• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God yeah. Three land mines and beams all day means I'm pretty much considering at the select screen whether I should dump all normal tactics and just go with Double assist and Peacock teleports. I honestly feel like I'd rather fish that way with Peacock than try to counter zone because though she may win its a war of attrition to go that route.

I keep thinking of running Fukua Robofortune and then either Valentine or Peacock to have someone of my OG team left. I'll probably go in on Skullgirls harder after I get a few more Arcana Heart fundamentals down.
The beams were so good that people weren't really utilizing the landmines the last time I fought her. Robo Fortune backed by something like brass knuckles and Peacock's flying George assist is the worst. I wouldn't even try to zone back. Big characters are just completely screwed by her beams if she is far back enough. Even Parasoul's Egret Dive soldier can't do anything to stop her beam madness. I have to get back on the Skullgirls horse and watch some tournament footage while I'm at it to see what she can do exactly. Robo and Eliza are definitely my least encountered characters.

peter0611

How much are people expecting the game to be changed from the beta to release? That's not a lot of time. I mean, if you're one of the people who still feel like the game is missing an additional "layer", it's probably too late until they release a major update/dlc.

In terms of gameplay mechanics, I think Capcom has shown their hands for now.

tariniel

I can't even put into words how bummed I was that SFV PC didn't work with my PS3 arcade stick. I really don't want to have to buy a new stick, since that one still works fine with USF4 on PC.

Has there been any indication that they are planning to expand the supported controllers, or fix whatever the problem was?

notworksafe

I can't even put into words how bummed I was that SFV PC didn't work with my PS3 arcade stick. I really don't want to have to buy a new stick, since that one still works fine with USF4 on PC.

Has there been any indication that they are planning to expand the supported controllers, or fix whatever the problem was?
For PC it should be fine. They just were only supporting xinput (most likely b/c of easier implementation) but there's no reason for them not to support directinput sticks in the final game. I wouldn't worry.

GS on the release date. I'm hype!

How much are people expecting the game to be changed from the beta to release? That's not a lot of time. I mean, if you're one of the people who still feel like the game is missing an additional "layer", it's probably too late until they release a major update/dlc.

Yeah, What we got is what we're getting. Wait for the Super update in a year for selectable V-triggers similar is ISM or Groove selects.

BadWolf

Not much aside from balance changes to known characters, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

SFV has shaped up nicely overall.

kirblar

Yoga float has gotta be his alternate dash from Omega mode.

Zen appears to either be a name change or shelved for now. "FAN" is the last newbie. Has an unusually high poly count.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

Yeah I think this is it for now.

I like the game but there's not much room for creativity outside of spacing and movement so I do hope they add something to spice it up not too long after the game's release. The game is like "hey here are the tools you have, and you're going to use them for the specific purpose we blatantly designed them for."

I hope they add some kind of update that opens things up a bit. As-is, game feels too streamlined. Most of the time when I think "I wonder if I can use this thing to do this..." it turns out that not only can I not, but that they deliberately designed things so that I can't even try. Feels like they put invisible walls everywhere.

I like the game but there's not much room for creativity outside of spacing and movement so I do hope they add something to spice it up not too long after the game's release. The game is like "hey here are the tools you have, and you're going to use them for the specific purpose we blatantly designed them for."

That's a good way of putting it. I felt the same way.

kirblar

To us the MTG psychographics- Timmy and Spike love SFV (minus the Spikes that get off on having an edge due to execution) Johnny though, is really never going to be happy with the game.

This isn't much of a leak considering the presser's in an hour.

Marz

Ive always wanted to get good with Dhalsim. Guess ill play him until the King comes back.

Good Sim play is beautiful to watch.

Negaduck

Cmon yoga. Let's get the dance back in full!

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom