• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I pity all the scardy pants who didn't join in on the bet.
You don't see me mad that I lost, then again I didn't get Elena among the initial SSF4 cast so eh, no biggy.

FLAME CARPET.
HOVERING.
A BEARD.

Y E S.

Edit: Oh, Flame Carpet doesn't seem to be a hitbox. Seems to "oil" them for more damage or something? Probably his V-Skill. Still cool overall. LOVE the hover.

Negaduck

That was so sick. Regular arcing yoga fire. Anti air HP, floating in the air!

Did you see the recovery on the drills?!?

Lord oh lord we might have those awesome drills back.

And air yoga flame!

To us the MTG psychographics- Timmy and Spike love SFV (minus the Spikes that get off on having an edge due to execution) Johnny though, is really never going to be happy with the game.

This isn't much of a leak considering the presser's in an hour.

It's almost as if we purposely timed this exchange to set up for the surprise of Dhalsim's trailer.

Sitting here at work eager to see the newSim trailer because of everyone going "Dormammu!" :lol
Eh. Flame Carpet has no hitbox, and the big fireball doesn't seem to have tracking. Not a huge fan of the Yoga Catastrophe replacement. Apparently, a big downgrade.

jbug617

Banned
kwXyV2K.jpg

Balrog
Guile
Alex or Urien
Ibuki
Juri
Alex or Urien

Rhapsody

Banned
Geek salt is some of the funniest salt.

I got a good laugh at the guy that wanted to know if cancelling allowed you to email Capcom the reason for why they cancelled.

I need to check out the Sim trailer again. I was half paying attention so I missed so much.
I was not expecting a redesign like that though.

phaonaut

Sim info
http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/...character-plans-revealed#.Vi-3GIudWDY.twitter

V-Skill - Yoga Float
Upon activation Dhalsim hops into the air and floats for a few seconds. During this time, all airborne attacks and specials are accessible. This can also be activated in the air.

V-Trigger
Dhalsim shoots out a stream of flames that stays on the screen on the floor for an extended period of time. If the opponent stands in the flames, they will slowly lose life in the form of recoverable damage. Once they step out of the flames, their life will begin to recover.

Will Dhalsim’s style be strictly keep-away or will he be more aggressive this time? Fans at Paris Games Week will be experience him for the first time on the show floor, so people will find out soon enough! Until next time guys!

FACE

Banned
Sim info
http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/...character-plans-revealed#.Vi-3GIudWDY.twitter

V-Skill - Yoga Float
Upon activation Dhalsim hops into the air and floats for a few seconds. During this time, all airborne attacks and specials are accessible. This can also be activated in the air.

V-Trigger
Dhalsim shoots out a stream of flames that stays on the screen on the floor for an extended period of time. If the opponent stands in the flames, they will slowly lose life in the form of recoverable damage. Once they step out of the flames, their life will begin to recover.

Will Dhalsim’s style be strictly keep-away or will he be more aggressive this time? Fans at Paris Games Week will be experience him for the first time on the show floor, so people will find out soon enough! Until next time guys!

Also some info about Fight Money in there.

NEO0MJ

Eh. Flame Carpet has no hitbox, and the big fireball doesn't seem to have tracking. Not a huge fan of the Yoga Catastrophe replacement. Apparently, a big downgrade.

The fact that health lost from it is recoverable makes it even worse. Still, can't fully judge it until we see it used.

Sim info

V-Skill - Yoga Float

V-Trigger

How do you get V-Gauge from floating around?

That V-Trigger seems kind of ass.

The fact that health lost from it is recoverable makes it even worse. Still, can't fully judge it until we see it used.
Yeah, we'll see.

Coda

You'd think Dhalsim having a beard would mean it would light on fire every time he spits that hot fire. Bro has that anti-flame beard tech.

Shun

It's not too bad since most red life that is recoverable goes away after getting hit again.

Unless getting hit gives them more red life then that sucks.

Marz

Yea that actually sounds really good. Even just for screen control.

Imagine late in rounds, you have a lead you put the carpet down. They have to approach.

Shouta

Carpet is a pretty good idea even without it actually hitting them and being recoverable life. It's a deterrent to moving on the ground against Sim, forcing them to jump. That's what Sim wants. On offense, putting it down on them in the corner and then trying to keep them there could yield good results.

shaowebb

That V-Trigger seems kind of ass.

Not really. If you score a knockdown or corner them you can lay it down and gain some ground on them, bait them to jump into the fireball, or just generally use it to intimidate forms of rushdown. Zangief's limited mobility would really hurt him vs it. Just look at Erron Black's wearing folks down strategies and though Dhalsim isn't pressure rushdown he's full screen pokes...gonna infuriate folks he drops a carpet on and teleports away from to keep getting bipped and poked back out and onto the carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom