• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I’ll be in Orlando for 10 days as of Saturday and I was wondering if anyone knows if there were any decent local fighting game meetups or weeklies over there? I’m from the UK and would like to pop in to see what’s up assuming there is some way to do that over there.

So FGCGaf, assuming the files in the PC version of SFV (Alex, Urien, Balrog, Juri, Ibuki, Guile) are the 6 DLC characters for next year, what are three other DLC characters you'd like to see in SFV?

I'll start:

Sagat - Iconic and fun to play
Hakan - 2nd best SF4 addition and I feel oil stuff has potential to be cool V-Skill/Trigger
Q - Cool character and very strategic to play. Maybe V-Skill could be focus+SF3 taunt power?

For me:
- Ingrid (she looks like she's having fun and her attitude is beautifully trollish. I also played her in Capcom Fighting Jam and I enjoy her theme music :3 )
- Poison (I still remember playing Final Fight as a kid and wishing I could play as poison or roxy instead of the 3 you could pick :p )
- maybe a new character that's a bit like Abel's original design? (I just love the idea of a tiny, cute grappler. Admittedly Mika's at least given me joy by adding a bubbly goofy grappler I'm happy to play to the roster :3 )

To be honest though, I'm already happy with what's been unveiled/leaked. I've got Mika, Karin, Ibuki and Juri to play. I've never been this spoiled for choice in a Capcom-only fighter before and I'm not greedy :p

notworksafe

Hey guys. I’ll be in Orlando for 10 days as of Saturday and I was wondering if anyone knows if there were any decent local fighting game meetups or weeklies over there? I’m from the UK and would like to pop in to see what’s up assuming there is some way to do that over there.

Did a little looking around and it seems there is a weekly event on Wednesdays at Chewy Boba Fullsail that starts around 7:30p. If you're able, give them a call at (321) 316-4771 and see what's up.

There's also an Orlando FGC group on facebook, I'm sure you can find some decent info there too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/orlandofgc/

To be honest though, I'm already happy with what's been unveiled/leaked. I've got Mika, Karin, Ibuki and Juri to play. I've never been this spoiled for choice in a Capcom-only fighter before and I'm not greedy :p
I feel similar to this, Mika and Juri in a game gives me most everything I'd want. But that's why I tried to think about who else could make a good addition cause there's so many good SF characters. Also I had a surprising amount of fun with Ryu in this beta so it had me interested in rethinking characters I'd previously written off as "not for me".

ShinMaruku

Check out what Jabeailey has running out there. I forget some of the places but I know there are some areas out on the I drive.

vulva

So FGCGaf, assuming the files in the PC version of SFV (Alex, Urien, Balrog, Juri, Ibuki, Guile) are the 6 DLC characters for next year, what are three other DLC characters you'd like to see in SFV?

I'll start:

Hakan - 2nd best SF4 addition and I feel oil stuff has potential to be cool V-Skill/Trigger
Q - Cool character and very strategic to play. Maybe V-Skill could be focus+SF3 taunt power?

Linn Kurosawa because I loved the AvP game and I'd like to have another chance to play as her in another game somehow. That said, I have no idea how she'd translate in to SF so I might end up not liking her at all.

After that, I don't really care about specific characters. I want a good defensive charge character of some sort. Bison and Chun both have a few charge moves but are more pressure and offensive oriented. I like a good defensive play style and I'm more comfortable using charge attacks. If at all possible, give them some decent pokes too.

I don't have a third, I'm sorry.

edit: Since I can't think of a third, bring Leona from KOF to SFV. Cool defensive moves, unique moveset with strong air-to-air options. She's great.

Check out what Jabeailey has running out there. I forget some of the places but I know there are some areas out on the I drive.

How would I find it? Don't see much on his twitter. I might be able to get to that place mentioned earlier but it's like 17 miles from my hotel. Turns out the US is quite big. I'll be on International Drive anyway so hopefully I can find stuff a little closer.

notworksafe

Another SFV DLC option for me would be a new character that has Julia's moveset from SFxT. She was my favorite character in that game by a country mile. Lili's moveset was a close second.

edit: Since I can't think of a third, bring Leona from KOF to SFV. Cool defensive moves, unique moveset with strong air-to-air options. She's great.
Definitely an playstyle that isn't around much in SF. V would benefit from someone like Leona a lot.

How would I find it? Don't see much on his twitter. I might be able to get to that place mentioned earlier but it's like 17 miles from my hotel. Turns out the US is quite big. I'll be on International Drive anyway so hopefully I can find stuff a little closer.
Uber is your friend when it comes to getting around in bigger US cities. Cheaper and more reliable than any taxi for getting where you need to go.

Topanga revealed which characters the players will use in the lower league.

Momochi - Ken/Guy
Michael Tan - Ken/Ryu
Hagejin - Gief/Abel
Dashio - Seth/Decapre
Uryo - Chun/Viper
Pepeday - Fuerte/Seth

Finally got through the KOF part of the King of Wolves archives. It was an amazing tournament, but dear god, the character choices. If you've ever thought everyone played shotos, if you've ever thought of EX Iori, Mr. Karate and Kim to be a problem, if you fall asleep the moment Zero May Cry or Morridoom hits the screen...

Do yourself a favour. Avoid this VOD like it's anthrax-laced and has the plague. Trust me. I love tierwhoring, I love playing K'/Kasumi/Nameless, I like watching them played. But too much is just too much. And this is too much.

A couple really solid players with interesting teams did make it pretty far - one plays Benimaru/Yamazaki/Bao, the other ran Foxy/Jhun/Heidern.

WarRock

Spin knuckle crosses up as well now as well, if you can't find a use for it, might want to pick another character.
Oh, nice. I'm going from outdated videos since I can't play the beta =)

I'll start:

I'm going to be disappointed if all 2016 characters are old characters. And I can't unsee Remy being one of the silhouettes, to my own disgust.

Linn Kurosawa because I loved the AvP game and I'd like to have another chance to play as her in another game somehow. That said, I have no idea how she'd translate in to SF so I might end up not liking her at all.
Air throws. Rebound kicks. Tiger knees. We going to never touch the floor.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I'll start:

Heck Yeah! I felt that Hakan would fit in Street Fighter V just fine. I would be okay if they are going to give him some kind of redesign if needed.

6Y1JM2D.jpg

phaonaut

Looks like UltraChen is doing pre and post show discussions about Canada Cup. I really like this stuff when they do it for Evo hopefully there is more of this for large tournaments.

NEO0MJ

I'll start

Gen - My main man. I really enjoy his moveset and unique gimmicks. V-Trigger can be an amazing mixed/third style.
Adon - Love his agile style, though I'm annoyed that Nash stole one of his moves.
Not sure about a third choice. Tie between Q, Makoto, and Rose.

Another SFV DLC option for me would be a new character that has Julia's moveset from SFxT. She was my favorite character in that game by a country mile. Lili's moveset was a close second.

I'd love to see Bryan's moveset come back.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Nah his weirdo ass haircut and red skin can stay. Hakan's among my top 3 fav. SF character designs.

To be honest, I love his design and I felt that he's perfect (for me at least). I'm just saying that I would accept redesign, at long it would guarantee his return. And I meant his costume-wise, not his appearance design.

Hakan's Halloween oufit is seriously awesome too

Indeed. I wish I could purchase that costume without buying a pack.

I'll start:

Twelve - Because poor man's Jedah is still awesome.
Q - Non-zoning defensive characters are sweet. Only want him back if all his buttons still suck but he gets a 3s level parry and def buffs.
Doctrine Dark - Make him an illuminati scientist or some shit, I dunno.

notworksafe

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";183274400]
Q - Non-zoning defensive characters are sweet. Only want him back if all his buttons still suck but he gets a 3s level parry and def buffs.[/QUOTE]
Well in SFV almost everyone's buttons suck so you might get part of your wish

Shouta

I wouldn't say everyone's buttons in SFV. I would say it's not a feature anymore, lol. I mean, Chun Li has stuff other than buttons now!

I'll start:

Three others?

Hakan - I loved playing Hakan. 'Was probably the thing that kept SFIV interesting to me, though I still sucked. I agree in that his oil mechanic could make for a great V-skill/trigger.
Two new characters - I don't really have any other characters I'd like to see return, since out of every SF character that is missing from prior SF games, I only want Hakan back.

I'll start:

It'd be cool if Q's V-Skill was defense buffs and then the trigger was turning it into attack buffs.

Negaduck

-Hakan // cool design and play style that could work better in sf5 with triggers

-Necro // would be pretty cool to see his play style and animations in 5

-Sodom // sf4 did him dirty. Weeaboo it up.

Guy (if not Guy Maki) - Fan of him since final fight, would like to see him return in a game with a better juggle system so he can get his SFA3 combos back.. Unfortunately Ken got a run v-skill so I don't know what they'd give Guy for a v-skill..
Cody - Can't have Guy without Cody.
Yun - main from SF4, though not a big concern for me if he doesn't return..

Krackatoa

Heading out to TO tomorrow morning to do prep for Canada Cup. I don't think my Hitbox works on PS4 without an adapter, sadly, so I probably won't get to play any SFV this weekend. If I do play anything it will likely be GG, SG or poverty games.

On the plus side, I get to ruin my voice shouting pool matches over crowds of people and I get to sleep in a crowded hotel room.

Mizerman

I'll start:

Q - Would love to see how he translates within SFV. Eh throws sluggish punches and doesn't afraid of anything.
Sodom - Always liked him since Alpha even if I couldn't play with him very well.
Oro - Helluva long shot, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom