• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 15 |OT| 99 problems but the pitch ain't one.

How do you stop people pressing you so much? Every game I play I'm being pressed for the full 90 minutes. You can't even create custom tactics to counter it this year which is complete bullshit

And the goalkeepers are complete shit. They hesitate when you call them out then do nothing with the ball. Just stand still. Then they'll come off their line when you don't even call them out. That's not even including shit like diving the complete opposite way of an incoming shot

I think this is worse than last years

genjiZERO

This thread is dead, but here are my thoughts anyway:

I like the game, but it's too cheap sometimes. As others have said, corners are beyond useless. Playing against an evenly matched computer on at least semi-pro I also get one absurd goal scored against me. Just yesterday I had a flying header from outside the penalty box and a free kick from mid field go in against me. I can control the ball 65% of the time, get in over 15 clean shots on goal in a match (while keeping the computer to 1) and still end up in a tie. Furthermore, the difficulty scale from amateur to semi-pro is stupid. In amateur, I'll score between 10 and 20 goals a match, but in semi-pro I'm lucky to get 4 (when I play professional my record is 1:1:1 win:tie:loss) when the teams are evenly matched. It seems to me that you have to learn to do skill moves if you want to play at a higher setting, which is a shame because over-reliance on "juke" moves is why I stopped playing sports games years ago. Furthermore, both off-sides calls and injuries are too sensitive. Other than gameplay, the interface is horribly counter-intuitive and clunky. I'm still not sure how I can purchase consumables other than doing it through my squad.

I do like the control and speed of the play though. I went back and played 14 a couple of days ago with a friend and it was freaking slow in comparison. This is a very responsive game which I like. Also, I like the rate at which cards are handed out and you aren't overly punished for mistiming a sliding tackle (which is biggest criticism of PES).

So for anyone who knows: is the XBONE platform where most of the competitive players are at? I ask, because watching tutorial videos online everyone seems to be using that controller to describe the moves. That would be interesting, but a little surprising if true.

I think the game is worse this year too. I'm hopeful next year will be better if they sort out the GK and other issues and add something worthwhile still. I still have fun with this game and will still play it but it's a step backwards for sure.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
B6QoR-_CAAAsva3.png:large

I at least made my 200k back from those packs

valeo

This game played perfectly fine until the first big PC patch. Since then, had constant stuttering that starts at around 15 in game minutes every time. Fuck this game

This thread is dead, but here are my thoughts anyway:

I like the game, but it's too cheap sometimes. As others have said, corners are beyond useless. Playing against an evenly matched computer on at least semi-pro I also get one absurd goal scored against me. Just yesterday I had a flying header from outside the penalty box and a free kick from mid field go in against me. I can control the ball 65% of the time, get in over 15 clean shots on goal in a match (while keeping the computer to 1) and still end up in a tie. Furthermore, the difficulty scale from amateur to semi-pro is stupid. In amateur, I'll score between 10 and 20 goals a match, but in semi-pro I'm lucky to get 4 (when I play professional my record is 1:1:1 win:tie:loss) when the teams are evenly matched. It seems to me that you have to learn to do skill moves if you want to play at a higher setting, which is a shame because over-reliance on "juke" moves is why I stopped playing sports games years ago. Furthermore, both off-sides calls and injuries are too sensitive. Other than gameplay, the interface is horribly counter-intuitive and clunky. I'm still not sure how I can purchase consumables other than doing it through my squad.

I do like the control and speed of the play though. I went back and played 14 a couple of days ago with a friend and it was freaking slow in comparison. This is a very responsive game which I like. Also, I like the rate at which cards are handed out and you aren't overly punished for mistiming a sliding tackle (which is biggest criticism of PES).

So for anyone who knows: is the XBONE platform where most of the competitive players are at? I ask, because watching tutorial videos online everyone seems to be using that controller to describe the moves. That would be interesting, but a little surprising if true.

Sort of late for a reply but must competitive players play FUT. The skill ceiling is pretty high if you don't know the game mechanics fully. My best advice before jumping to play in FUT online is to play the CPU at professional-world class difficulty. Once you can defeat the machine constantly at that difficulty you will be able to hold your own online, an make it at least to Division 7. Seen as how you still struggle with Professional, you might still have a hard time.
If you choose to start beware that there are customized tactics in the squads section if you press triangle. Do use this settings for things like telling defenders to never go up while attacking or you will get destroyed online guaranteed. And rotate your team to regain fitness. The most balanced formation when you start is 4-1-2-1-2. Once you get proficient with it you can choose other formations or stick with it (I personally use 4-2-2-2).
Beware that all players in FUT have different attacking and defending characteristics. For example choosing to use two center backs with high attacking, low defending mentality is a recipe for disaster. A lot of people don't understand/don't know that this plays a big role in a match and choose to drop the game after losing constantly, since the game doesn't explain this.
Currently I've been stuck in Div 4, so I feel I have a strong understanding of the game.
I would go more into detail about defensive and attacking tactics but I see that the thread is pretty much dead.

blacklotus

Sort of late for a reply but must competitive players play FUT. The skill ceiling is pretty high if you don't know the game mechanics fully. My best advice before jumping to play in FUT online is to play the CPU at professional-world class difficulty. Once you can defeat the machine constantly at that difficulty you will be able to hold your own online, an make it at least to Division 7.

I never played offline fifa. Can't really play aggainst CPU. Bores me to death.

Any fellow gaffers are level 101EASCatalogue at PS4? Would love the high socks.

Edit: just got them. If any gaffers want them, send me a pm.

I never played offline fifa. Can't really play aggainst CPU. Bores me to death.

Any fellow gaffers are level 101EASCatalogue at PS4? Would love the high socks.

Edit: just got them. If any gaffers want them, send me a pm.

It is boring for sure, but it is great practice + it will make you a lot of coins if you constantly win offline divisions, which you can use to build a solid team to play online. I grinded 20k offline before playing the first time online, had a great team so I never had to play offline again. Also offline FUT feels different that normal offline fifa, can't really put my finger on what causes the difference though.

On a different note, do anyone know a legit site to buy coins online for the game. I have $5 of spare cash on gift card visa that I wish to use.

AcridMeat

Banned
Should note, there's a single player tournament that nets you a jumbo gold rare pack. First time I had spent offline in quite a while. It's only on professional which I was dominating before going online full time and yet they were more difficult than some people online in div 6 (I'm bad).

jts

...hate me...
How would FUT online Seasons compare with regular Seasons, if anyone have played both? Quality of players, etc.

I just play normal Seasons. Not really into FUT. But it could be an interesting change of pace.

Although tbh, I tried once to play FUT Seasons and my internet gave me hell about finding a bloke, so I gave up back then.

TOTY comes out tomorrow, prices are gonna be low for the next week on FUT, I've not played it much this year so won't be buying packs but it is still a great time of year to enjoy the game and try to improve what is a rather poor squad.

Double D

I realize this thread is dead but I have nowhere else to share this, lol. Well this has been a pretty good week for me so far. Got a regular Messi, an Ibra, and a SIF Clichy. Not really sure what else I care to do with this current team.

---------------Messi-------------------
--Neymar---Di Maria---Robben--
------Fabregas----Schweinsteiger-----
IF Clichy--Kompany---Boateng---Piszcek

My only issue is I'm not sure I want Messi as my striker. I've also got Suarez, Ibra, and Aguero, as well as James Rodriguez. I've basically gotten to a point where I've got too many good people. It feels damn nice, too. I've always had shit squads but some pack luck and some good IF trading have really gotten me some great coin.

Anyone else playing or playing the market during the TOTY stuff? It'd be nice if there were people to talk to in here so I don't have to creep on the EA forums.

AcridMeat

Banned
Now that team of the season cards are out, how's everyone's luck been? I opened a 50k pack and got nothing, then opened 4 25k packs today with the forwards out and got I think Tevez (duplicate) and Rossi oh well.

Faced this kid a couple minutes ago.
A2cgVol.jpg

I say kid because I was up 5-0 just before half time when they quit. I'm not good at this game so I can only imagine they were a kid with their parent's credit card.

Double D

I packed a TOTY Robben last night!! Since this is only the second year I've played FUT and the first time I've experienced TOTY, should I hold on to him for a while? Just not sure if they rise or fall once they go out of packs.

Double D

I have to say, that TOTY Robben I got is kind of disappointing. Playing a False 9 with him at RW and honestly I forget he's even over there most of the time. Then when I do get him the ball he seems decent at maneuvering through traffic but I can't seem to ever finish with him. And even with instructions he just doesn't make great runs.

In contrast with Neymar and SIF Sanchez, my 2 options on LW, those two make great runs and always get involved. Anyone get lucky enough to get TOTY and be kind of disappointed?

And just respond, people. I know you're playing this. Don't make me resort to the EA forums.

Peterpan

So finally got FIFA 15 on the Xbox one and you have to update the game so you can play the game. Is this an error or what. Why must I update my game to play it. Modern day gaming at its finest.

near

Gold Member
Been trying to access this online for the past 3 days only to the response of "ea servers are not available at this time", and I've only had the game for 3 days! This is fucking annoying, and I've done everything to my router and modem to get this to work. Feel like I've wasted money on this shit.

Hey guys, I don't play this game, nor any other FIFA game, but I just got the following email:

Dear Customer,

We are contacting you to notify you that we have found your FIFA Ultimate Team account to be in violation of our Terms of Service.

Your account has been found to have been involved in purchasing FIFA Coins from a third party service. Purchases of FIFA Coins from these services are strictly forbidden. Only the purchase of FIFA Points is allowed. Coins can only be earned through playing Ultimate Team and trading on the Auction House, never by spending real currency.

What the fuck does this mean? As I said, I don't play FIFA. And haven't since the PS2 days.

Double D

Pretty sure it depends on the Stadium. Don't think you can change anything but I'm pretty sure there's an option to enable or disable stadium sounds.

On another topic, anyone still playing? Some crazy stuff going down lately with the absence of the web and phone app. Pretty great deals to be had if you have the patience to monitor the market.

Double D

Thanks. Is there a date for when the web app returns?

Apparently lots of people are having their squads completely reset due to buying coins.

EA is pretty silent on the web app issue. One one hand it sucks because I can't trade from work but on the other hand prices are kind of starting to get back in line with the exception of the IF and TOTY Messi and Ronaldo. I thought maybe a new IF Messi in packs would lower things a bit but not really. Even the new card is right at 15 mil.

zychi

Banned
So Fifa 15 is $30 on Amazon right now. Does the pc version work? All the Amazon reviews say it doesn't. Should I skip it, or are they just dumb people who don't know how to change their settings? How is UT on PC? Worth the time? Still OP and duping going on?

I also see the pc version was recently cracked :/ any cheaters online on PC?

So Fifa 15 is $30 on Amazon right now. Does the pc version work? All the Amazon reviews say it doesn't. Should I skip it, or are they just dumb people who don't know how to change their settings? How is UT on PC? Worth the time? Still OP and duping going on?

I also see the pc version was recently cracked :/ any cheaters online on PC?

The PC version worked fine for me but i've stopped playing it as the GAF club died down. UT is useless on PC pretty much, you'll have a much better time on consoles. No idea about cheating or duping sorry!

Red Comet

Don't know how many of you folks still play, but EA are currently in the process of introducing price ranges via maintenance.

Kind of crazy, really.

Wow, I don't know how to feel about that. I've recently just started playing FUT, and I don't know if that will help or hurt me. Right now I've been relying on getting good deals on the transfer market and then using them in my club or flipping them for profit. I'm relatively poor in coins, so I may be priced out on some players. Or then again I may be able to afford stuff that I couldn't before.

Double D

Wow, I don't know how to feel about that. I've recently just started playing FUT, and I don't know if that will help or hurt me. Right now I've been relying on getting good deals on the transfer market and then using them in my club or flipping them for profit. I'm relatively poor in coins, so I may be priced out on some players. Or then again I may be able to afford stuff that I couldn't before.

I'm with you. Out of luck I sold a few expensive players this weekend, so I've got a decent amount of coins right now, but I can't help but look at the TOTY Robben I got in a pack that I could have sold for $15mil yesterday and now the best I can get is 7.5. I understand it's all relative, but someone new like you might be shit out of luck in terms of trading up for good players.

I suppose the good thing is that the coin sellers are pretty much screwed.

Futhead.com has all the price ranges under their respective player profiles.

ngower

Hey all,

Entering a tournament (for charity) in a few weeks. I haven't played much FIFA in the past few months so I was hoping someone would be willing to give me a few games on PS4. Trying out new clubs and tactics and all that jazz. Based in the US here. PM me if you wanna have a few games. I'll be on most of the day.

Guys, I'm having the problem/glitch that makes every job application in career mode to be rejected even if I met all the previous objectives.

Anyone knows if there is a way to get past it or fix it?

I was playing a pro club drop in match yesterday when this happened..
http://i.imgur.com/EtQAMGe.gif[IMG]
Player on my team manages to push the keeper over the line lol[/QUOTE]

brilliant! We did a similar thing in FIFA 13 on the PC Club here on GAF.

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/quicvheqysrb.gif

Double D

Just had a bizarre yet pleasant experience with customer support. So a few weeks ago I finally beat the hardest mode in offline FUT seasons in Division 1. Was supposed to get 2 free packs for winning it. Well, I never got those packs.

Put in a support ticket and out of the 'Missing Items' choices I picked 'Missing Coins' since there isn't an option for missing packs. I fully explained my situation and hadn't heard anything in a while.

Got an email today that they credited my account with coins as compensation. So I logged in and see that they gave me 2.5 million coins!!! I was pretty peeved I didn't get those packs after winning but I think I ended up getting a way better deal. Kind of crazy.

Meier

I was playing a pro club drop in match yesterday when this happened..
http://i.imgur.com/EtQAMGe.gif[IMG]
Player on my team manages to push the keeper over the line lol[/QUOTE]

Too funny. I scored a nice goal ([url]http://www.mobypicture.com/user/abellwillring/view/18017208[/url]) off a throw-in and was looking at other items that had the #ProClubs hashtag on Twitter and saw this one..

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7vS74A4R6Y&feature=youtu.be[/url]

Keeper pushed through the side netting and into his own goal. I would have woken the dead laughing if I was the other team.

Top Bottom