 until a couple of months before 15 came out, so I'm just not sure what to expect.

If TOTY comes out next week (?), does that mean the best time to sell your cards would be literally right now before TOTW comes out?

Sorry for the double post, but I'm wondering about the FUT market and how to buy/sell with TOTY coming up. I didn't start playing FIFA 14 until a couple of months before 15 came out, so I'm just not sure what to expect.

If TOTY comes out next week (?), does that mean the best time to sell your cards would be literally right now before TOTW comes out?

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure TOTY is actually Team of the Season so you won't see them coming out til around May. I think that's correct but someone will know for sure.

Double D

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure TOTY is actually Team of the Season so you won't see them coming out til around May. I think that's correct but someone will know for sure.

According to this site there is a TOTY and a TOTS.

Still not sure how to play the market correctly. Certain cards like Bale are looking like they are at a high, when guys like Lewandowski and Reus are going for a bit lower than normal.

Maybe I'll sell off everything but my BBVA squad and see what happens. I guess if nothing else I'll break even.

Lashley

TOTY is in a few weeks, TOTS is May time

Market usually crashes around TOTY as people sell their players to try and get TOTY players

jts

...hate me...
I just started playing FUT and I wonder how the hell I get to that view they shown on the tutorial where you have the following tabs:

• Squad
  • Transfer List
  • Club
Basically I want to move some players from Club to Transfer List and I have no idea how.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm so tired of seeing assholes like this nonstop.
This was the worst of it by far, but I've seen so many messi/suarez/neymar teams.

edit: Ha and next game has Aguero, Hazard, Kompany, Sanchez, Toure, Ramirez, Courtois, etc.

Double D

Damn, those FUTmas packs really screwed things up for me. I should have sold Bale the other day. Oh well, at least I made some coins selling Lewandowksi and Reus. Now the question becomes when to buy low again.

OK i am in all sorts here.... How do i play a simple online game against my friend? Not season mode or ultimate team etc but just a basic 1v1 match?? I've been looking through the menus and googling this shit for 30 minutes and still can't figure it out, i'm so sorry for having to ask this moronic question :( please help me

OK i am in all sorts here.... How do i play a simple online game against my friend? Not season mode or ultimate team etc but just a basic 1v1 match?? I've been looking through the menus and googling this shit for 30 minutes and still can't figure it out, i'm so sorry for having to ask this moronic question :( please help me

It's Friendly Seasons. Don't be put off by the name, it's just 1v1 unranked games against your friends where it happens to track your win loss record.

Edit: It's Online Friendlies not Friendly Seasons.

genjiZERO

So it's been a while since I played FIFA with any seriousness. Does anyone have a link to a good tutorial on how to do FUT properly?

Top Bottom