• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Dhalsim looks deliciously infuriating. I can just imagine carpet and drill kicking into throws back to carpet and then popping Ultra to pin them further with the big fireball. Really would like to see his damage.

Personally, I am hyped that Dhalsim has access to "all specials" while floating. Aerial fireballs? :-O

Those mix-ups will be hype.

I think people will be able to rush through the Flame Carpet. Bison, for example, will just Knee Press through it, then recover. Or, why not stay back? Reflect all those fireballs. No one loses to fireball spam in this game, so what is the fire really doing?

I think it will be really effective if you can pin someone in the corner and get a hard knockdown.

I can't believe they made my one request come true and gave him XvSF-style cancelable far normals ^_^

Carpet is a pretty good idea even without it actually hitting them and being recoverable life. It's a deterrent to moving on the ground against Sim, forcing them to jump. That's what Sim wants. On offense, putting it down on them in the corner and then trying to keep them there could yield good results.

It all depends on how reliably he builds V-Trigger and how fast it drains health. His V-Skill being a float makes it seem like he might have trouble with building meter. His Trigger isn't going to be a great deterrent if your opponent is winning since it doesn't actually interrupt anything they're doing.

DunpealD

Personally, I am hyped that Dhalsim has access to "all specials" while floating. Aerial fireballs? :-O

Those mix-ups will be hype.

I think people will be able to rush through the Flame Carpet. Bison, for example, will just Knee Press through it, then recover. Or, why not stay back? Reflect all those fireballs. No one loses to fireball spam in this game, so what is the fire really doing?

I think it will be really effective if you can pin someone in the corner and get a hard knockdown.

You do realize that Dhalsim just punches him when he tries to reflect the fireball right?

Line_HTX

Hmm...

I'm OK with Tekken VR. I can pretend I'm doing double air kicks with Lars' u/f+3 or Jin's EWHF. Maybe pretend to fight like Lili with her street gymnastics, HAHA

Need that blonde musician from Summer Lesson, though.

Ground flame is cool. Grey damage is no big, since just the concept will scare people into avoiding it, which is what Sim players will want.
Do you realize that Bison's reflect also reflects normal attacks?

Or throw out an early normal and make Bison block and take the chip damage. Its like you've never seen or played Dhalsim before.

DunpealD

Do you realize that Bison's reflect also reflects normal attacks?

2 different things. You said staying back and reflecting fireballs. Sim just punches him when he is in startup. Same thing applies to Ryus parry. With different timings he can easily neutralize them.
Also does the reflect works against lows? If not that's another killer against that v-skill.

Fireball spam alone might not be effective but combined with limbs it can certainly present a challenge for anyone to get in. Including the diagonal up limb he now has an answer to divekicks.

notworksafe

I like all the SFV stages, they're pretty good. Less of a fan of them running at 30fps in the background but fingers crossed that won't apply to PC in the final product.

Infinite

Kind of unrelated to this thread but I didn't know Patrick Miller, the SRK writer, left his job at riot to join the Rising Thunder team.
Wow that's an interesting move to make. Certainly the rising thunder team would benefit from having a guy on their staff who worked for the league of legends developer, a game who's mold they want to follow with rising thunder.

.la1n

I'm not a huge Dhalsim fan but just seeing him get a new look is enough to make me excited for the character.

shaowebb

Could be worse. At least it's not Niitsuma.

Ya know I hear this a lot. Niitsuma. Shiitsuma. Other pun-suma. I'm curious though...what is it a bout Niitsuma in particular that has so many folks mad?

Granted Marvel 3's balance is all over the place, but its the MVC games which tried to balance shit once, sold worse for it, and exploded bigger the more they let things rock.
I'm not judging folks for holding an opinion positive or negatively here, I am literally just curious why this name gets people so talkative when he's one of the few who has dealt with tag fighters and the kind of crazy the FGC seemed to enjoy nearly the most last gen.

So if folks could for me could you just list what it is you liked and didn't like that he did?

Horseress

I'll forever remember Nitsuma for EVO's Marvel panel back in 2012, throwing shots at people bitching about their characters being trash

shaowebb

It's actually pretty much only Beef.

I can assure you that while it is not a rampant mainline opinion that Beef is not the only person I've heard this from. I was just curious in general for those that are against Niitsuma what particulars about his work set them off negatively or positively?

Beef hates now, but he probably has at least 500 hours on his Marvel record.

It reflects a fireball and a normal at the same time?
It might. In Beta 1, the reflect absorbed the first hit of a Knee Press and was invulnerable to the second.

In Beta 2, the second hit of Knee Press hit Bison before the fireball could come out.

Either way, Dhalsim will need screen positioning. Bison could just keep moving back until it is gone. It would be cool if it were permanent on the stage, though.

Ground flame is cool. Grey damage is no big, since just the concept will scare people into avoiding it, which is what Sim players will want.

Or throw out an early normal and make Bison block and take the chip damage. Its like you've never seen or played Dhalsim before.
Sim looks like his normals are much shorter than usual - I don't think he'll be able to harass well from full-screen this time.

2 different things. You said staying back and reflecting fireballs. Sim just punches him when he is in startup. Same thing applies to Ryus parry. With different timings he can easily neutralize them.
Also does the reflect works against lows? If not that's another killer against that v-skill.

Fireball spam alone might not be effective but combined with limbs it can certainly present a challenge for anyone to get in. Including the diagonal up limb he now has an answer to divekicks.
Reflect doesn't work against lows. We'll see, but I'm not optimistic.

PLUS, Sim will probably want to burn V-meter on V-Reversals more than any other character in this game.

Also you cant really reflect a fireball when Sim has the option to teleport behind you at any given time.
The reflect might autocorrect - who knows?

notworksafe

Ay Tizoc, made your avatar

c0ZuwOH.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom