• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

His V-Trigger should make his normals do chip and give him the ability to kill via chip outside of Critical Art
They should also give him an SPD, SRK and an invincible backdash.

Seriously though, I don't think Sim will be able to play the keep away game as good as he did in SFIV, but he will also not be as free up close once the opponent get in, basically, they will... Normalize his play style a bit.

I'm predicting that all 3 final events will have a qualifier(and not necessarily the winner) who is already in the top 32 as far as points. So that will lower the bar each time to include Valmaster, Misse, and Dakou even if they don't go to Canada Cup or go and fail to improve their point standing.

We were both wrong mayne. I thought 130 points or so would be the requirement.

Rhapsody

Banned
WILD SPECULATION

thought if this crazy idea for sim's skill/trigger.

Skill is drills. Use f+skill for long drill, d+drill for short one (HK drill in sf4)

Trigger let's you teleport in midair

Sim did great in ST and even alright in alpha 3 and never had the TK teleports. If his buttons are good enough that would be awesome.

So hype for the yoga.

Alright is putting it lightly, haha

shaowebb

Upon playing more Skullgirls I gotta say that I wish Doom worked more like Robo fortune. Fucker should really have to earn that many missiles.

ShinMaruku

Juri and Ibuki are in?
giphy.gif

I wonder how crush counters will work with sim, both for and against. I'm sure there will be some combo video stuff that happens when you crush counter a sim limb from across the screen

mbpm1

I wonder how crush counters will work with sim, both for and against. I'm sure there will be some combo video stuff that happens when you crush counter a sim limb from across the screen

When you crush counter a limb you break his limb's bone and he can't use it anymore

That's how Sim will be low tier

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
lol at the Sim salt in the other threads and all 'round the internet. If the mere thought of his existence in the game gets people this mad, imagine how mad they're gonna be when they lose to him.

Ahh, the glory days of 2009, I welcome thee back.

lol at the Sim salt in the other threads and all 'round the internet. If the mere thought of his existence in the game gets people this mad, imagine how mad they're gonna be when they lose to him.

Feels good man!

I hope Saty comes back to pour salt into the wounds.

I am going to hold my hype until its officially official.

Upon playing more Skullgirls I gotta say that I wish Doom worked more like Robo fortune. Fucker should really have to earn that many missiles.
Five minutes into training mode with her left me with the same impression. She has to put in some effort to get them missiles.

It's pretty dumb. I had some rage over Zangief for a couple of minutes and just gave up afterwards. Capcom can do as they please with the roster. Anyone who is that mad over it should just play some other fighting games until they feel like SFV offers what (or who) they want.

DunpealD

As awesome at it may look in that video. I am hard pressed to see much good use for the V-Skill in it's current form.

It has startup of at least 2 frames, which means meaties and certain frametraps blow it up.
It also means that the parry itself has 2 timeframes of counter hit. You press too fast, you get counter hit from recovery, you press too late you get counter hit from startup. Plus no parry to escape super chip kill setup at wakeup.

Some info from testing:
When parry is used against lights, you only get frame advantage at best.
Target combos need to be parried completely.
Jump ins can be parried but most of the time you cannot punish after a parry.
Some special cancels like Ryus cr.mk into Hadoken or Karins cr.mk into flip kick can be stuffed when parrying the normal attack before the cancel to special.
Faster cancels like Chuns EX kicks need to be parried and cannot be stuffed due to fast startup.
It can be used as reversal.
No "Red Parry".

Evo moment 37 was possible and even made sense due to how the Parry worked in 3S.

But right now the Parry V-Skill utility is for a very hard read. Considering the many points where it can fail I would assume that most people will not use it at all.
If I were to include hyperbole, I'd say it is straight up trash.

Cross post from the other thread. Anyone got an idea how to use Ryus V-Skill?
Usually I'd say mid range against mid and strong pokes. But considering the risks and reward... nah.

NBA Super Saiyan gif evolved!

So by this definition Disneys Hercules Hades is now SSGSS? Cuz nobody in that gif looks like Super Saiyan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom