• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunpealD

Ken and Ryu's themes sounding great in V.

Going to have to disagree with Ryu's theme. Don't like the guitar it sounds out of place, on top of that it also reminds me of the Megas of Capcom Cup 2014 :/.
I'd prefered if they went for a more Japanese instrument.

Ken and Claw sound great. Nash seems to fit his change in character.

MrDaravon

Team Spooky ‏@teamspooky 12m12 minutes ago Brooklyn, NY
Thanks for watching today everyone. Feels bittersweet tonight thanks to you guys for giving me a reason to continue. Top 8s tomorrow.

I didn't get to watch much DtN today besides very early Ultra matches, what's this about?

I hear the SFV beta is adding six characters from phase one, one at a time.

Man, work's keeping me away from this beta and now I have the opportunity to play Birdie?! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!!

Pretty much in the same boat :(. I completely missed out on the first beta (I was only around for the first day when it was super broken), I just want to check out Chun :/.

Marz

What's the point in digging so much into the beta if things will inevitably change?

I bet Karin is going to suck when the game actually comes out.

Its pointless thats why all this shit is amusing to me.

I'll go hard in the paint once the game comes out

Doods making combo videos with combos that probably wont even work in 2 weeks lmao.

Tripon

I didn't get to watch much DtN today besides very early Ultra matches, what's this about?

Pretty much in the same boat :(. I completely missed out on the first beta (I was only around for the first day when it was super broken), I just want to check out Chun :/.
Shitty internet again.

Horseress

Its pointless thats why all this shit is amusing to me.

I'll go hard in the paint once the game comes out

Doods making combo videos with combos that probably wont even work in 2 weeks lmao.

Combo videos are cool, nothing wrong with it. The problem is complain about nerfs on a game not yet released

1) The game is always going to be in a state of balance. The notion of waiting for a "final game" is hardly applicable to this genre. The game is only done when Capcom abandons it. Why does it make less sense to get involved with it now than when it releases?

90% of the combos I put in my videos still work.

2) Betas are for voicing concerns. It is idiotic to suggest that players shouldn't complain about bad changes, regardless of their nature.

Bison isn't the Mewtwo of the game. Mewtwo was never good.
Truth.

1) The game is always going to be in a state of balance. The notion of waiting for a "final game" is hardly applicable to this genre. The game is only done when Capcom abandons it. Why does it make less sense to get involved with it now than when it releases?

2) Betas are for voicing concerns. It is idiotic to suggest that players shouldn't complain about bad changes, regardless of their nature.

1) Unless SFV has an NRS patching schedule, it is hardly comparable to genres who truly have their game in a flux. And again, Blazblue

2) You don't even know if they're really bad changes. Yeah they hurt your character but maybe they're justified.

1) Unless SFV has an NRS patching schedule, that is hardly comparable. Again, Blazblue

2) You don't even know if they're really bad changes. Yeah they hurt your character but maybe they're justified.
1) Right now, we are on a NRS schedule. It doesn't really matter how long it is between patches, either. The point by is that there is never a time to NOT communicate concerns like these. I don't see how BB counters that perspective.

2) Making a move entirely useless is a bad change. No move should be useless, especially when it is the preeminent new feature on a character. It would be like Ryu's parry having more recovery than blocking normally. Isn't that clearly a bad decision?

I am not miffed at all of the Bison changes, by the way. I am specifically irritated that Bison was given two new moves, and one was garbage. Now, both are garbage. I am irked that some links were removed, and that those links were already equivalent to links still in the game - weird and pointless nerf, really. Doesn't affect me, actually. I never used s.HP in combos, I like HK more.

Marz

Truth.

Nah i dont think so. Capcom has a history of letting their games breath, once the game releases we may get some minor changes but they arent NRS.

But the beta is what this kind of stuff is for, so like i said once the game actually comes out I'll look at it closely then.

So the weird slowdown is because of whatever unreal engine frame pacing is doing. Hilariously, you can just disable it by modifying the settings files.

Or maybe not, time to screw around some more.

Birdie got in the beta at 11:00 PM MST.

The only chance I'll get to play him is if the beta is still active come this morning at 9:00 AM MST. Then I'll get to play him for...an hour before I need to get some sleep.

HardRojo

I basically got Brentt sleeping right in front of me. We took some Jaggerbombs last night, but it's cool to have someone of his level here in Peru for the weekend.

So the SF IV method? A shame.

Also, why did you pick that avatar?

image.php

jbug617

Banned
Probably the reason for Spooky's bad weekend. Hope he gets reimbursed by the TO.

@nycfurby: I feel so bad for Spooky this weekend. was forced to use verizon 4g. doesnt have unlimited grandfathered data. his phone bill = $$$$$

Ahh...there's nothing quite like playing a character you've been really hyped about for the first time.

Finally played Birdie. I love him, and I want to have Birdie's beautiful bulbous babies. Didn't have much time to play him, so I went 4-4.

I managed to play Richard Nguyen's Rashid, and that character has crazy pressure. Thinking he may get changed up a bit.

The nerfs are really annoying considering the first versions of characters that everyone touched were fun to play. But I feel like they aren't nerfing them because they are too strong but because they progressed on what they want for the game system and needs to adapt characters to it. I hope I'm right.

kirblar

The nerfs are really annoying considering the first versions of characters that everyone touched were fun to play. But I feel like they aren't nerfing them because they are too strong but because they progressed on what they want for the game system and needs to adapt characters to it. I hope I'm right.
The LP->MK thing is a big example of that. Only a few instances of that still remain- Birdie still has one, likely because his lights don't chain (thus you can't get a special out in time normally.)

The LP->MK thing is a big example of that. Only a few instances of that still remain- Birdie still has one, likely because his lights don't chain (thus you can't get a special out in time normally.)

Yup and some things that were possible in the first beta are now possible only on counter hit, hinting that the game may become more oriented toward them.

People really don't get that there's no nerfs or buffs yet. Capcom's balancing the entire game around variables you don't even know about, so saying Bison or Ryu got nerfed is weird. And not all the changes are necessarily balance reasons. There could be an internal philosophy for how they want the cast to perform according to their vision for the game, and they're just bringing everyone in line. Or they changed things because they caused weird gameplay issues you don't know about. The game is still in a massive state of flux, characters are losing and adding motions, dash animations are changing, character speeds are changing. Hell, I'm assuming a large part of what you guys are playing in the beta has been changed weeks ago.

So I'm not gonna worry about balance yet.

ShinMaruku

Biggest issue with buffing or nerfing is often developers go too far. 3 nerfs wan make a character irelivant, look at ads their nerfs regularly destroy characters. Then you got Capcom nerfing Dj when he was still shit and talked fuckery about "we are looking at him"

That can be a concern is over nerfing or changing a character to something else that they lose you. Personally if they want the game in a direction I don't want I peace out. I dropped many a game and that is fine not the audience.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";182881049]People really don't get that there's no nerfs or buffs yet. Capcom's balancing the entire game around variables you don't even know about, so saying Bison or Ryu got nerfed is weird. And not all the changes are necessarily balance reasons. There could be an internal philosophy for how they want the cast to perform according to their vision for the game, and they're just bringing everyone in line. Or they changed things because they caused weird gameplay issues you don't know about. The game is still in a massive state of flux, characters are losing and adding motions, dash animations are changing, character speeds are changing. Hell, I'm assuming a large part of what you guys are playing in the beta has been changed weeks ago.

So I'm not gonna worry about balance yet.[/QUOTE]
I blame Max for this. It'd happen regardless to a degree, but putting out videos repeatedly complaining about it definitely didn't help.
Then you got Capcom nerfing Dj when he was still shit and talked fuckery about "we are looking at him"
He's seen as a joke character in Japan. I don't even want to ask why, because I don't think I'd like the answer.

MrDaravon

I blame Max for this. It'd happen regardless to a degree, but putting out videos repeatedly complaining about it definitely didn't help.

Yuuup, I was saying this forever ago. I really like Max and he deserves the success he has found, but he also has an extremely large following of people who don't follow this stuff at all really besides him. So when he puts out videos saying X people assume it as fact.

ShinMaruku

Oh I know why they view him as a joke in Japan and that's why I don't want Dj back. All his fans power Capcom to have that attitude and it is funny and ironic. They may claim Fj is the shit but Capom just thinks he's shit.

He's seen as a joke character in Japan. I don't even want to ask why, because I don't think I'd like the answer.
My understanding is that since he's the only character in SF2 designed outside of the actual studio, he's less "official" to the team. He's basically SF's version of Poochie from The Simpsons. If you were on the original team, you probably wouldn't take this character some marketing team on the other side of the world dropped on you too seriously either.

Every time they nerf him, Capcom's trying to send him back to his home planet.

Also, this is a beta, it shouldn't have any bearing on the patching philosophy or patching timetable post-release

People getting bent out of shape about this makes no sense, it's a beta for a game that's not out for like 6 months. I remember hearing from Art's stream about the changes NRS made during their testing period, if anything the SFV changes are relatively minor.

jerry1594

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";182884118]My understanding is that since he's the only character in SF2 designed outside of the actual studio, he's less "official" to the team. He's basically SF's version of Poochie from The Simpsons. If you were on the original team, you probably wouldn't take this character some marketing team on the other side of the world dropped on you too seriously either.

Every time they nerf him, Capcom's trying to send him back to his home planet.[/QUOTE]
He was designed by Capcom USA he's a ripoff of Billy Blanks in King of the Kickboxers.
Imo they should give DJ a frowning alt or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom