• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulva

So streaming-wise, how is Canada Cup going to be run?

From their website
Canada-Cup-2015-Schedule-V31-1024x637.png

Rhapsody

Banned
Thanks. Are they planning on putting source quality on a paywall again? I can't remember which year that was (or maybe I'm misremembering things entirely)

Spuck-uk

Banned
Can't disagree with James Chen. Nobody cared about Cammy's Spin Knuckle. Why give it to her as a V-Skill if it's not interesting/fun/useful like Karin's Skill at the very least?

Spin knuckle is godlike against fireballs now though. 3/4 screen punish on reaction into full combo? Kreygasm

BadWolf

According to Professor from MmCafe:

According to a report by Gamebiz.jp, KOF98OnLine (a smartphone app by Tencent) is dominating the top ranks of Apple's iOS Appstore in Chinese speaking countries. It's currently ranked at #1 in Hongkong and Taiwan, and #2 in China.

It's not 1st place in China because they've had a head start; the app was available since August 10 in China whereas it just got released around the 13th of this month in the other two countries. Still though, it reportedly hasn't dropped from the top 5 in China since its release, which certainly shows the series' popularity there.

Apparently they invited Tencent's app developers along with other involved staff to SNKP's Osaka headquarters and had an interview there with various media outlets from China. The KOF14 interview was a part of that.

Oh and that KOFXIV director not only worked on SF4 but SFXT as well it seems -_-

Infinite

Spin knuckle is godlike against fireballs now though. 3/4 screen punish on reaction into full combo? Kreygasm
Problem is that seems to be its only bit of utility atm. Also very lame and boring to give this character a move she already has as her V-Skill while nearly everyone gets something new and cool.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Problem is that seems to be its only bit of utility atm. Also very lame and boring to give this character a move she already has as her V-Skill while nearly everyone gets something new and cool.

Chun gets a really bap hop

Karin gets a very slow palm

Charlie gets an anti-fireball parry

Plenty of the other v-skills are less useful and/or more boring

WarRock

I thought Charlie's Skill was a life stealing poke that also nullifies fireballs. And hops are cool, a shame they aren't giving a lot of freedom to use it like a lower jump.

Karin's at least a new attack that has more than a situational use. And anyway, those are 2-3 vs the other 12-13 (?) examples.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I thought Charlie's Skill was a life stealing poke that also nullifies fireballs. And hops are cool, a shame they aren't giving a lot of freedom to use it like a lower jump.

Karin's at least a new attack that has more than a situational use. And anyway, those are 2-3 vs the other 12-13 (?) examples.

Spin knuckle crosses up as well now as well, if you can't find a use for it, might want to pick another character.

Quesa

Can't say I see Juri in that second-to-left image in the DLC character teaser. It just looks like Rashid with this back turned away

Infinite

I'm talking about the fact that she has a vskill that literally just one of her older moves which is boring to me while most other characters get a new move to their repertoire.

Pompadour

I'm talking about the fact that she has a vskill that literally just one of her older moves which is boring to me while most other characters get a new move to their repertoire.

I kind of agree. I think with her and Ken they need to add something more, perhaps additional options. It would nice if Cammy could choose not to do the fist after the initial spin.

BadWolf

Fun tidbit, apparently the actor who played Vega in the 1994 Street Fighter movie is the voice of Code Talker from MGSV.

Haven't see it yet but it seems he also has a role in the 2015 movie Bone Tomahawk.

notworksafe

Damn, I didn't even get a chance to meet you THIS year. :(
yeah, i know...this year was just crazy haha. we'll meet up eventually one year!

had to make a decision between evo and wrestlemania since the gf and i are also doing a bunch of other trips next year and we went with wrestlemania. it'll be the first evo i'll miss in quite a few years :(

Infinite

I kind of agree. I think with her and Ken they need to add something more, perhaps additional options. It would nice if Cammy could choose not to do the fist after the initial spin.
They should consider adding multiple V-Skills per character in the future. I think it would give the game some depth as well as letting individual play styles shine through.

notworksafe

So FGCGaf, assuming the files in the PC version of SFV (Alex, Urien, Balrog, Juri, Ibuki, Guile) are the 6 DLC characters for next year, what are three other DLC characters you'd like to see in SFV?

I'll start:

Sagat - Iconic and fun to play
Hakan - 2nd best SF4 addition and I feel oil stuff has potential to be cool V-Skill/Trigger
Q - Cool character and very strategic to play. Maybe V-Skill could be focus+SF3 taunt power?

Kalamari

Never heard of kstoute, he must be a DOA player or something.

Also, I think fast food in general is better in japan than the U.S., not just hamburgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom